Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tight Ends

What does it take for our defense to stop Tight Ends?  We have had TEs putting up big numbers on us for what, at least a decade now?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The good thing is that our TE's don't catch anything - and neither do our WR's until the 4th QB. So basically we're screwed every which way...

(09-17-2017, 05:38 PM)Jest101 Wrote: What does it take for our defense to stop Tight Ends?  We have had TEs putting up big numbers on us for what, at least a decade now?

I can still hear the echoes of, "McNair to Wychek, TD!" He was wide open for years.

JAX hasn't covered a TE in, well; EVER!

Why doesn't this team have a TE that can catch the ball? FAIL

(09-17-2017, 06:29 PM)uthill Wrote: Why doesn't this team have a TE that can catch the ball? FAIL

They have one.  He's on IR though:/

(09-17-2017, 07:02 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-17-2017, 06:29 PM)uthill Wrote: Why doesn't this team have a TE that can catch the ball? FAIL

One lol ok

Gotta have a QB that can find them open and put it in their hands.
#becauseBortles

(09-17-2017, 08:05 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote:

Gotta have a QB that can find them open and put it in their hands.
#becauseBortles

Watch the games. 

Lewis lets us down over and over and over.

Today one was placed perfectly in a key situation.  Clank.

Come on, Mercedes Lewis should have been cut 3 years ago. This is on Dave.

I'm not saying we have great tight ends. What I'm saying is that Blake won't be able to find them open or get it to them accurately, no matter how good they are. We haven't had a good TE in years.

If only this draft had one of the best TE classes in memory, with all kinds of freak athletes that went as late as the 5th round.

Hell, this was one of the best, deepest, and most versatile RB classes too.

We wound up with the most expensive RB and zero TEs...what an utter traveshamockery of getting value from the draft.

(09-17-2017, 08:38 PM)Upper Wrote: If only this draft had one of the best TE classes in memory, with all kinds of freak athletes that went as late as the 5th round.

We wound up with the most expensive RB and zero TEs...what an utter traveshamockery of getting value from the draft.
It falls on Dave. His time is up.

I never thought I'd say it, but we're missing Julius Thomas right now.
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

(09-17-2017, 09:22 PM)jagsfreak27 Wrote: I never thought I'd say it, but we're missing Julius Thomas right now.

I'm not, that guy is no good in the run game, and loafed way to much in the pass game. At least Marcedes is good at what we really want to do (run block).

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

What a TE? Jacksonville hasn't had any for so many years I forgot what they look like.
Here we go again

(09-17-2017, 08:08 PM)nate Wrote:
(09-17-2017, 08:05 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Gotta have a QB that can find them open and put it in their hands.
#becauseBortles

Watch the games. 

Lewis lets us down over and over and over.

Today one was placed perfectly in a key situation.  Clank.

Not to mention Lewis' untimely blocking penalties .... #89 illegal hands to the face

(09-17-2017, 08:38 PM)Upper Wrote: If only this draft had one of the best TE classes in memory, with all kinds of freak athletes that went as late as the 5th round.

I absolutely agree. Kamara looks good in NO, the kid from Texas (D'onta Freeman?, I can't think of his name) looks good, also Hunt from KC; I haven't followed the TE's From the draft but you're right, there were several attractive options there.

OTOH, I know nothing so maybe the Fournette-Robinson-Smoot-Westbrook-Brown group will bring a better value than what I could come up with. Of course, I have the power of hindsight which makes me look much smarter than I really am.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(09-17-2017, 06:22 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: The good thing is that our TE's don't catch anything - and neither do our WR's until the 4th QB.   So basically we're screwed every which way...

I lol'd immediately. 

(09-17-2017, 07:02 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Another funny. This is a funny thread.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend