Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Colvin is a beast!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Jags' Aaron Colvin led the league in 2016 by allowing only 6.9 yards per completion.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PFF/status/87...26/photo/1
I really like Colvin. Especially now that we have Ramsey/Bouye to lock down the outside, he should thrive as the Nickel
Colvin is at least a pretty good nickel corner and he might be something more valuable but it's hard to get a read on his ability. 
Somewhat frequent injuries and a fairly lackluster few games filling in at outside CB don't really have me convinced.  

I like his tenacity playing the slot and he's got a knack for that DB blitz that deserves mention. 
 Beast?  Eh, it'll take more than a tweet from PFF to convince me.  I like him though, and I really hope he and Ramsey are 100% when September rolls around.
He's gone next year, he'll get outside money somewhere else.
(06-18-2017, 09:06 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]He's gone next year, he'll get outside money somewhere else.

Yeah I think he will be gone too.  Decent player but will probably get more money somewhere else.

I personally think he's nothing special.. he's been solid and I don't remember him getting burned too many times, but he's made nearly 0 big plays besides his fumble recovery TD in his very first game.
I don't think he will leave in FA. He hasn't done anything to get paid. He won't be a starter this year. No way he 'gets paid'

Maybe he's number one in this category because he was covering the 3rd and 4th WR.
(06-19-2017, 08:13 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think he will leave in FA. He hasn't done anything to get paid. He won't be a starter this year. No way he 'gets paid'

Maybe he's number one in this category because he was covering the 3rd and 4th WR.

He wants to play outside and that's not happening here. Somewhere else will pay him to do so, every year of free agency proves it.
Bouye also mentioned being close to Colvin when he signed here. If Colvin stays healthy and has a solid year playing nickel, the Jags should try hard to sign him. Unfortunately, can't blame the guy for taking more money from a team that wants him to play corner.
Guys....Colvin hasn't did ANYTHING to warrant a pay day from ANY team.

No team is going to pay him anything. Yall act like teams are stupid.
(06-19-2017, 12:31 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Guys....Colvin hasn't did ANYTHING to warrant a pay day from ANY team.

Teams aren't stupid.  
But there will probably be 2 or 3 of them in the market for an experienced nickel corner with some respectable achievements working in his favor. 

In 2015 Colvin ranked second in the league for "attempts against" after being tested only 48 times in 16 games and 15 starts. 
He allowed 26 completions.  
He has only 20 "starts" in his career - but has accumulated 9 passes defensed, 1 forced fumble, 5 sacks, and 101 tackles. 
He's a nifty blitzer from the nickel spot and is solid in run support. 

I don't know that any teams will be promising a spot playing outside to Colvin, but I could see a couple of teams wanting to pay him to play nickel and maybe compete for their #2.  He'll have to stay healthy in 2017 to have a chance at this happening though.
As of right now he ain't getting paid by no team. He's worth more to us.
(06-19-2017, 12:31 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Guys....Colvin hasn't did ANYTHING to warrant a pay day from ANY team.

<head scratch> What'd we get for Gabbard again?
(06-19-2017, 01:06 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]As of right now he ain't getting paid by no team. He's worth more to us.

Whatever, guys like Davon House make $$$ every year on promise and Colvin has more than promise already. He's gone and the Jags know it, thats why Myrick will be the nickel next season once he's gone.
(06-19-2017, 01:36 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-19-2017, 01:06 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]As of right now he ain't getting paid by no team. He's worth more to us.

Whatever, guys like Davon House make $$$ every year on promise and Colvin has more than promise already. He's gone and the Jags know it, thats why Myrick will be the nickel next season once he's gone.

You'd think Myrick, but Marrone was talking about Josh Jones as a nickel. 
(06-19-2017, 04:58 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-19-2017, 01:36 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Whatever, guys like Davon House make $$$ every year on promise and Colvin has more than promise already. He's gone and the Jags know it, thats why Myrick will be the nickel next season once he's gone.

You'd think Myrick, but Marrone was talking about Josh Jones as a nickel. 
 Fewell and Marrone have been talking positively about Johnson at nickel and he looked pretty there last season.

But the post you replied to is speculating about 2018. 
 Myrick vs Johnson for the nickel spot in next summer's camp could be interesting.
Of course Myrick has quite an advantage in terms of straight line speed.  (Johnson is a 4.6 guy) 
Though they had nearly identical 3-cone and 20 yard shuttle times. 

This of course is assuming Colvin isn't part of the equation at that point and there's still a chance he will be. 

I really hope Myrick can earn a gunner spot this year.
Bruh, Colvin ain't getting paid. If so, based on what?

If a GM pays him outside money then he should just be fired.
(06-19-2017, 06:10 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Bruh, Colvin ain't getting paid. If so, based on what?

I don't think anyone's trying to pay him outside money next year.
But 3-4 million per year with a playing time clause/incentive is easily conceivable for him in 2018 if he stays on the field this season and plays like he has thus far.
I agree. Outside money for a 3rd CB that hasn't done anything. 3 to 4 per is max.
(06-20-2017, 09:15 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]I agree. Outside money for a 3rd CB that hasn't done anything. 3 to 4 per is max.

I think you're underestimating the cost of NFL CBs by saying this. I see him making getting quite a bit more than this as the team's primary nickel back who is fully capable of playing outside at a high level. He'll get well over $4 mil... possibly double that. 

(06-19-2017, 06:10 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Bruh, Colvin ain't getting paid. If so, based on what?

I agree he shouldn't get outside money because then we'd be talking about something like $12 mil per.
(06-20-2017, 09:15 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]I agree. Outside money for a 3rd CB that hasn't done anything. 3 to 4 per is max.

Barring bad injury or an absolutely terrible year, he'll likely get $5million+ AAV on the open market. Go look at the last couple free agency periods, even mediocre corners get paid good money.
Pages: 1 2