Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trump to settle University fraud case for 25 million
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
New York Times story.

Despite claiming to always fight the lawsuits against him, Donald gives in.  The settlement includes up to $1 million to the state of New York

New York AG Eric Schneiderman, quoted from the article:

“I am pleased that under the terms of this settlement, every victim will receive restitution and that Donald Trump will pay up to $1 million in penalties to the State of New York for violating state education laws.”

He needed to settle and put this behind him and I'm glad he did. He needs full concentration in leading this country.
Quote:He needed to settle and put this behind him and I'm glad he did. He needs full concentration in leading this country.
Definitely this.
I wonder if he made more money than that. Seems like a small price to pay for scamming people.

It feels backwards that you can hurt people financially like this and just pay a "fine" but you have a joint on you and have hurt no one can be put in jail and have your life wrecked. Wonder if it has anything to do with being rich vs poor. No way to know I guess. 

25 Mil? Pocket change.........

Welp, there you go. No admission of guilt. I think he could have continued the fight and won, but settling it basically ends this case and removes it from the media spotlight. He settled so we can move past it and focus on making America great again.

Quote:I wonder if he made more money than that. Seems like a small price to pay for scamming people.

It feels backwards that you can hurt people financially like this and just pay a "fine" but you have a joint on you and have hurt no one can be put in jail and have your life wrecked. Wonder if it has anything to do with being rich vs poor. No way to know I guess. 

I'll bet he didn't make enough to cover it from that particular enterprise.

Maybe he'll be able to use this as a carry-forward for the next few tax returns, joining all his other fake companies created specifically to do the same.  Anyway, nice to see some of the people he swindled getting their money back after a long fight.
Imagine the reaction if Hillary ever settled a lawsuit against one of Bill's "victims"

Quote:Imagine the reaction if Hillary ever settled a lawsuit against one of Bill's "victims"

Wouldn't that be Bill's call?
Imagine if Hillary had run a scam university.

Quote:Imagine the reaction if Hillary ever settled a lawsuit against one of Bill's "victims"

They already had to
Quote:Imagine if Hillary had run a scam university.

Loriate college
This isn't giving in, this is focussing on running the country. Glad this is off the screen.
Quote:Imagine if Hillary had run a scam university.

Well, they run a scam foundation so...
It appears that jj82284 and flsprtsgod are in a healthy competition to see who can be the greatest Trump apologist.

The V. Putin Is A great Guy Award. It's neck and neck.

Quote:It appears that jj82284 and flsprtsgod are in a healthy competition to see who can be the greatest Trump apologist.

Salt causes bloat. You must he storing a lot of water weight right about now.
Ehh.... no real story.

Quote:It appears that jj82284 and flsprtsgod are in a healthy competition to see who can be the greatest Trump apologist.

Listen bruh, don't make me put my shades down!

I hate the Clintons, you shouldn't mistake that for liking Trump.
Where there's smoke, there's usually fire.

Most of these online universities aren't much different. A poorly managed business, I suppose. We need to run most of these types of schools out of business anyway. 
Pages: 1 2 3