Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Malik Jackson says the "S" word
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote: That’s what I believe and, until we lose, that’s when I’ll believe different,” Jackson told The Simms and Lefkoe Podcast, via NFL.com.

“The Panthers did it. If the Panthers can do it after the season they had [in going 7-8-1 in 2014]. . . But we’re going to win the Super Bowl. If they can do it, why can’t we?”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...r-jaguars/

Get ready for the worst season ever in Jaguars history. 

Courtesy of,

Malik Jackson 
Super bowl bound, lol
I'm glad he's talking like that.

I don't think I agree with him, and I'd love to be proven wrong, but I'm glad he's speaking in those terms.
blasphemy.. I need my daily dose of negativity dammit..
I like the attitude. Even if they don't win, it challenges the team to be the best they can be. If we go 10-6 and win a playoff game, people will feel pretty good about the season no matter what he said.
Been a long time since any of these players said anything remotely close to this. I like it, doesn't bother me one bit.
In other News, Roger Goodell has announced surprise drug test for Malik Jackson on Monday.
Fine by me. He does his job and does it very well, so he should be confident.
I love the enthusiasm and confidence. However I did roll my eyes at the super bowl comment. I don't believe that but I am hopeful about the rest of what he said.
If you don't believe you can win the Superbowl then you're just going through the motions. I'd rather he have real belief that the team can win in a serious way that just be pulling a paycheck. I have no problem with him saying it or believing it. There hasn't been enough expectation of winning in the locker for the last few Sprinkles covered years.
I like it. Gotta have confidence not only in your self but in this case your team as well. We shall see tho lol.
Well I'm surprised he beat the message board to the annual "this is our year" and "let's shock the world" threads
whoa everyone calm down here now. the team has belieaved that before,the team thought the same thing last year,and the year before. its nothing new the team belieaveing it. the only difference is someone came out,and said it pubicley.  someday jags will win the Super Bowl,i don't think it will be this year though. it takes time to build super bowl teams. I do thin the team will be a lot more compettiave this year,and we will see a more engrtic  HC on sideline. I still think we will see a better theam then last years. rember patriots weren't always winners even when they first got belchick.
[Image: fhwrw2.jpg]
"Who cares about winning? As long as they compete hard and get better each week, I will be happy."

Gus Bradley
Im fine with it. You can definitely tell that the mentality of this team has changed.
When you're the worst team in the aggregate over a period of 7 years, there is no such thing as jinxing yourself. With that said, have at it !!! I just booked my flight and hotel for the SB !!
This is laughable. Sometimes athletes let their egos overtake reality. I bet he wouldn't bet 90 million dollars on the Jags to even win 8 games this year, much less make the dang super bowl.
(07-24-2017, 11:06 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]This is laughable. Sometimes athletes let their egos overtake reality....
He's just trying to beat the loser mindset out of some of his young teammates that haven't moved past it yet. 
He's no idiot. He knows they'll have to improve significantly to scrape out a .500 record.
Anyone who thinks this is a poor choice of words by Jackson needs to reevaluate what the actual point of an NFL football season is. I want all of the players on this team to have that mindset.

There is not a single player on the Patriots, Steelers, Packers, Seahawks roster who is not envisioning a super bowl win this season. While great coaching and great playing are obviously essential and vital, a community mindset of a singular goal can go a long way to success. Far too long have we had a loser mentality. That needs to change and it starts with setting high goals and expectations.
Pages: 1 2