Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NFL.com - Can Jaguars' Leonard Fournette win rushing title? 'I think so'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can Jaguars' Leonard Fournette win rushing title? 'I think so'

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...i-think-so

James Palmer says Leonard Fournette oozes confidence after his NFL debut. Could a Year 1 rushing title be in order?
(08-11-2017, 10:55 AM)Jaxson Wrote: [ -> ]Can Jaguars' Leonard Fournette win rushing title? 'I think so'

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...i-think-so

James Palmer says Leonard Fournette oozes confidence after his NFL debut. Could a Year 1 rushing title be in order?

It would be amazing if he did, but he doesn't have to for the Jaguars to be improved.

Last night, he was 9-31.

Statistically, that's < 4 ypc.

However, he usually got about 4 YPC and tough yards inside.  He converted short yardage plays on the 4th down and on the TD.

That's what this team needed last year.
Quote:I've never let the game get bigger than me and I've always stayed humble. That's No. 1.

I love that quote. He talks about how slow the game is and how easy it was for him to transition, and then he follows up by saying he always stays humble  Laughing
the yardage stat line from last night is misleading, he is the type of back who can play 3 qtrs of a game with less than 4 ypc and then explode in the 4th for long tds. I'm pretty stoked to have him here.
(08-11-2017, 11:05 AM)darko886 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:I've never let the game get bigger than me and I've always stayed humble. That's No. 1.

I love that quote. He talks about how slow the game is and how easy it was for him to transition, and then he follows up by saying he always stays humble  Laughing

100% agree.  Its a shame how much backlash that statement about the game is getting on social media.  Its because he plays for the jags...etc. No one wants to realize he was talking about his feelings after the pats game and they still mention the jags like he's talking about practice.
Lead the league in rushing with a 3.4 ypc avg. Doubt it. Terrible.
Now that Elliott will miss 6 games its certainly entirely possible.
Does he have the talent? Sure. Does he have the OL? Not so sure.
Does he take that first carry the distance if he's in the game instead of Ivory? Suddenly his stats look great. Having the end zone cap his yardage isn't helping the average either. If he's worthy of where he was drafted then he should have a big year.
I don't know about the rushing title, but I get the feeling that he'll be battling McCaffery for OROY.
I love his demeanor and I'm estatic to see him running the ball. He's not phased by the competition at all. I Like That.

NH3...