Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Nathaniel Hackett open for criticism?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm surprised that with as bad as the offense has been struggling, I haven't really heard anyone complain about the Offensive coordinator.  I think that our playcalling is fairly predictable.  Also we do run a pass play, we seem to run so many short out routes, quick screens etc.  We never seem to open up the offense and throw the ball down the field.
It's the same damn thing every year. Everybody knows we are running on 1st down. Only issue there is we don't have the personnel to impose our will.
Its.

The.

Preseason.

If its not predictable he's doing it wrong.
(08-24-2017, 08:17 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Its.

The.

Preseason.

It's not the predictability that worries me, it's the O-line getting manhandled on half the snaps.
(08-24-2017, 08:01 PM)Jagzfanfromiowa Wrote: [ -> ]  We never seem to open up the offense and throw the ball down the field.

Hahahaha!!! A Doug Marrone offense open it up? That isn't his philosophy. So many people wanted this guy as HC. Now they have him. Run, run, run is what he is going to do. He's a dinosaur.
How many offensive coordinators have we gone thru again? It's not them.
Those 1, -1 run yard gains are what wins championships
its like they are setting up Bortles to fail
Play calling was pretty bad. Looked very forced with no chance of rhythm. Between the wanting to run and QB controversy, maybe that impacted what was going to be called? Really though, it seemed like a small package of 10-15 plays.
(08-24-2017, 10:58 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]Play calling was pretty bad. Looked very forced with no chance of rhythm. Between the wanting to run and QB controversy, maybe that impacted what was going to be called? Really though, it seemed like a small package of 10-15 plays.

Do you show your pocket before the flop?
(08-24-2017, 11:05 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2017, 10:58 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]Play calling was pretty bad. Looked very forced with no chance of rhythm. Between the wanting to run and QB controversy, maybe that impacted what was going to be called? Really though, it seemed like a small package of 10-15 plays.

Do you show your pocket before the flop?

I'm sure it was meant to be basic but the guy could still make it interesting and not as predictable. With that said Ivory don't know where to run anyways!
If I were an OC then every play in preseason would be my 5th RB offtackle left then right with not more than 2 seconds on the play clock every snap.
You guys act like Hackett is some offensive genius who is just holding back in the preseason. Guy is trash.
I honestly don't care about what people think during this period.....

IT'S STILL PRE-SEASON.
I have never seen so much freak out in the preseason. Our fans are so skittish lol. Deep breaths.

Preseason. This is the time to not have a good game, this is the time to not care. There will be 17 + weeks to freak out over 1 game, at least freak out over a game that means something. I agree with flsprtsgod... Every damn play id call would be quick timing routes, runs, and by all means keep it in bounds and run out the clock. I would want these games over in less than 2 hours lol.
(08-24-2017, 08:25 PM)DragonFury Wrote: [ -> ]It's not the predictability that worries me, it's the O-line getting manhandled on half the snaps.

How true!
(08-24-2017, 08:25 PM)DragonFury Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2017, 08:17 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Its.

The.

Preseason.

It's not the predictability that worries me, it's the O-line getting manhandled on half the snaps.

yeah and the DL who can't get to the QB enough
(08-24-2017, 08:01 PM)Jagzfanfromiowa Wrote: [ -> ]I'm surprised that with as bad as the offense has been struggling, I haven't really heard anyone complain about the Offensive coordinator.  I think that our playcalling is fairly predictable.  Also we do run a pass play, we seem to run so many short out routes, quick screens etc.  We never seem to open up the offense and throw the ball down the field.

I don't think the problem is the play calling.  The problem I see is the inexplicable decline in the most basic aspects of football- blocking and tackling.  After all the padded practices, not only have we not improved, we seem to have gotten worse.
(08-24-2017, 08:33 PM)maheo30 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2017, 08:01 PM)Jagzfanfromiowa Wrote: [ -> ]  We never seem to open up the offense and throw the ball down the field.

Hahahaha!!! A Doug Marrone offense open it up? That isn't his philosophy. So many people wanted this guy as HC. Now they have him. Run, run, run is what he is going to do. He's a dinosaur.
He said many times he wants a control the clock and tempo physical ground pounding run game...Not much to open up, well the OL needs to open up some running lanes, other than that, it's gonna be a no frills offense
(08-24-2017, 09:09 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]How many offensive coordinators have we gone thru again? It's not them.
agreed, maybe some of them weren't so good at tailoring the offense to the strengths of players, but your point is indeed valid

(08-25-2017, 06:04 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2017, 08:01 PM)Jagzfanfromiowa Wrote: [ -> ]I'm surprised that with as bad as the offense has been struggling, I haven't really heard anyone complain about the Offensive coordinator.  I think that our playcalling is fairly predictable.  Also we do run a pass play, we seem to run so many short out routes, quick screens etc.  We never seem to open up the offense and throw the ball down the field.

I don't think the problem is the play calling.  The problem I see is the inexplicable decline in the most basic aspects of football- blocking and tackling.  After all the padded practices, not only have we not improved, we seem to have gotten worse.

I noticed not many of our defensive players wrap up when tackling, they just throw a shoulder at the runner and hope to knock him down
The offensive line was getting it's [BLEEP] handed to them last night earlier on. Henne has to get rid of the football a lot quicker in some cases but there were at least two of those three sacks where you could look and see and say "Yeahhhhh.... so and so [BLEEP] up on that one". Robinson got absolutely embarrassed on one play last night in particular. He looked lost.

The other problem is. Where the hell is the push up front? Every other running play felt like our line was either getting completely stonewalled or pushed back like they've never blocked a day in their lives. Pathetic. Just pathetic. I said it a few months ago but you can't hide poor play in the trenches. Last night I saw no push on offense and no pressure on defense in that first half.

This is going to be another [BLEEP] fest of a season and this is honestly the weakest schedule we've had in years at least on paper when you look at each team week-to-week.

All I know is that somebody's head or multiple heads need to start [BLEEP] rolling Jack. Line em' up. Chop em' down. This is unacceptable. It's pure trash out there as a product. Just embarrassing honestly.
Pages: 1 2