Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: DeDe the great
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Remember all those people grumbling when we took Westbrook over the best available offensive lineman?

He good.
Tyreek Hill/DJax
Westbrook has some OBJ in him.
Um, we picked an OL one selection earlier, so there's that. And the best OL went to Denver or New Orleans in Round 1.

I hated the pick because I read Dede Westbrook (lowercase d FYI) has character issues - as in legal trouble.
(08-31-2017, 10:34 PM)I\m JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]Um, we picked an OL one selection earlier, so there's that. And the best OL went to Denver or New Orleans in Round 1.

I hated the pick because I read Dede Westbrook (lowercase d FYI) has character issues - as in legal trouble.

No we didn't. 

(Since you like to correct people FYI)
(08-31-2017, 10:34 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]Um, we picked an OL one selection earlier, so there's that. And the best OL went to Denver or New Orleans in Round 1.

Two selections earlier. 

The Westbrook pick was a head scratcher for me -- but I hoped his upside would make me forget my concerns.  It has. 
He's the real deal.  Dynamic play maker with return ability.  I can't wait to see he and Lee on the field together.  Many opponents won't be able to cover them both. 

The best OL available should have been selected in the third instead of Smoot.  Not in the fourth.  That was too late.
my stream of the game was iffy tonight, does anyone have highlights for him?

nvm nfl networks on it lol

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2017083152...tab=videos
De De got a job.
(08-31-2017, 10:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2017, 10:34 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]Um, we picked an OL one selection earlier, so there's that. And the best OL went to Denver or New Orleans in Round 1.

Two selections earlier. 

The Westbrook pick was a head scratcher for me -- but I hoped his upside would make me forget my concerns.  It has. 
He's the real deal.  Dynamic play maker with return ability.  I can't wait to see he and Lee on the field together.  Many opponents won't be able to cover them both. 

The best OL available should have been selected in the third instead of Smoot.  Not in the fourth.  That was too late.

You won't see he and Lee on the field together.   You might see him and Lee on the field together, though.
I had mixed emotions on the selection. He was my favorite receiver in the draft, but I hated the off the field issues. I knew if he could stay out of trouble he was gonna be a dynamic player. To me, he is perfect as a big play, slot receiver. Having him, ARob and Hurns on the field at the same time gives us the best possible lineup. I just wish we had a reliable QB to take advantage of the talent.
(09-01-2017, 05:58 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]I had mixed emotions on the selection. He was my favorite receiver in the draft, but I hated the off the field issues. I knew if he could stay out of trouble he was gonna be a dynamic player. To me, he is perfect as a big play, slot receiver. Having him, ARob and Hurns on the field at the same time gives us the best possible lineup. I just wish we had a reliable QB to take advantage of the talent.

Like the one that threw for 4428 yards and 35 TD 2 years ago. I get the hate for Blake but let's not act like he don't have any Talent at all.
I don't mind the Westbrook selection. It was the Smoot selection in RD3 that really left most of us scratching our heads. After seeing the overall lack of push up front in the running game I am sure most of us probably have a bald spot by now from still scratching our heads as to why they didn't take another lineman that round.
(09-01-2017, 06:23 AM)leopold332002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2017, 05:58 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]I had mixed emotions on the selection. He was my favorite receiver in the draft, but I hated the off the field issues. I knew if he could stay out of trouble he was gonna be a dynamic player. To me, he is perfect as a big play, slot receiver. Having him, ARob and Hurns on the field at the same time gives us the best possible lineup. I just wish we had a reliable QB to take advantage of the talent.

Like the one that threw for 4428 yards and 35 TD 2 years ago. I get the hate for Blake but let's not act like he don't have any Talent at all.

I never said Blake didn't have talent. I believe his problems are mental and when your QB is dealing with these types of issues, that's something only he can fix. As a team you either wait it out and hope he gets his confidence back or you move on. Unfortunately, we don't have the luxury of being able to wait it out. We need a QB we can count on right now.

(09-01-2017, 06:43 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]I don't mind the Westbrook selection. It was the Smoot selection in RD3 that really left most of us scratching our heads. After seeing the overall lack of push up front in the running game I am sure most of us probably have a bald spot by now from still scratching our heads as to why they didn't take another lineman that round.

Exactly. The Smoot pick left me irate.
(09-01-2017, 07:26 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2017, 06:23 AM)leopold332002 Wrote: [ -> ]Like the one that threw for 4428 yards and 35 TD 2 years ago. I get the hate for Blake but let's not act like he don't have any Talent at all.

I never said Blake didn't have talent. I believe his problems are mental and when your QB is dealing with these types of issues, that's something only he can fix. As a team you either wait it out and hope he gets his confidence back or you move on. Unfortunately, we don't have the luxury of being able to wait it out. We need a QB we can count on right now.
Sounds like Blake has been feeling more confident in practice at least. If Marrone's comments are to be taken as truth. Perhaps the "benching" really did light a fire. We'll see. A 2015 confidence Blake will win us games.

Cam Robinson was drafted two rounds ahead of Westbrook.

True fans would know that.
(08-31-2017, 10:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]

Two selections earlier. 

Unfortunately, we don't have anyone to throw it to them. .

He said "BEST AVAILABLE", you should digest what you're reading before you rush in to correct everyone.
(09-01-2017, 07:45 AM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2017, 10:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Two selections earlier. 

Unfortunately, we don't have anyone to throw it to them. .

Is it cold in that cave you live in? Come on man. I understand pessimism, but what good does that do? It brings down the whole board when that's your only schtick. 

Why not comment about Dede's talent?
(09-01-2017, 07:47 AM)mvannostran Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2017, 07:45 AM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately, we don't have anyone to throw it to them. .

Is it cold in that cave you live in? Come on man. I understand pessimism, but what good does that do? It brings down the whole board when that's your only schtick. 

Cause I'm not ready to claim that a rookie WR going against 3rd stringers is the next coming of Jerry Rice.
(09-01-2017, 07:54 AM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2017, 07:47 AM)mvannostran Wrote: [ -> ]Is it cold in that cave you live in? Come on man. I understand pessimism, but what good does that do? It brings down the whole board when that's your only schtick. 

Cause I'm not ready to claim that a rookie WR going against 3rd stringers is the next coming of Jerry Rice.

No one said that. We've said that he has a lot of talent and has shown that during his time on the field. 

Saying a player is talented doesn't mean we're comparing him to the GOAT.
Pages: 1 2