Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Harvey relief
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone in the Jaguars organization considered forming a relief effort for our AFCS brethren? I think it would be a noble gesture if our team could arrive with funds a few trailers full of needed supplies for the beleaguered folks in Houston.
It would also be cool if the message board/Jaguar fans created a site for donations which could be directed to the Red Cross or something. I have no idea how to do such a thing.
Just Donate directly to The Red Cross, or any other agency involved with relief efforts
(08-28-2017, 06:33 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]Just Donate directly to The Red Cross, or any other agency involved with relief efforts

I think the point was to show solidarity with our AFCS brothers as a team or maybe as fans. But I get what you're saying.
NFL Foundation Matches Mr. McNair and Houston Texans' $1 Million Contribution to Hurricane Harvey Disaster Relief Efforts
The NFL Foundation will match Mr. McNair and the Houston Texans' $1 million contribution to the United Way Relief Fund to address the immediate needs of those impacted by Hurricane Harvey. The total $2 million contribution will support first response efforts by the American Red Cross, Salvation Army and the United Way of Greater Houston. Our thoughts are with the impacted communities during this difficult time and we encourage fans to donate $10 to American Red Cross Hurricane Harvey relief here or by texting to HARVEY to 90999.

National Football League
A friend of mine posted this guy's info from his Facebook page. He and some friends went to Houston with a boat to help. They coordinated with the Coast Guard before they left and have been helping folks. Check out his page. They're doing all of this out of pocket but are accepting donations to help cover food and gas expenses. I wish I could go and help but I am not in a position to do so. I am thankful for those who can!
(08-28-2017, 08:42 PM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]NFL Foundation Matches Mr. McNair and Houston Texans' $1 Million Contribution to Hurricane Harvey Disaster Relief Efforts
The NFL Foundation will match Mr. McNair and the Houston Texans' $1 million contribution to the United Way Relief Fund to address the immediate needs of those impacted by Hurricane Harvey. The total $2 million contribution will support first response efforts by the American Red Cross, Salvation Army and the United Way of Greater Houston. Our thoughts are with the impacted communities during this difficult time and we encourage fans to donate $10 to American Red Cross Hurricane Harvey relief here or by texting to HARVEY to 90999.

National Football League

Mr. Kraft and the Patriots immediately sent $1 million to the relief effort.
If you want, I can set up a GoFundMe Page for the Jags Fans to donate. I can forward the money to The Red Cross. My EX wife is with them and she can make sure I put it the right direction.
I have posted a "sticky thread" in The Division sub-forum with information regarding donation efforts by Houston Texans player JJ Watt.  If anyone can help with even $5 it's money well spent.  Something like this goes beyond football.