Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Our game location against the Texans in any danger?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
With the recent flooding in Houston, just curious based off the location. It will probably be fine because it's not until September 10 at NRG Stadium.

But I did just notice that BYU's game vs. LSU which is scheduled for this Saturday, September 2 could be moved to another location.
our game could still be moved that was in houston. it will be a matter of how much damage was done to that area/steadiam to as well.
They're expecting rains to continue until Thursday, so that's why the BYU game is being rescheduled. I wouldn't be surprised if they have to change the venue for the game on 9/10 based on the amount of cleanup that's going to be required. Not really something anyone needs to be worrying about now. Let's just hope Houston is able to recover quickly from what is an epic storm just based on the sheer amount of rain they're dealing with. I've got friends there who are safe so far, but the areas around them are under water.
We have two sons and families out there as well in north Houston.
So far so good, power is on.....staying off the roads.
Parents and kids getting "family time"
Rain,rain,rain.
Stadium itself is not really near any bayou so it won't be an issue from direct flooding, but it is right next to a highway so all the underpasses are currently flooded. Even most of the runoff should have cleared by Sept 10th. So most likely it will depend on damage to the highways and roads and if the area gets any more rain from regular systems afterwards.
It all depends on the roads, one already has a big hole in it from the flooding. Stay tuned.
Instead of battle red, it will be paddle Fred.

Seriously though, I hope everyone is safe and sound in that area affected by the storm. I wish all of you the best.

Now, had the storm hit trashville.
I purchased tickets, booked a hotel, and took the following Monday off of work for this one. Hopefully it all works out. But most importantly, I hope the people of Houston are sage and the city is able to recover.
If they are flipped we would end the year with 3 road games.
(08-28-2017, 09:51 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]If they are flipped we would end the year with 3 road games.

I can't imagine they will flip it.  I don't think that has ever been done.  They may move the home opener somewhere, but they will not take away the Jaguar home game at the end of the year.
(08-27-2017, 08:30 PM)Dakota Wrote: [ -> ]Instead of battle red, it will be paddle Fred.

Seriously though, I hope everyone is safe and sound in that area affected by the storm. I wish all of you the best.

It was on the other side of the state so Jacksonville was pretty safe.
(08-27-2017, 07:58 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: [ -> ]Parents and kids getting "family time"

As if the hurricane wasn't bad enough.
(08-28-2017, 09:51 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]If they are flipped we would end the year with 3 road games.

They wont flip the games, this isnt college football

They would just move it to somewhere else in Texas

You have to think about the city of Jacksonville isnt even prepared for a game that week, then you have to think about tickets and stuff like that
(08-28-2017, 12:56 PM)DragonFury Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-27-2017, 07:58 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: [ -> ]Parents and kids getting "family time"

As if the hurricane wasn't bad enough.

Haha ?
(08-27-2017, 09:03 PM)Jerrad Wrote: [ -> ]I purchased tickets, booked a hotel, and took the following Monday off of work for this one. Hopefully it all works out. But most importantly, I hope the people of Houston are sage and the city is able to recover.

Me too ..... JJ Watt doesn't looks so tough now, does he !!!

[Image: sage-nutrition-facts.jpg]

More rain is coming from a system moving up so rain till the first week of September.
(08-27-2017, 08:30 PM)Dakota Wrote: [ -> ]Instead of battle red, it will be paddle Fred.

he who would pun would pick a pocket
From an article in TU.

"One more thing to consider about playing the Jaguars-Texans Week 1 game at another site (not Jacksonville); The game must be played on a Sunday because Houston plays the Week 2 Thursday night game at Cincinnati. Dallas’ stadium is unavailable on Sept. 10 (Giants-Cowboys), but New Orleans’ is free (the Saints play at Minnesota on Sept. 11). "
Alamodome San Antonio
New Orleans

Allen High School Stadium in Allen, TX could accommodate the game

http://highschoolfootballamerica.com/wp-...77x437.jpg
If they move it to New Orleans, I would consider a road trip!
Pages: 1 2 3 4