Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: My thoughts on the game..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I don't usually do these types of threads so bear with me..

This defence is the real deal. They look hungry and aggressive. Solid composed display.

Now, going into the game a lot was said on various platforms that Baltimore had 'only' played the Bengals and the Browns so hadn't really been tested. Today our Jags tested them all over the field. I don't think it was a case of Baltimore being crap as much as we made them look like it with intelligent play calling and being competent all over the field. A lot had also been said about our own OLine, today it held up and got the job done.. even better that it was convincing.

You guys saw in the built up that this was my 6 year old son's first ever game, the kid idolises Blake Bortles so for him to play so well, my boy was so pleased.

Put all of that up against the fact that a friend of mine managed to arrange for us to be in the tunnel with the Jags players prior to kick off, this was a pretty special day. (There's a video I posted on the Forever Jaguars Facebook page for those who are interested in seeing that).

Overall: a professional, well rehearsed and mature game plan, well executed..

On to next week... Go Jagaurs!
Was hoping to get your take, Darlo. Glad you guys got to attend a good one!
The team had a gameplan and looked well prepared. That's refreshing to see compared to waiting for opposing teams to screw up and just backing into wins in the past few years
(09-24-2017, 06:44 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Was hoping to get your take, Darlo.  Glad you guys got to attend a good one!

Thank you! Appreciated.
(09-24-2017, 06:50 PM)jaglyn Wrote: [ -> ]The team had a gameplan and looked well prepared. That's refreshing to see compared to waiting for opposing teams to screw up and just backing into wins in the past few years

That because we had dopey Gus the last 4 years, who was too hard headed to adjust his gameplan when it doesn't work.
Glad you had a good time Darlo. Go Jags!
My thoughts are that today was awesome, an offense that wasn't stuck in the 80s was great, and Bortles had the best game of his career.

Unfortunately, in the back of my head I know we beat a bad team who didn't have their most important player on offense or defense and has never made that trip to London before. I am going to try my best to keep my feet grounded for now. Same with next week after what *should* hopefully be another comfortable win against the Jets, and then I'll let my spirits fly a bit if we look close to this good against the Steelers at their place.
(09-24-2017, 09:40 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]My thoughts are that today was awesome, an offense that wasn't stuck in the 80s was great, and Bortles had the best game of his career.

Unfortunately, in the back of my head I know we beat a bad team who didn't have their most important player on offense or defense and has never made that trip to London before. I am going to try my best to keep my feet grounded for now. Same with next week after what *should* hopefully be another comfortable win against the Jets, and then I'll let my spirits fly a bit if we look close to this good against the Steelers at their place.

The Ravens obviously did have their most important players on offense (Joe Flacco) and defense (Terrell Suggs). They were missing their most important linemen. Get the facts right.

This is a bad time to keep your feet grounded. The Jets suck.
(09-24-2017, 09:55 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2017, 09:40 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]My thoughts are that today was awesome, an offense that wasn't stuck in the 80s was great, and Bortles had the best game of his career.

The Ravens obviously did have their most important players on offense (Joe Flacco) and defense (Terrell Suggs). They were missing their most important linemen. Get the facts right.

Yanda > Flacco.

Fact.
The Jets may be tough. They sure hammered the Fins today. But every week is different. Marrone is a good coach, but let's see if the team can string some wins together. I think the D is legit.
(09-24-2017, 09:58 PM)Scarecrow Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2017, 09:55 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]The Ravens obviously did have their most important players on offense (Joe Flacco) and defense (Terrell Suggs). They were missing their most important linemen. Get the facts right.

Yanda > Flacco.

Fact.

QB is more important than OL. Indisputable fact.
(09-24-2017, 10:04 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2017, 09:58 PM)Scarecrow Wrote: [ -> ]Yanda > Flacco.

Fact.

QB is more important than OL. Indisputable fact.

That's not why I said.

In this scenario Yanda is more important than Flacco. 

That's my fact.
(09-24-2017, 09:58 PM)Scarecrow Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2017, 09:55 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]The Ravens obviously did have their most important players on offense (Joe Flacco) and defense (Terrell Suggs). They were missing their most important linemen. Get the facts right.

Yanda > Flacco.

Fact.

