Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags sign WR Max McCaffrey to active roster (merged)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Jaguars sign wide receiver Max McCaffery to active roster

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...974ea0a8bc

The Jacksonville Jaguars have signed first-year WR Max McCaffery to the active roster from the New Orleans Saints’ practice squad
He was a player at Duke. Good pickup, I think he gets involved right away. Obviously a great football pedigree with his father and two brothers.
I would have liked to have seen Bryan Walters.
meh.
(09-12-2017, 02:15 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]I would have liked to have seen Bryan Walters.

Think of him as a younger, taller version

(09-12-2017, 02:17 PM)Browntrouser Wrote: [ -> ]meh.

With what is available who would you have liked to see instead?
(09-12-2017, 02:17 PM)jagsfreak27 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-12-2017, 02:15 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]I would have liked to have seen Bryan Walters.

Think of him as a younger, taller version

(09-12-2017, 02:17 PM)Browntrouser Wrote: [ -> ]meh.

Well we are looking for a one year guy here so you could have gone for Victor Cruz, Eddie Royal, Stevie Johnson, Cecil Shorts, Percy Harvin, Convince Jordon Norwood to un-retire. Even look at Bryan Walters like others have said. Of course I don't know the health of these guys but they would be better IMO than a guy who cant even make a team in the past 4 years.
Safe Hands Walters would have been my pick.
(09-12-2017, 02:25 PM)Browntrouser Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-12-2017, 02:17 PM)jagsfreak27 Wrote: [ -> ]Think of him as a younger, taller version

Well we are looking for a one year guy here so you could have gone for Victor Cruz, Eddie Royal, Stevie Johnson, Cecil Shorts, Percy Harvin, Convince Jordon Norwood to un-retire. Even look at Bryan Walters like others have said. Of course I don't know the health of these guys but they would be better IMO than a guy who cant even make a team in the past 4 years.

Literally every one of the guys you mentioned are either injured, washed or retired. And this is Max's 2nd year in the NFL? What are you even talking about four years? He tore up Packers training camp this year and was cut due to numbers. 

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/...572912001/
Well we will just have to do the lets wait and see what happens. Hey I am down for eating crow if this guy pans out to be productive.
(09-12-2017, 02:12 PM)jagsfreak27 Wrote: [ -> ]He was a player at Duke. Good pickup, I think he gets involved right away. Obviously a great football pedigree with his father and two brothers.

Family history is overrated. Over and over again I see sons who are not nearly as good as their dads and brothers who have totally different careers. Christian will be very good, but I can't make a similar prediction for everyone with the last name McCaffrey. It happened in the Matthews family, with Casey being nowhere near as good as anyone named Clay.

Also, does it really matter that he went to Duke or are you just stating a fact?
Justin Blackmon is available...
I have never seen this guy play so I can't comment on him.

I'm one of those who'd have welcome Bryan Walters back: reliable, gets open, safe hands. Curious to see this new guy now.
4.4 speed take the top off the D
at least hes tall
(09-12-2017, 02:33 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-12-2017, 02:12 PM)jagsfreak27 Wrote: [ -> ]He was a player at Duke. Good pickup, I think he gets involved right away. Obviously a great football pedigree with his father and two brothers.

Family history is overrated. Over and over again I see sons who are not nearly as good as their dads and brothers who have totally different careers. Christian will be very good, but I can't make a similar prediction for everyone with the last name McCaffrey. It happened in the Matthews family, with Casey being nowhere near as good as anyone named Clay.

Also, does it really matter that he went to Duke or are you just stating a fact?
Just stating fact and I'm the rare Duke football fan, so I witnessed much of it. He's always open and always makes the catch and not just in the typical white boy kind of way. He has legit 4.3 speed. Our WRs dropped a few catchable balls to be sure on Sunday. For all you that said Walters, think of his hands but in a bigger and more mobile frame, that's mccaffrey.
I like the signing he's not a rookie and he can return punts and play ST, plus have good bloodlines
(09-12-2017, 02:40 PM)jagsfreak27 Wrote: [ -> ]Just stating fact and I'm the rare Duke football fan, so I witnessed much of it. He's always open and always makes the catch and not just in the typical white boy kindve way. He has legit 4.3 speed. Our WRs dropped a few catchable balls to be sure on Sunday. For all you that said Walters, think of his hands but in a bigger and more mobile frame, that's mccaffrey.

Thanks a lot for telling us more about this guy! Smile
This is one of several articles talking about Max nearly earning a roster spot with the Packers this year...

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/...572912001/

He may very well turn into a fanstastic find... diamond in the rough if you will. 

I dont think  Walters was eligible to come back to the Jaguars since we waived injured him back when he was cut
Well, the Jags do have a knack for finding jewels at WR.
Pages: 1 2 3