Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - J.J. Watt's new Hurricane Harvey relief goal: $10 million

J.J. Watt's new Hurricane Harvey relief goal: $10 million

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...10-million

J.J. Watt isn't slowing down in his determination to help people affected by Hurricane Harvey. The Houston Texans linebacker is now aiming to raise $10 million in flooding relief donations.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I have a lot of respect for the guy.  He seems pretty sincere in his effort to help out the people of Houston.  I personally donated to his fundraiser, and I encourage others to do so as well.  Donation information is linked at the bottom of the article.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

It is unbelievable how quickly money is pouring in to his fundraising campaign. Seven million dollars in what, three days?

It was nice to see a division rival's controlling owner (Tennessee's Amy Adams Strunk) was one of the big donors. That is one reminder life is bigger than football.

He's over 8.5 now.. He'll be raising that goal again tomorrow Smile

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2017, 12:54 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

Well now He's gone over 10 million in just 4 days!  Big Grin Houston has 99 problems, but Watt ain't one.

If Les Alexander didn't bump his donation up from 4 to 10 million..J.J. would've raised more cash for Harvey relief than all our 3 major sports owners combined. Nobody thought it would get this high, especially this fast, (Ellen Degeneres and Walmart donated another 1 million dollars)..and it all started with just a 100k donation from Watt. Damn this guy knows how to raise money, he should work for the Federal Reserve lol

Now that .J.J. Watt is over $10 million, he stopped setting goals and just tells people to keep donating and posting comments on the website.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...vey-relief

Another big donor to Watt's fund is the Packers with $100,000.

(08-30-2017, 02:20 PM)Tinhorn Wrote: J.J. Watt's new Hurricane Harvey relief goal: $10 million

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...10-million

J.J. Watt isn't slowing down in his determination to help people affected by Hurricane Harvey. The Houston Texans linebacker is now aiming to raise $10 million in flooding relief donations.

That is an awesome clip. I hadn't seen an update since his initial announcement to raise money so this is wonderful. I'm glad he's using his platform, as he called it, to help the folks in the Houston area. I donated some today myself. None of us know when disaster is going to strike our communities and I know we would appreciate the help we offer others if/when disaster hits our areas.

Thanks Leonard Fournette..he donated 50,000 this morning, we appreciate it.

(08-31-2017, 04:48 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Thanks Leonard Fournette..he donated 50,000 this morning, we appreciate it.

That is an impressive amount no matter how you look at it, but even more so for a rookie just beginning to receive relatively small paychecks (by NFL standards).

(08-31-2017, 05:49 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(08-31-2017, 04:48 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Thanks Leonard Fournette..he donated 50,000 this morning, we appreciate it.

That is an impressive amount no matter how you look at it, but even more so for a rookie just beginning to receive relatively small paychecks (by NFL standards).

I don't care if he just donated $1 every bit helps and $50,000 large will support a LOT of people and make a big ddifference.

(08-31-2017, 05:53 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(08-31-2017, 05:49 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: That is an impressive amount no matter how you look at it, but even more so for a rookie just beginning to receive relatively small paychecks (by NFL standards).

I don't care if he just donated $1 every bit helps and $50,000 large will support a LOT of people and make a big difference.

Yes it will. It is obvious why J.J. Watt kept raising his fundraising goal as money kept pouring in. My point was for Leonard Fournette, it was a larger percentage of his bank accounts.

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2017, 06:14 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

Lol, the Packers donated $100,000 dollars to Watt's fund (Watt is from Wisconsin)..then the Lions came in behind them and donated 1 million.. well the Packers didn't want to be out done by a divisional rival so they came back and upped their original donation to 1 million.. after clicking send on that donation I bet the Packers were thinking about the Lions and saying to themselves.."Aholes".  Laughing

Watt is closing in on 12 million now. Crazy. He's raising money like the freaking Red Cross and he's not even running commercials or having telethons  Smile

I'm not going to disclose the amount that I donated to the fund, but I will say that it's nowhere near as much as what Leonard Fournett donated.  It's good to see people being generous and caring.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-31-2017, 06:00 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(08-31-2017, 05:53 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: I don't care if he just donated $1 every bit helps and $50,000 large will support a LOT of people and make a big difference.

Yes it will. It is obvious why J.J. Watt kept raising his fundraising goal as money kept pouring in. My point was for Leonard Fournette, it was a larger percentage of his bank accounts.

It is a big percentage of his salary...Watt started this whole thing off with just 100k

(08-31-2017, 06:05 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: LOL, the Packers donated $100,000 dollars to Watt's fund (Watt is from Wisconsin).. Then the Lions came in behind them and donated 1 million.. Well the Packers didn't want to be outdone by a divisional rival so they came back and upped their original donation to 1 million.. After clicking send on that donation I bet the Packers were thinking about the Lions and saying to themselves, "Aholes."

Watt is closing in on 12 million now. Crazy. He's raising money like the freaking Red Cross and he's not even running commercials or having telethons  Smile

LOL at the didn't want to be outdone part. I assume that has nothing to do with it though. The Titans matched the Texans with $1 million.

Keep in mind the Packers are not doing it for J.J. Watt. He just happens to be the player raising funds for southeast Texas. I doubt they care about the Wisconsin connection.

It just keeps getting better. Here is a full list of NFL donations and pledges to date:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...vey-relief

(08-31-2017, 06:54 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(08-31-2017, 06:05 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: LOL, the Packers donated $100,000 dollars to Watt's fund (Watt is from Wisconsin).. Then the Lions came in behind them and donated 1 million.. Well the Packers didn't want to be outdone by a divisional rival so they came back and upped their original donation to 1 million.. After clicking send on that donation I bet the Packers were thinking about the Lions and saying to themselves, "Aholes."

LOL at the didn't want to be outdone part. I assume that has nothing to do with it though. The Titans matched the Texans with $1 million.

Keep in mind the Packers are not doing it for J.J. Watt. He just happens to be the player raising funds for southeast Texas. I doubt they care about the Wisconsin connection.

This has nothing to do with "being out done" or some kind of competition.  It's all about people helping other people out who are in need right now.

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2017, 05:06 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

And he's over 15 million now!!! Raising money like a Boss.

[Image: 986xv0pm3siz.jpg]

(08-31-2017, 06:05 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Lol, the Packers donated $100,000 dollars to Watt's fund (Watt is from Wisconsin)..then the Lions came in behind them and donated 1 million.. well the Packers didn't want to be out done by a divisional rival so they came back and upped their original donation to 1 million.. after clicking send on that donation I bet the Packers were thinking about the Lions and saying to themselves.."Aholes".  Laughing

lol

(09-01-2017, 01:56 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(08-31-2017, 06:54 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: LOL at the didn't want to be outdone part. I assume that has nothing to do with it though. The Titans matched the Texans with $1 million.

This has nothing to do with "being out done" or some kind of competition.  It's all about people helping other people out who are in need right now.

That was my point. Also, NFL.com has no reports about the Packers upping their donation amount since the Lions gave Watt's fund $1 million, so I don't believe they did it.