Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Colvin so far
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone else concerned about his play thus far?  Too early to tell/still shaking off the rust from the injury?  Just a bad game?  

I've been of the mind that he's a pretty solid and versatile nickel, but he was a serious liability against the Titans from my standpoint.  

Just curious on people's thoughts since he's in the last year of his contract I believe.

My small contribution to overreactions.
He got that booty waxed by Mariota
Definitely had difficulty covering Walker.
I mean, he probably should have had help on walker, but how often is a Nickle.back charged with cover a TE twice his size. I put this one on the coaching staff for not helping him out with a saftey
. They exploit Colvin in the second half. Watching the game it seemed like the titans were literally making formations just to get walker on Colvin and off the backers, as they should.
(09-20-2017, 11:25 PM)archer56 Wrote: [ -> ]I mean, he probably should have had help on walker, but how often is a nickel back charged with cover a TE twice his size. I put this one on the coaching staff for not helping him out with a safety.

They exploit Colvin  in the second half. Watching the game it seemed like the titans were literally making formations just to get Walker on Colvin and off the backers, as they should.

It should be a no-brainer that the strong safety covers a tight end. Safeties are bigger than cornerbacks. Tight ends are bigger than wide receivers. So Barry Church should be on the TE while Aaron Colvin covers the #3 WR.
(09-21-2017, 12:04 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-20-2017, 11:25 PM)archer56 Wrote: [ -> ]I mean, he probably should have had help on walker, but how often is a nickel back charged with cover a TE twice his size. I put this one on the coaching staff for not helping him out with a safety.

They exploit Colvin  in the second half. Watching the game it seemed like the titans were literally making formations just to get Walker on Colvin and off the backers, as they should.

It should be a no-brainer that the strong safety covers a tight end. Safeties are bigger than cornerbacks. Tight ends are bigger than wide receivers. So Barry Church should be on the TE while Aaron Colvin covers the #3 WR.

In the case of the Jags, they have Miles Jack, who's as fast as a safety with the size of a LB. He should have been covering Walker.

Why can't the Jags find a DC who can actually game plan the opponents?
Colvin did fine. Covering walker is not easy for anyone in the league. Jack could not cover him either.
It wasn't just Walker he had issues with. If I am an opposing offense, I am targeting the slot receiver all day. Colvin looked half asleep last week.
Let's see, we've got one of the best corners on the league on either side, so I wonder who the opposing QB will be looking at...

It's not like teams are throwing all over the place in the Jaguars so far.
He looked bad to me at Houston as well. Maybe it is injury rust.
Mildly disappointed maybe, but it's just one game with a tough match up. Mariota threw some nearly indefensible passes as well.

He should be fine vs the ravens. I'm not going to over react.
(09-20-2017, 11:25 PM)archer56 Wrote: [ -> ]I mean, he probably should have had help on walker, but how often is a Nickle.back charged with cover a TE twice his size. I put this one on the coaching staff for not helping him out with a saftey
. They exploit Colvin  in the second half. Watching the game it seemed like the titans were literally making formations just to get walker on Colvin and off the backers, as they should.

Damn that GIF... he didn't even use his shoulder that was all forearm and chest. Nice.
Overrated by some on here. He got worked on Sunday. He was always in Chase mode.
He's not that good of a corner. He's a decent nickel that is a good blitzes, but that's about it. Average NFL nickel, no better.
We could move Poz to slot corner he was good in coverage last year.
(09-21-2017, 01:35 PM)SuperJville Wrote: [ -> ]He's not that good of a corner.  He's a decent nickel that is a good blitzes, but that's about it.  Average NFL nickel, no better.

This. Nothing special or outstanding, just average.
(09-21-2017, 10:19 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]In the case of the Jags, they have Miles Jack, who's as fast as a safety with the size of a LB. He should have been covering Walker.

We don't have anyone named Miles Jack. Yes, spelling does matter.

Isn't the Sam supposed to be a pass rusher more often than back in coverage? Jack can't cover the TE on every passing down.
(09-21-2017, 11:45 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]Let's see, we've got one of the best corners on the league on either side, so I wonder who the opposing QB will be looking at...

It's not like teams are throwing all over the place in the Jaguars so far.

Last year Derek Carr picked on Prince Amukamara all day. Now with A.J. Bouye in that spot, tight ends will be targeted more often but not all the time.
Does anyone else read Ike Taylor's weekly CB rankings? This week A.J. Bouye is ranked higher (9) than Jalen Ramsey (10) despite giving up 105 yards because he did not let anyone score.
(09-21-2017, 04:09 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-21-2017, 10:19 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]In the case of the Jags, they have Miles Jack, who's as fast as a safety with the size of a LB. He should have been covering Walker.

We don't have anyone named Miles Jack. Yes, spelling does matter.

Isn't the Sam supposed to be a pass rusher more often than back in coverage? Jack can't cover the TE on every passing down.

My mistake. I should have typed "Kilometer Jack."

A player is supposed to be whatever the coach says he should be. If having Jack cover the TE every down results in less success for the opposing offense, then that's what the Jags should have done.
Pages: 1 2