Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Don't lose hope yet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know how to is after blowout losses. There is very little to be happy about and even then, it peeks through the clouds on a mostly overcast day. Yesterday was one of those days. It is important, however, to remember we are even now: 1 AFCS win, then 1 AFCS loss. This puts us tied with the Titans and Texans at 1-1 . . . with the Colts being 0-2 this week.  No AFCS team is 2-0, so we are not falling behind the Tacks yet. There is still a mathematical chance we will never fall behind the Tacks. You just have to think about what went right on Sunday and think about how we can apply those strength s and game plans to beating a team that nearly lost to us last year. By doing that, you give yourself higher hopes for better games, starting with the Ravens, instead of spending all week fearing we will suck and do everything wrong, etc. just because our game yesterday was terrible. then there is the fact three other teams can lose in the U.S. while we are in the U.K.

If you don't believe me, read the schedules for each AFCS team. We get the Lambs, Cardinals, 49ers, Bungles, Brownies, Jets, Tinhorns, and Tacks once and Colts twice after London against the Ravens (not in that order). We can win the division without beating the Seahawks, 49ers, Cardinals, or Lambs, but there is no reason to want the Jaguars to lose a game.

Your choices are be miserable the rest of your life because nothing we do is good enough to make you happy (which only causes consequences, not benefits, to you and other forum members) or you can have fun talking about the good things that happen and remind yourself a blowout loss in Week 2 did not cause our playoff dreams to go down the toilet.
I will lose hope and u can't stop me. I will lose all ur hope 4 you. Idc.
The crazy thing is we have already played 2 of the 4 toughest games on our schedule. Lots of cake walk games left.
Season isn't over but this was one of those games I hoped not to see this season. If this team really was worth a lick this kind of crud wouldn't happen.
(09-18-2017, 01:27 AM)myrick31 Wrote: [ -> ]The crazy thing is we have already played 2 of the 4 toughest games on our schedule.  Lots of cake walk games left.

When I read our schedule I knew it was going to be a cakewalk if our position upgrades are real. This is how I saw it:

The Browns, 49ers, Jets, Cardinals, Chargers, and Bungles had top 10 picks. The Rams would have had one too if it was not traded to the Tacks.
We almost beat the Ravens last year, losing that game by less than three points. For all we know the story can be reversed in Nashville as well.
I'm sure every one of those teams are looking at their schedule and calling this team a cake walk too.
I think we had some bad calls go our way, not in they weren't justified, but the fact we seem to hardly ever "get away with one". Yet, you see other teams slap our WR in the face mask before a ball arrives, no call. The Late hit on Bortles, no call.. We have been "pick played" a ton uncalled in the Manning days, we get called whenever we try it once in a game.

If we can just limit the penalties the best we can, this team can be competitive. The offense had 4-5 consecutive drives that really left you scratching your head in terms of penalties and QB decision making. I think we rebound this week and will our way to 2-1. The Ravens defense is really good though.
Usually we go three games before the season is over. Since we won the first we may go four this season.
(09-18-2017, 01:27 AM)myrick31 Wrote: [ -> ]The crazy thing is we have already played 2 of the 4 toughest games on our schedule. Lots of cake walk games left.

We have one of the worst offenses in the NFL and Marrone as head coach. How can you call any game a cake walk? O_o
10-6, 9-7 is possible, then get destroyed in the wild card round
(09-18-2017, 07:48 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]10-6, 9-7 is possible, then get destroyed in the wild card  round

i'll take that with a smile ear to ear
I said before the season started this is a 5 win team. I stand by that. they will win 5 games no more then that. 5-11 is gurateed for this season.
(09-18-2017, 07:48 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]10-6, 9-7 is possible, then get destroyed in the wild card  round

Jesus, that teal juice must be really good. This team is not going 10-6, wake up already.
I'm laughing inside at Jaguar fans describing anybody in our schedule as a cakewalk. Did anyone not watch the game?
I REALLY HATE WHEN PEOPLE THAT DON'T GO TO THE GAMES COME ON HERE TO LET ME KNOW THAT EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE OK.

