Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Tight Ends
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What does it take for our defense to stop Tight Ends?  We have had TEs putting up big numbers on us for what, at least a decade now?
The good thing is that our TE's don't catch anything - and neither do our WR's until the 4th QB. So basically we're screwed every which way...
(09-17-2017, 05:38 PM)Jest101 Wrote: [ -> ]What does it take for our defense to stop Tight Ends?  We have had TEs putting up big numbers on us for what, at least a decade now?

I can still hear the echoes of, "McNair to Wychek, TD!" He was wide open for years.

JAX hasn't covered a TE in, well; EVER!
Why doesn't this team have a TE that can catch the ball? FAIL
(09-17-2017, 06:29 PM)uthill Wrote: [ -> ]Why doesn't this team have a TE that can catch the ball? FAIL

They have one.  He's on IR though:/
(09-17-2017, 07:02 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-17-2017, 06:29 PM)uthill Wrote: [ -> ]Why doesn't this team have a TE that can catch the ball? FAIL

One lol ok

Gotta have a QB that can find them open and put it in their hands.
#becauseBortles
(09-17-2017, 08:05 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: [ -> ]

Gotta have a QB that can find them open and put it in their hands.
#becauseBortles

Watch the games. 

Lewis lets us down over and over and over.

Today one was placed perfectly in a key situation.  Clank.
Come on, Mercedes Lewis should have been cut 3 years ago. This is on Dave.
I'm not saying we have great tight ends. What I'm saying is that Blake won't be able to find them open or get it to them accurately, no matter how good they are. We haven't had a good TE in years.
If only this draft had one of the best TE classes in memory, with all kinds of freak athletes that went as late as the 5th round.

Hell, this was one of the best, deepest, and most versatile RB classes too.

We wound up with the most expensive RB and zero TEs...what an utter traveshamockery of getting value from the draft.
(09-17-2017, 08:38 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]If only this draft had one of the best TE classes in memory, with all kinds of freak athletes that went as late as the 5th round.

We wound up with the most expensive RB and zero TEs...what an utter traveshamockery of getting value from the draft.
It falls on Dave. His time is up.
I never thought I'd say it, but we're missing Julius Thomas right now.
(09-17-2017, 09:22 PM)jagsfreak27 Wrote: [ -> ]I never thought I'd say it, but we're missing Julius Thomas right now.

I'm not, that guy is no good in the run game, and loafed way to much in the pass game. At least Marcedes is good at what we really want to do (run block).
What a TE? Jacksonville hasn't had any for so many years I forgot what they look like.
(09-17-2017, 08:08 PM)nate Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-17-2017, 08:05 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: [ -> ]Gotta have a QB that can find them open and put it in their hands.
#becauseBortles

Watch the games. 

Lewis lets us down over and over and over.

Today one was placed perfectly in a key situation.  Clank.

Not to mention Lewis' untimely blocking penalties .... #89 illegal hands to the face
(09-17-2017, 08:38 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]If only this draft had one of the best TE classes in memory, with all kinds of freak athletes that went as late as the 5th round.

I absolutely agree. Kamara looks good in NO, the kid from Texas (D'onta Freeman?, I can't think of his name) looks good, also Hunt from KC; I haven't followed the TE's From the draft but you're right, there were several attractive options there.

OTOH, I know nothing so maybe the Fournette-Robinson-Smoot-Westbrook-Brown group will bring a better value than what I could come up with. Of course, I have the power of hindsight which makes me look much smarter than I really am.
(09-17-2017, 06:22 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: [ -> ]The good thing is that our TE's don't catch anything - and neither do our WR's until the 4th QB.   So basically we're screwed every which way...

I lol'd immediately. 

(09-17-2017, 07:02 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]

Another funny. This is a funny thread.