Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TC is the real HC

Anyone see the "In the trenches" video on the Jags site?  

TC is out there coaching up 27.     How many General Managers do that???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-10-2017, 09:55 AM)Moodachay Wrote: Anyone see the "In the trenches" video on the Jags site?  

I like his level of involvement so far.   And I'm glad Marrone is on board with it.  They are similar enough that it works. 

But let's not kid ourselves. He's not the HC and he's not the GM. He's here to make sure those guys are getting it done. And he'll have to share the blame when either of them aren't getting it done as well.

No, he's not the HC. He made that very clear in his presser two days ago. Something like, "This is the way Doug wants to do it..." He was saying, I'm not responsible for this!

I thought it was a shockingly clear disclaimer.

(08-10-2017, 09:55 AM)Moodachay Wrote: Anyone see the "In the trenches" video on the Jags site?  

He is an experienced football coach no matter the current position held. FYI...TC is not a General Manager and much different than the Executive VP of Football Operations position he holds. If it has to do with coaches and players on that field, he is ultimately responsible. Bet your butt he is going to make corrections if a player or even a coach isn't meeting expectations. I'm positive there is a mutual understanding there. Cool
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

I thought he was superior to the GM and Coach; but hey, I really don't know any former NFL HC that have his same position to compare him too.   Undecided
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

I've coached a few years and honestly, it never leaves you.. I could walk by a practice and the urge to help guys fix technique or how to improve something. It's a certain rush that only so many have and TC is one of them.

Now to answer your question, no, he's not the HC but I like his level of involvement

Unbelievable that anyone would complain about a 2 time superbowl winning coach helping out.

I am surprised Brklyn didn't beat you to this fine idea......
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(08-10-2017, 02:26 PM)Dakota Wrote: Unbelievable that anyone would complain about a 2 time superbowl winning coach helping out.

Miss me??

No he's not

This thread is nonsense.

" I am the real head coach!! "

Tom Coughlin is for THE DEBIL!!!
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(08-10-2017, 02:28 PM)BklynJag Wrote:
(08-10-2017, 02:26 PM)Dakota Wrote: Unbelievable that anyone would complain about a 2 time superbowl winning coach helping out.

Miss me??

Actually, not a bit.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Who said I was complaining?

Just making an observation.     TC is and always has been a control freak.

Wasn't it Coughlin that told Shad that Marrone should be the coach during the interviews?

(08-10-2017, 02:35 PM)Jagwired Wrote: This thread is nonsense.

" I am the real head coach!! "

Tom Coughlin is for THE DEBIL!!!

[Image: x9re_g.gif]
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(08-10-2017, 02:43 PM)Moodachay Wrote:

Who said I was complaining?

Just making an observation.     TC is and always has been a control freak.

Marrone wants him out there, sooooooooo.....
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]