Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What's the Deal? (QB complaints)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Why is this team so reluctant to bring in another QB? I mean, it really is pathetic that they feel they have to stay with Blake. Do something, make a trade, sign Kaep whatever. This team is an AVERAGE QB away from winning this division. 

I don't wanna hear, ohhh who can they bring in.......there are options out there that are better than Blake. 

So why is this organization set on our QB situation?
You still haven't named any options.....
Kap is better. I'd see what Cleveland wanted for Kessler. Should've kept Allen.
I'd take RG3 at this point over Blake. It's that bad in Duval.

Heck, call up Johnny Jacksonville. He can't be any worse.
Ok, so I really despise Kaepernick personally. But I think at this point I really despise more the pathetic state of perpetual losing by this football team. I am "almost" to a point of being ok with Kaepernick coming here to JAX. This team is going nowhere with either QB on its roster. Maybe Kaepernick provides an alternative until we draft/sign someone else next year.

#becauseBortles
(09-17-2017, 08:08 PM)Frailbones Wrote: [ -> ]You still haven't named any options.....

Kaep is upgrade. 

What would it cost to get Kessler, Hundley,?

Jimmy G would take This team to playoffs. Offer first rounder, 3rd rounder and 2nd next year. I would gladly trade those picks for a division win this season and so would many of you.
Best to wait until next year and get a real upgrade to a QB. Keeping Bortles will assure a high pick.
(09-17-2017, 08:21 PM)jseymour Wrote: [ -> ]Best to wait until next year and get a real upgrade to a QB. Keeping Bortles will assure a high pick.

So let's suffer through another terrible season?

I dont think I can watch another 14 games of Bortles/Henne
Anyone name an actual upgrade! Kap is not an upgrade. If he were one of the best 64 QBs in the word then he would be on someone's roster, not just the Jags.

I agree with the sentiment that Bortles sucks, which he does. But Henne is no better and unless we could trade for the likes of Garappolo (which isn't going to happen) then we are just stuck where we are. Headed to another top 5 draft pick.
You want to trade away half of a draft for guys that have barely even taken a snap, and definitely never proven their even competent quarterbacks. You'd be a GM for about 2 minutes lol. Blake wasn't great today, but the team as a whole played poorly. Nobody was complaining about Blake last week, but the first time the team struggles, it's all his fault. Personally I think this loss will add fuel to the fire, and we will come out and beat Baltimore in London, starting the year 2-1. Now tell me 1 fan that wouldn't take a 2-1 start to the year, and heading to the Jets the next week. So let's not freak out yet, we're 2 games into the season and we're 1-1, and let's give this team and staff a chance to answer to some adversity before completely writing them off. They at least deserve that.
(09-17-2017, 08:43 PM)Jest101 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone name an actual upgrade! Kap is not an upgrade. If he were one of the best 64 QBs in the word then he would be on someone's roster, not just the Jags.

I agree with the sentiment that Bortles sucks, which he does. But Henne is no better and unless we could trade for the likes of Garappolo (which isn't going to happen) then we are just stuck where we are. Headed to another top 5 draft pick.

Allbright said it best. Kaep's talent is why he is not a starter, his politics is why he isn't a backup. He is obviously one of the best 64 QBs on the planet, but as a backup he isn't worth the distraction. For almost every team he would be the clear backup so it makes sense that they wouldn't be interested. For us however I think he, and his 2nd best all time INT%, could help a team that wants to protect the ball and win with run/defense.
Kapernick is a better QB than Bortles.
Vikings lose there QB last season, what do they do, make a huge trade for another one. This team needs to make a bold move.
To think cutler was available and kaep still is.. both are massive upgrades to bortles. I knew this result would happen deep down. Im not allowed to have fun on Sundays but a couple times per year.

If we dont upgrade at qb, we aint got a chance vs competent teams
The issue you have here, is when do you play him? We could go sign a guy tomorrow, but he won't even know half the playbook before the next game. We'd be sitting here another 4-5 weeks before they'd be ready to really do anything.

The time to bring in a QB was over the summer. We didn't.
(09-17-2017, 08:49 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-17-2017, 08:43 PM)Jest101 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone name an actual upgrade! Kap is not an upgrade. If he were one of the best 64 QBs in the word then he would be on someone's roster, not just the Jags.

Allbright said it best. Kaep's talent is why he is not a starter, his politics is why he isn't a backup. He is obviously one of the best 64 QBs on the planet, but as a backup he isn't worth the distraction. For almost every team he would be the clear backup so it makes sense that they wouldn't be interested. For us however I think he, and his 2nd best all time INT%, could help a team that wants to protect the ball and win with run/defense.

Pretty much. He's probably in the 25-40 range for QBs, but most teams have an established starter or are rolling with someone young so they aren't bringing Kaepernick to sit. We're in a unique situation where we could use his services since we have neither of those and there's too much talent here to tank like the Jets are doing. Not to mention Kaepernick's style meshes almost perfectly with what we're trying to do on offense.
Let's bring in a guy who lost their starting gig to Blaine Gabbert. At least we could move closer to the number one overall pick for the first time in franchise history. Think of all the glowing press we could get while screwing with fans who served and are tired of their past time being politicized.
(09-17-2017, 09:09 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: [ -> ]To think cutler was available and kaep still is.. both are massive upgrades to bortles. I knew this result would happen deep down. Im not allowed to have fun on Sundays but a couple times per year.

If we dont upgrade at qb, we aint got a chance vs competent teams

Cutler wasn't going to come here. Miami was a playoff team last season and the main reason he left the broadcast booth was due to his close ties to Adam Gase.
(09-17-2017, 09:10 PM)mvannostran Wrote: [ -> ]The issue you have here, is when do you play him? We could go sign a guy tomorrow, but he won't even know half the playbook before the next game. We'd be sitting here another 4-5 weeks before they'd be ready to really do anything.

The time to bring in a QB was over the summer. We didn't.u

Sam Bradford didn't know the Vikings playbook. You bring in a QB this week and let Blake play Sunday. If he craps out again start the new QB week 4.
(09-17-2017, 09:12 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]Let's bring in a guy who lost their starting gig to Blaine Gabbert. At least we could move closer to the number one overall pick for the first time in franchise history. Think of all the glowing press we could get while screwing with fans who served and are tired of their past time being politicized.

The coach who made that decision doesn't have a job in the league in any capacity. Anyways they admitted that mistake by benching Gabbert for Kaepernick a couple games into the season.
Pages: 1 2 3 4