Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: TC is the real HC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone see the "In the trenches" video on the Jags site?  

TC is out there coaching up 27.     How many General Managers do that???
(08-10-2017, 09:55 AM)Moodachay Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone see the "In the trenches" video on the Jags site?  

I like his level of involvement so far.   And I'm glad Marrone is on board with it.  They are similar enough that it works. 

But let's not kid ourselves. He's not the HC and he's not the GM. He's here to make sure those guys are getting it done. And he'll have to share the blame when either of them aren't getting it done as well.
No, he's not the HC. He made that very clear in his presser two days ago. Something like, "This is the way Doug wants to do it..." He was saying, I'm not responsible for this!

I thought it was a shockingly clear disclaimer.
(08-10-2017, 09:55 AM)Moodachay Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone see the "In the trenches" video on the Jags site?  

He is an experienced football coach no matter the current position held. FYI...TC is not a General Manager and much different than the Executive VP of Football Operations position he holds. If it has to do with coaches and players on that field, he is ultimately responsible. Bet your butt he is going to make corrections if a player or even a coach isn't meeting expectations. I'm positive there is a mutual understanding there. Cool

I thought he was superior to the GM and Coach; but hey, I really don't know any former NFL HC that have his same position to compare him too.   Undecided
I've coached a few years and honestly, it never leaves you.. I could walk by a practice and the urge to help guys fix technique or how to improve something. It's a certain rush that only so many have and TC is one of them.

Now to answer your question, no, he's not the HC but I like his level of involvement
Unbelievable that anyone would complain about a 2 time superbowl winning coach helping out.

I am surprised Brklyn didn't beat you to this fine idea......
(08-10-2017, 02:26 PM)Dakota Wrote: [ -> ]Unbelievable that anyone would complain about a 2 time superbowl winning coach helping out.

Miss me??
No he's not
This thread is nonsense.

" I am the real head coach!! "

Tom Coughlin is for THE DEBIL!!!
(08-10-2017, 02:28 PM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-10-2017, 02:26 PM)Dakota Wrote: [ -> ]Unbelievable that anyone would complain about a 2 time superbowl winning coach helping out.

Miss me??

Actually, not a bit.

Who said I was complaining?

Just making an observation.     TC is and always has been a control freak.
Wasn't it Coughlin that told Shad that Marrone should be the coach during the interviews?
(08-10-2017, 02:35 PM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]This thread is nonsense.

" I am the real head coach!! "

Tom Coughlin is for THE DEBIL!!!

[Image: x9re_g.gif]
(08-10-2017, 02:43 PM)Moodachay Wrote: [ -> ]

Who said I was complaining?

Just making an observation.     TC is and always has been a control freak.

Marrone wants him out there, sooooooooo.....