Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Can we take a moment to appreciate AR-15?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have to go to work in like 20 minutes so I'm not going to be able to put as much here as I want so here's a quick rundown of how AR-15 made Bortles look half competent. 

2014 - Blake flashes early in his first few starts, only to fall off toward the end of the year, why? AR=15 goes down at the end of the year with a season ending injury.
2015 - Blake looks like a future star at QB, why? Allen Robinson makes circus catch after circus catch.
2016 - AR-15 gets the treatment from opposing defenses and lets be honest horrible PI calls which leads to a down year for blake because he didn't get that same elite player.
2017 - AR-15 is out after first play of the season and Blake looks more lost than he ever has before.

Short and sweet, AR-15 is by far the best player on our offense and without him to cover up some of Blakes flaws he's now completely incompetent.
Meh. They are one and one without him.
(09-19-2017, 07:24 PM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]Meh. They are one and one without him.

That 1 win took 10 sacks and like 3 turnovers to accomplish blake had 125 passing yards and 1 TD lol he's important to our offense for us to have any sort of viable passing attack.
AR15 is a good possession receiver, but unfortunately not a #1.
(09-19-2017, 07:39 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]AR15 is a good possession receiver, but unfortunately not a #1.
Pretty much how I feel. One might say, Why do we know Arob is such a good 50/50 guy? Because he doesn't gain enough separation on a regular enough basis to make the throws/catches 90/10's.
 I certainly wouldn't break the bank for the dude. I would pay him but not close to true #1 money. Especially after the ACL as unfortunate as that is for him.
(09-19-2017, 07:39 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]AR15 is a good possession receiver, but unfortunately not a #1.

He was a Pro Bowl snub in 2015. Remember when a lot of people - not just Jaguars fans - said he should have been selected over Calvin Johnson?

Allen Robinson has been the team's #1 WR when healthy since he was drafted. Nobody is trying to say he is a poor man's Odell Beckham, but his ability to make tricky 50-50 catches in tight coverage is unmatched on this team. Marqise Lee is terrible at it. Allen Hurns has a different skill set. It is just not the same without Robinson.
(09-19-2017, 07:44 PM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]
Pretty much how I feel. One might say, Why do we know Arob is such a good 50/50 guy? Because he doesn't gain enough separation on a regular enough basis to make the throws/catches 90/10's.
 I certainly wouldn't break the bank for the dude. I would pay him but not close to true #1 money. Especially after the ACL as unfortunate as that is for him.

I couldn't disagree more, If anything I think that he's a 50/50 guy because he HAS to be. He gets open but if its underthrown he has to work back to the ball and outmuscle the DB to sky it from him. And if its overthrown he has to full extension lay out to try and have a shot at it. If he had any kind of competency behind Center I don't think you would have this dim of a view. 

Even with the ACL tear i'd give him #1 money. the dude WANTS to be here, and has been the most productive person on the offensive side of the ball since MJD left town. Good hands, good height, great ups, good speed (no one's confusing him with Brandin Cooks dont get it twisted) and has a tendency to make a spectacular catch. If he has 1400 yards and 15 TD's with Blake... Imagine what he could do with a GOOD QB. 

"just a possession guy" that's hysterical
1400 yards and 14 tds with one of the worse QBs in the league says it all.

Arob is a WR1.
He's good. But not as good as Brown, Jones, and some others.
(09-19-2017, 07:44 PM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]
Agreed
(09-19-2017, 07:56 PM)Firesky Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-19-2017, 07:44 PM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty much how I feel. One might say, Why do we know Arob is such a good 50/50 guy? Because he doesn't gain enough separation on a regular enough basis to make the throws/catches 90/10's.

I couldn't disagree more, If anything I think that he's a 50/50 guy because he HAS to be. He gets open but if its underthrown he has to work back to the ball and outmuscle the DB to sky it from him. And if its overthrown he has to full extension lay out to try and have a shot at it. If he had any kind of competency behind Center I don't think you would have this dim of a view. 