Careful, you'll get warned.
(09-24-2017, 10:36 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2017, 09:58 PM)Scarecrow Wrote: [ -> ]Yanda > Flacco.

Fact.

Careful, you'll get warned.

For pointing out that Yanda is more crucial to the Ravens than a struggling Flacco?

If we had the opportunity to take one of the two players from the Ravens (assuming they were both healthy) why would anyone choose Flacco?

Edit: she's already giving me negative ratings for making her mad in this thread. Aka pointing out that Flacco isn't as important to the Ravens as their ALL PRO guard. It's time to call it a night.
(09-24-2017, 10:59 PM)Scarecrow Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2017, 10:36 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Careful, you'll get warned.

For pointing out that Yanda is more crucial to the Ravens than a struggling Flacco?

If we had the opportunity to take one of the two players from the Ravens (assuming they were both healthy) why would anyone choose Flacco?

Read your negative rating. That explains everything.

You won't get a warning for this one, but any attempt to drive me crazy by obviuosly telling a blatant lie from my POV will be reported.
(09-24-2017, 11:06 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2017, 10:59 PM)Scarecrow Wrote: [ -> ]For pointing out that Yanda is more crucial to the Ravens than a struggling Flacco?

You won't get a warning for this one, but any attempt to drive me crazy by obviuosly telling a blatant lie from my POV will be reported.

Holy [BLEEP].. Someone needs to go Office Space on your damn computer..
(09-24-2017, 11:06 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2017, 10:59 PM)Scarecrow Wrote: [ -> ]For pointing out that Yanda is more crucial to the Ravens than a struggling Flacco?

I did and why would I get a warning? 

I've articulated that I think the Flacco is less important to the Ravens right now than Yanda. Yanda is far the better player between the two. He's the best interior OL in the game.

You can report me as you wish JW. I didn't tell a lie. Just because you can't or don't understand something doesn't mean you need to freak out and report everyone either.
(09-24-2017, 11:09 PM)Scarecrow Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2017, 11:06 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]Read your negative rating. That explains everything.

I did and why would I get a warning? 

I've articulated that I think the Flacco is less important to the Ravens right now than Yanda. Yanda is far the better player between the two. He's the best interior OL in the game.

You can report me as you wish JW. I didn't tell a lie. Just because you can't or don't understand something doesn't mean you need to freak out and report everyone either.

Watch out for her Knights in Shining armor. They do her bidding..
(09-24-2017, 07:06 PM)jrvegeeta Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2017, 06:50 PM)jaglyn Wrote: [ -> ]The team had a gameplan and looked well prepared. That's refreshing to see compared to waiting for opposing teams to screw up and just backing into wins in the past few years

That because we had dopey Gus the last 4 years, who was too hard headed to adjust his gameplan when it doesn't work.

Think I know why the Chargers are 0-3 with a middle of the road defense and a terrible run D... Bubble gum Gus at it again in L.A..
(09-24-2017, 11:12 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2017, 11:09 PM)Scarecrow Wrote: [ -> ]I did and why would I get a warning? 

Watch out for her Knights in Shining armor. They do her bidding..

Already maxxed out on the rates for today, so +1 to you good sir.

(09-24-2017, 06:38 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't usually do these types of threads so bear with me..

This defence is the real deal. They look hungry and aggressive. Solid composed display.

Now, going into the game a lot was said on various platforms that Baltimore had 'only' played the Bengals and the Browns so hadn't really been tested. Today our Jags tested them all over the field. I don't think it was a case of Baltimore being crap as much as we made them look like it with intelligent play calling and being competent all over the field. A lot had also been said about our own OLine, today it held up and got the job done.. even better that it was convincing.

You guys saw in the built up that this was my 6 year old son's first ever game, the kid idolises Blake Bortles so for him to play so well, my boy was so pleased.

Put all of that up against the fact that a friend of mine managed to arrange for us to be in the tunnel with the Jags players prior to kick off, this was a pretty special day. (There's a video I posted on the Forever Jaguars Facebook page for those who are interested in seeing that).

Overall: a professional, well rehearsed and mature game plan, well executed..

On to next week... Go Jagaurs!

Glad you had a good time Darlo, you and the young'un looked like you had a blast!
Pages: 1 2 3