JW -- PAY $$ AND SIT IN 95 DEGREE WEATHER AND WATCH THAT [BLEEP] FOR 3 HOURS AND THEN LET ME KNOW HOW YOU FEEL

[BLEEP] OFF - GO BACK TO YOU CAVE
(09-18-2017, 09:06 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm laughing inside at Jaguar fans describing anybody in our schedule as a cakewalk. Did anyone not watch the game?

I know it's crazy. We will be lucky to win 4 games this year and some on here talking about cakewalk. 

By the way, Week 4 is not going to be an easy game against the Jets.
(09-18-2017, 09:20 AM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-18-2017, 09:06 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm laughing inside at Jaguar fans describing anybody in our schedule as a cakewalk. Did anyone not watch the game?

I know it's crazy. We will be lucky to win 4 games this year and some on here talking about cakewalk. 

By the way, Week 4 is not going to be an easy game against the Jets.
I already told you that I'll take that bet of 4 wins.

Jets are absolutely atrocious.
(09-18-2017, 09:09 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]I REALLY HATE WHEN PEOPLE THAT DON'T GO TO THE GAMES COME ON HERE TO LET ME KNOW THAT EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE OK.

JW -- PAY $$ AND SIT IN 95 DEGREE WEATHER AND WATCH THAT [BLEEP] FOR 3 HOURS AND THEN LET ME KNOW HOW YOU FEEL

[BLEEP] OFF - GO BACK TO YOU CAVE

Lol!!! Why don't you just tell us what you really think 'Cane? No need to hold anything back. 

Lol
I figured the fan support would be somewhat diminished in the aftermath of Irma, but I never expected to see as many empty seats as I did yesterday for a division rival game with a team that just had a road win against the defending division champs. With an opportunity to go 2-0 in the division with a 1 1/2 game lead in week 2 should have motivated fans to show up. There weren't even 60k in the stadium for the game yesterday, and the fans that toughed out the heat to watch that gridiron abortion were taken out of the game early on when it was clear the offense simply wasn't up to the task. People started leaving the game with 10 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. By the start of the 4th quarter, it looked like an Irma evacuation in there, and by the time the game ended, there were only a few thousand fans sitting there. I was one of the few people there at the end of the game in my section.

There is certainly still hope that we'll see better play from this team, but I can assure you that every opponent we face the rest of the way this season is penciling that game in as a win for them. Nobody respects the offense, and this is a team that isn't even capable of coming back from a 3 point deficit, so if they get behind, game over.

The sad thing here is that they're starting to lose the fans, and this bunch has been pretty darn loyal through a decade of losing. They're savvy enough to recognize almost instantly after the first series or two which Jaguars team they're going to see that particular day. When Tennessee went up 6-3, there were people in my section saying the game was over, and I couldn't actually disagree with them based on what I was seeing on the field.

2017 is nothing more than a series of moral victories at this point. I don't care how easy the schedule looks, this team will find predictable ways to fall on their face at every turn, and there's really nothing to do about fixing that until the NEXT off season. Then we can be filled with hope for 2018, probably to be disappointed once again.

It's all fine and good to talk about the good things when you're not in the stadium week in and week out supporting the team with your money and your time. Don't lecture those of us who have been living and dying by the week in the stadium, doing this for 20+ years even when we recognize the trends based on the history of this team. I'll still go and suffer through the pains of having to watch that offense sputter and the defense wear out. We'll get our token meaningless 2 or by some miracle 3 home wins at the end of the season when teams are shutting down. We're 1-1, and I have little doubt our focus will shift to the 2018 draft by the time we get to mid October.
I couldn't agree more with fans not losing hope after only two games.
Although yesterdays game was indeed a thrashing, there's still a lot of football left to be played.

That being said, 9-7, 10-6? Wildcard?

More like 6-10 and start watching college games to scout for draft picks...
Pages: 1 2