Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Can Jaguars' Leonard Fournette win rushing title? 'I think so'

Can Jaguars' Leonard Fournette win rushing title? 'I think so'

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...i-think-so

James Palmer says Leonard Fournette oozes confidence after his NFL debut. Could a Year 1 rushing title be in order?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-11-2017, 10:55 AM)Jaxson Wrote: Can Jaguars' Leonard Fournette win rushing title? 'I think so'

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...i-think-so

James Palmer says Leonard Fournette oozes confidence after his NFL debut. Could a Year 1 rushing title be in order?

It would be amazing if he did, but he doesn't have to for the Jaguars to be improved.

Last night, he was 9-31.

Statistically, that's < 4 ypc.

However, he usually got about 4 YPC and tough yards inside.  He converted short yardage plays on the 4th down and on the TD.

That's what this team needed last year.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:I've never let the game get bigger than me and I've always stayed humble. That's No. 1.

I love that quote. He talks about how slow the game is and how easy it was for him to transition, and then he follows up by saying he always stays humble  Laughing

the yardage stat line from last night is misleading, he is the type of back who can play 3 qtrs of a game with less than 4 ypc and then explode in the 4th for long tds. I'm pretty stoked to have him here.
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

(08-11-2017, 11:05 AM)darko886 Wrote:
Quote:I've never let the game get bigger than me and I've always stayed humble. That's No. 1.

I love that quote. He talks about how slow the game is and how easy it was for him to transition, and then he follows up by saying he always stays humble  Laughing

100% agree.  Its a shame how much backlash that statement about the game is getting on social media.  Its because he plays for the jags...etc. No one wants to realize he was talking about his feelings after the pats game and they still mention the jags like he's talking about practice.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Lead the league in rushing with a 3.4 ypc avg. Doubt it. Terrible.

Now that Elliott will miss 6 games its certainly entirely possible.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Does he have the talent? Sure. Does he have the OL? Not so sure.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Does he take that first carry the distance if he's in the game instead of Ivory? Suddenly his stats look great. Having the end zone cap his yardage isn't helping the average either. If he's worthy of where he was drafted then he should have a big year.

I don't know about the rushing title, but I get the feeling that he'll be battling McCaffery for OROY.
'02

I love his demeanor and I'm estatic to see him running the ball. He's not phased by the competition at all. I Like That.

NH3...
"AZANE"