Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Shad Khan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Its time to Drain The Swap and Make The Jaguars Great Again!

Gus,Dave,Blake.. your fired

Or tie them to one of his bumpers like Dinky.
Quote:Or tie them to one of his bumpers like Dinky.

Lol. "Poor little dog. Probably kept up with you for about a mile or so..."
He should do one better and sell the team. Terrible owner.

Pros: 

Kept the team in Jacksonville

Built the best locker room, training room, and scoreboards in the world

Greatly improved the club seats and removed the tarps

Building amphitheater and indoor practice field

Invested in a lot of local businesses

Donated millions to local charity and military

Cons:

Kept a head coach a season too long

I think we can see where the scales tip.

Quote:Pros: 

Cons:

There really should be an IQ test of some sorts before being allowed to create a thread to be sure.
He'll keep Caldwell and fire Gus, as he should.

I like this defense very much.  Another pass rusher, another quality CB, and we're pushing elite status.
Quote:He'll keep Caldwell and fire Gus, as he should.

I like this defense very much.  Another pass rusher, another quality CB, and we're pushing elite status.
I'll add the pass rusher may already be on the roster.  Fowler is so raw that he may be the answer with a different approach and a different scheme. 
Khan's only error of note  (as mentioned by KYjaggy) has been sticking to his plan of giving Gus 4 years to get it working. 

It was a noble plan, but he and Caldwell would have been wise to abort that mission back in January - or at the least during the bye week this year. 

I can't imagine a scenario where there isn't a new staff in place in 2017 and the GM job is no lock either (even though I have some confidence in Caldwell being able to complete the roster effectively.) 
Bortles is killing us.  Next year, I would dump Henne and get a quality QB veteran.  Then in 2018, I would draft a QB.

Khan isn't firing GB.

He knows the season is over. He knows he needs to motivate ticket sales next year.

A new coach and a couple more players, add the hype and it's PT Barnum time.
Hes done a solid job so far, not hitting it out of the park with his first head coach/gm shouldnt be a call for his head at all.

As far as sticking with gus too long, most of us were on board with giving gus one more year with a brand new set of toys to find out if it was talent or coach. Now we know the answer and its a matter of firing him now or later and I dont see anything more to be gained firing him now rather than later. Who knows if were even calling for Gus' head if we had a real quarterback.
Quote:Khan's only error of note  (as mentioned by KYjaggy) has been sticking to his plan of giving Gus 4 years to get it working. 

It was a noble plan, but he and Caldwell would have been wise to abort that mission back in January - or at the least during the bye week this year. 

I can't imagine a scenario where there isn't a new staff in place in 2017 and the GM job is no lock either (even though I have some confidence in Caldwell being able to complete the roster effectively.) 

Noble or not, you don't keep a coach past it being evident they will not succeed in the job.  For me, I saw that at the end of the first season.  However, for the GM and owner to keep Gus beyond last season is a big foul on their part. 

You don't stick with your plan on principle.  You must be willing to change your plan if you know you made a bad decision.  A sign of a good leader is admitting your mistakes, not sticking to a plan whether it succeeds or fails.
Khan has no idea when it comes down to football decisons.
Quote:Khan has no idea when it comes down to football decisons.

I agree 100%.
Keep Caldwell.

Like I've said before you love him so much for improving some sites in Jacksonville then vote him for mayor. Not all Jaguars fans live anywhere close to that city and couldn't care less what he does there. He's a terrible owner when it comes to football operations and winning in the NFL. It's mind blowing people can't separate these two aspects without feeling the need to defend this cesspool of an environment that can't even sniff .500 football. Last I checked that's was the point of the league.
Quote:Pros: 

Cons:

you forgot one. only stadium in nfl with pools.
I don't even know any more.  This team is almost alien to me.

Are they even from Jacksonville?  

This team is becoming an existential crises for me.  I'm not sure I really care that the team stays in Jacksonville.  If they move on to London, at least I can cut ties and begin enjoying football again.
I'm sure Mr Khan is appreciative to all this advice about what he is doing wrong by message board posters, and I'm sure from now on he will be a member of this board and post a poll about every decision he needs to make in its own thread for all you non CEO/ or Non Execs to instruct him on the proper course of action...Stand by, Mr Khan will be with you soon, he just waiting to hear y'all non Execs way to run a business 

Pages: 1 2 3