Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I'm not as pessemistic as many of you guys seem to be.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Remember when Blackmon played? Remember the Houston game, where he had a bazillion yards? Remember who the QB was in that game? It was Chad Henne.

Look, in no way is Henne going to be mistaken with his fellow Michigan alum Tom Brady. But the Chad of 2017 has a lot of great WRs. We haven't seen what he can do with Westbrook. I think he can be effective enough to have defenses back off from stacking the line against Fournette.

I also like Brandon Allen. I understand that he's played against scrubs. Still, he's done everything you can ask of him this year. It seems to me that unlike Blake, he can read defenses. I'd like to see what he does against the Panthers' 1's.  I have this fantasy that Allen could be the next Dak Prescott. Wouldn't that be awesome?

The defense played poorly Thursday, but two guys who stood out were Dante Fowler and Patman. It's good to see Fowler's progress. This time last year against the Bucs he disappeared.  With Colvin and Patman, the Jags are now two deep at CB.

The offensive line didn't run block, but to the best of my knowledge, they only gave up one sack. I thought Marone spent WAY too much time playing Ivory and Yeldon. In my view, Grant is the second best RB on the roster - and it's not even close. I love his speed. Don't forget that in the last regular season game against the Colts in Indy, he had over 100 yards. 

I'm not against bringing in a vet QB, but I don't want to overspend, like the Bears did for Glennon. Not trying to get political, but I don't think Kap's signing would go over well in a military town. I don't think we could have gotten a guy like Cutler. He wouldn't come out of retirement to play for the Jags. Mike Vick? Maybe, but isn't he like 100 years old. And would a guy that old play for the Jags? I'm open to other suggestions.
If we bring in Mike Vick, I'm done with the Jags. He's a scumbag.
The 3 QBs with the worst QBR since 2008?

Mark Sanchez
Blake Bortles
Chad Henne

Henne is not the answer. Please stop.
Is Ron Mexico even still alive?
Any competent team can game-plan against Henne in their sleep. Hes proven to be pathetic. I get that he made some nice plays on Thursday, but he got a ton of RAC and it was only 10 throws
Fine Brett. Who would you sign at QB?

And I never said Henne was the answer. He's a stop gap until next year. And that's true of any FA QB we could have signed this year.
For me, It's Tyrod, Kap, Hundley, Alex Smith, and Kessler. Price of acquisition included in that list
Hundley has shown nothing in the pros. He's not worth trading a draft pick. Plus the Packers, knowing the Jags are desperate for a QB. They'll ask for a high pick. It's too much for someone unproven. On the other hand, if they wanted a fourth round pick or lower, I'd be open to that. I just don't see them asking for that little.

Smith and Taylor aren't stop gap QBs. They're current starters, and as such, the Bills and Chiefs will want a first round pick for them. I'd rather use that first pick to draft one of the good QBs coming out of college next year.

Kap's not going to work in Jacksonville. There are hundreds of thousands of military vets in this area - active duty and retired. They are simply not going to accept a QB who sits for the national anthem. You can argue they're wrong, but that's not the point.

Kessler looks like a good option. What would the Browns want for him?
I'm sorry, but I'm not down with trading for a Browns QB. Especially one who's 3rd on the DC behind Brock and Kizer...
My only retort is that Hundley, Smith, and likely Tyrod are gone after this season, and I'm not the only person who knows that. Those teams only have so much leverage when they could sell guys that are leaving and at least get something as opposed to nothing.

I think the fallout from the Kap thing would be less than people think, but I guess it is really impossible to say.
(08-19-2017, 07:24 PM)JNev Wrote: [ -> ]My only retort is that Hundley, Smith, and likely Tyrod are gone after this season, and I'm not the only person who knows that. Those teams only have so much leverage when they could sell guys that are leaving and at least get something as opposed to nothing.

I think the fallout from the Kap thing would be less than people think, but I guess it is really impossible to say.

As a vet and a season ticket holder, I'd be done with this franchise.
As a vet, I wouldn't be upset if we signed Kap.
(08-19-2017, 07:38 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-19-2017, 07:24 PM)JNev Wrote: [ -> ]My only retort is that Hundley, Smith, and likely Tyrod are gone after this season, and I'm not the only person who knows that. Those teams only have so much leverage when they could sell guys that are leaving and at least get something as opposed to nothing.

As a vet and a season ticket holder, I'd be done with this franchise.

I don't want Kap on the team for football reasons, I think he's he's a way less productive version of Bortles.  I'm curious though, what if the team did sign him and the first thing he did was have a news conference and apologize and say he thought he was doing the right thing, realized it was a mistake and would under no circumstances sit for the National Anthem in the future.  Would it change your mind?

Considering we already have people wearing custom Kaep jerseys to Jags games, I think you're right.
How about todd marinovich
(08-19-2017, 08:33 PM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-19-2017, 07:38 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]As a vet and a season ticket holder, I'd be done with this franchise.

I don't want Kap on the team for football reasons, I think he's he's a way less productive version of Bortles.  I'm curious though, what if the team did sign him and the first thing he did was have a news conference and apologize and say he thought he was doing the right thing, realized it was a mistake and would under no circumstances sit for the National Anthem in the future.  Would it change your mind?

Actions speak louder than words so no, an apology won't cut it for me.
(08-19-2017, 08:52 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-19-2017, 08:33 PM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want Kap on the team for football reasons, I think he's he's a way less productive version of Bortles.  I'm curious though, what if the team did sign him and the first thing he did was have a news conference and apologize and say he thought he was doing the right thing, realized it was a mistake and would under no circumstances sit for the National Anthem in the future.  Would it change your mind?

Actions speak louder than words so no, an apology won't cut it for me.

So you wouldn't give him a chance to show you with his actions?
Can't we just all get along and #MakeTheJaguarsGreatAgain?
Pondering this in chat who is best QB to jell with the WR and RB, BB5 or Chad

do teams have scripts that go to the QB strengths and make it hard for RB, WR?
do teams have scripts for WR, RB, that makes the QB not preform well?
do scripts for WR and RB, go against BB5 strengths to not preform well ?
thus WR and RB have to adjust their style, so that BB5 can preform well !
does Chad have the ability to adjust to WR and RB strength, enabling their talent levels to be a well oiled machine and jell.

I think Chad can adjust to WR RB strengths and BB 5 cant !
hope it makes a point, it just came to my thoughts and trying to put in words can be a task
I think Allen can be a more athletic Trent Green
Pages: 1 2