Even with the ACL tear i'd give him #1 money. the dude WANTS to be here, and has been the most productive person on the offensive side of the ball since MJD left town. Good hands, good height, great ups, good speed (no one's confusing him with Brandin Cooks dont get it twisted) and has a tendency to make a spectacular catch. If he has 1400 yards and 15 TD's with Blake... Imagine what he could do with a GOOD QB. 

Just curious but what makes you say he wants to be here? I was under the opposite impression.
Most players can come back from the ACL... I would have no problem with the team negotiating as if he'd come back to form. He'd be a very nice weapon for a good QB to have. Let Lee walk and line up Westbrook, Arob and Cole next year with Hurns still around for slot duties...
(09-19-2017, 11:37 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-19-2017, 07:56 PM)Firesky Wrote: [ -> ]I couldn't disagree more, If anything I think that he's a 50/50 guy because he HAS to be. He gets open but if its underthrown he has to work back to the ball and outmuscle the DB to sky it from him. And if its overthrown he has to full extension lay out to try and have a shot at it. If he had any kind of competency behind Center I don't think you would have this dim of a view. 

Just curious but what makes you say he wants to be here? I was under the opposite impression.

He publicly asked for an extension back in July/August.

There was an article in the offseason where he was quoted as saying that he wanted a contract extension and thought he'd deserved/earned one with his play thus far, but said he'd let his agent handle that and his focus was just on getting wins until the deal can get done.
(09-19-2017, 07:21 PM)JagginAndSwaggin Wrote: [ -> ]I have to go to work in like 20 minutes so I'm not going to be able to put as much here as I want so here's a quick rundown of how AR-15 made Bortles look half competent. 

2014 - Blake flashes early in his first few starts, only to fall off toward the end of the year, why? AR=15 goes down at the end of the year with a season ending injury.
2015 - Blake looks like a future star at QB, why? Allen Robinson makes circus catch after circus catch.
2016 - AR-15 gets the treatment from opposing defenses and lets be honest horrible PI calls which leads to a down year for blake because he didn't get that same elite player.
2017 - AR-15 is out after first play of the season and Blake looks more lost than he ever has before.

Short and sweet, AR-15 is by far the best player on our offense and without him to cover up some of Blakes flaws he's now completely incompetent.

Welcome to the board.  Yes, I think your son is a good player. 

The thing about Robinson is that when he's on the field, it changes how our passing offense is defended. With him off the field, none of the other receivers have shown much ability to get any kind of consistent separation. Robinson may not be a true #1, but his absence hurts this offense significantly because of his ability to make plays in a pinch. Defenses do respect that ability, and with him out of the picture, there's nobody stepping up to assume that role so far. Hopefully it will come, but I think our best hope is to get to the point where Westbrook is back on the field. I think he has the potential and the ability to be that guy.
He's a number 1, but not in the Julio mold. He's more of a physical, jump ball guy, which can be defended 1 on 1 when the db buckles their chin strap.

If he had speed he would be a true number 1.
Is AR15 really that good, because most of his stats are garbage time stats. DBs are giving him space and letting him catch the ball to use up time, shorten up the game.
(09-20-2017, 11:43 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]Is AR15 really that good, because most of his stats are garbage time stats.  DBs are giving him space and letting him catch the ball to  use up time, shorten up the game.
If he didn't have Blake Bortles, his stats would consistently be top 10.
(09-20-2017, 11:43 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]Is AR15 really that good, because most of his stats are garbage time stats.  DBs are giving him space and letting him catch the ball to  use up time, shorten up the game.

You're off base I think.
He doesn't create a lot of separation but to deny the man's talent is silly.
(09-20-2017, 01:57 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]

You're off base I think.
He doesn't create a lot of separation but to deny the man's talent is silly.

I think that if you go back and look at his game logs, he's not just getting his stats in garbage time either.  He's been the most reliable of the receivers over the past few years despite the crappy QB play at times.
Pages: 1 2 3