Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: How many wins (merged)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
After seeing the Jags in pre-season, how many wins will we have this season?
In my opinion our Floor is 0-16 and our ceiling is 4-12.
I'm wearing teal glasses and think we'll win 5. I know it's overly optimistic, but maybe we sign a QB??
With Henne at QB 0-3 wins. With Bortles as QB 2-5 wins.
3-4, like normal.
0-16, team has to resort to trick plays to get in the redzone
Wow I am the only one who picked 7-8 wins? Its preseason. Our best player on offense(projected) hasn't been touching the ball since week 1.. Half of our defense hasn't played together yet as a starting unit until tonight. I thought I was a little negative coming in this year, but holy cow, 4 wins? lol. I put almost 0 stock in preseason. Guys just don't try, and the best players are limited by coaches anyway. How many times did Gabbert look great is PS because no one gave 2 hoots on the opposing defense? Team start trying for real in week 1 of the season, I will keep my expectations until then. I think we still get to 7 wins this season, no more or less.
I'm thinking 4. 5 at best, but that's pushing it.
You'd expect at least one win against the trio of Jets, Browns, and 49ers. Then again they are all road games, and the only thing to expect with this team is failure. Jets have Leonard Williams, Browns have Garrett, and 49ers have Buckner. After seeing the first team offensive line play basically the entire game and get zero push against 4th stringers they might actually lose those three as well. Henne will be on IR by week 2. Bortles on IR by week 5, and FO eats 19 mil. RG3 is signed and is put on IR after one play. Denard Robinson is called by Caldwell to run the wildcat, but is asleep in his car somewhere. Manziel is signed then released. Coughlin retires and Kaep is brought in to finish the season.

Trying to make some light of the situation ... lol.
6 to 7 wins
(08-24-2017, 11:02 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]Wow I am the only one who picked 7-8 wins? Its preseason. Our best player on offense(projected) hasn't been touching the ball since week 1.. Half of our defense hasn't played together yet as a starting unit until tonight. I thought I was a little negative coming in this year, but holy cow, 4 wins? lol. I put almost 0 stock in preseason. Guys just don't try, and the best players are limited by coaches anyway. How many times did Gabbert look great is PS because no one gave 2 hoots on the opposing defense? Team start trying for real in week 1 of the season, I will keep my expectations until then.  I think we still get to 7 wins this season, no more or less.

Well that is what is scary. The Jags seem to be trying, rather hard. Everything yard they gain looks to be the hardest yard ever. The first unit O line played the whole game looking mediocre, and they are out there running fake punts to get big plays. The opponent isn't even trying yet as you said, what happens when they do?
Here is food for thought.. Is 7 wins a success for the way this team has performed from a W/L standpoint over the last 3-5 years? I think 7 wins is a slight success for a 1st year coach, not impressive, but it shows progress. I think 7 wins is do-able. this year.
(08-24-2017, 11:19 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2017, 11:02 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]Wow I am the only one who picked 7-8 wins? Its preseason. Our best player on offense(projected) hasn't been touching the ball since week 1.. Half of our defense hasn't played together yet as a starting unit until tonight. I thought I was a little negative coming in this year, but holy cow, 4 wins? lol. I put almost 0 stock in preseason. Guys just don't try, and the best players are limited by coaches anyway. How many times did Gabbert look great is PS because no one gave 2 hoots on the opposing defense? Team start trying for real in week 1 of the season, I will keep my expectations until then.  I think we still get to 7 wins this season, no more or less.

Well that is what is scary. The Jags seem to be trying, rather hard. Everything yard they gain looks to be the hardest yard ever. The first unit O line played the whole game looking mediocre, and they are out there running fake punts to get big plays. The opponent isn't even trying yet as you said, what happens when they do?

Hopefully we actually play better when everything counts. Thats all as fans we can hope for. Maybe we are seeing some serious camp fatigue? I hope next week most of the starters are out(they will be) and we practice light going into the regular season to freshen up. I honestly think our guys are over worked compared to how they have been treated the last few off seasons.
4-6
I still believe that their is no way a Coughlin led team goes below 6-10. But I just don't see how this team gets above 6-10 with our line, and QB issues. Blake does seem to get better with more time in the game, so maybe that will help. But non existent ability to run, and inconsistent QB play will kill us. This is feeling like a long season coming.
Vegas has the Jags winning 7 and not one fan has them winning more than 6 cannot make this [BLEEP] up.
It's true that we are missing some starters, but what is very distressing is the way our offensive and defensive fronts are getting pushed around. Those are all starters. And after all those fully-padded full contact practices, and all that talk about how we are going to be a physical team, we look so weak.

Someone forgot to tell our opponents that it's only preseason. Their players "try", their best players see limited action, their teams are "trying for real ". Why is it different for us?
Pages: 1 2 3