Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I have seen enough to know this team is legit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
To know this Jaguars team is legit

We will win 8,9 or 10 games or more

No bad team that wins 3- 5 games is gonna completely dominate 2 good NFL teams in a season, Houston was a playoff team last year and got JJ Watt back, and the Ravens were 8-8 last year and 2-0 this year dominating their first two games.

The Tenn game we were in it, score was 9-3 late in the 3rd and it just got away from us

Heck Pats got beat up by KC, look at Oakland they got blown out by Washington, good teams lose big it happens

But this Jaguars team is legit and we have such a soft schedule, the three games that are suppose to be tough are even winnable, @ Pittsburgh they lost to the freaking bears Sunday,@ Arizona they look bad, and Seattle at home, their offense and defense have not looked good.

Jaguars are a good team and will be in the playoff hunt in December
I still think we cap out 7-9 because that offensive consistency still isn't there. However, it is a good sign if we start seeing big games against teams we are supposed to beat, unlike in the past of playing down to their level. I'd like to see this team figure it out and dominate into/through the second half of the season and prove me wrong. I'm still a little gun-shy on saying they are legit.
Step away from the Kool Aid sir........
We're only 3 games in to the season
And as far as the Ravens being 2-0 coming in to the game, look who they played, the freaking Bengals and the Browns
Yeah the Jets @home is a winnable game but I'm worried about Pittsburgh@home
I'd be happy with a 500 season........
We win 2 of our next 3 and ill believe
Its only 1 game difference but go into the colts game at 3-3 and loose and i can easily see momentum slipping away
The fact is that every game on our schedule is winnable. This team is NOW talented enough, and also would appear coached well enough, to play with any team that opposes them. Having Ramsey/Bouye on the outside really minimizes what opposing offenses can do against our defense. Think about it. We're going to shut down every team's top 2 Passing Options every week. And then on top of Ramsey/Bouye, we've Myles and Telvin flying around and limiting all of the check down throws to small gains. This team is legit. It's going to be an exciting year
(09-25-2017, 01:01 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]I still think we cap out 7-9 because that offensive consistency still isn't there. However, it is a good sign if we start seeing big games against teams we are supposed to beat, unlike in the past of playing down to their level. I'd like to see this team figure it out and dominate into/through the second half of the season and prove me wrong. I'm still a little gun-shy on saying they are legit.

I dont see how we could have played down to the level of any competition the last 7 year sense we were a bad team during that time, so it was just two bad teams playing
The Campbell-Bouye-Church free agency haul is maybe the best one-year move in franchise history. Paying off enormously. I'm not quite where you are yet, but if we can go to NY next week and beat a tougher-than-expected Jets team, and go 3-1, I'll start feeling really good.
(09-25-2017, 01:40 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-25-2017, 01:01 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]I still think we cap out 7-9 because that offensive consistency still isn't there. However, it is a good sign if we start seeing big games against teams we are supposed to beat, unlike in the past of playing down to their level. I'd like to see this team figure it out and dominate into/through the second half of the season and prove me wrong. I'm still a little gun-shy on saying they are legit.

I don't see how we could have played down to the level of any competition the last 7 year since we were a bad team during that time, so it was just two bad teams playing

Lol .... that's a new one.   When we got outscored by 82 points last season, we were simply playing down to the level of our opponents.  Same applies over the course of the past decade.
(09-25-2017, 01:02 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]Step away from the Kool Aid sir........
And as far as the Ravens being 2-0 coming in to the game, look who they played, the freaking Bengals and the Browns
You mean the Bengals team who took ARod into overtime yesterday? Those terrible Bengals?

Ravens defense is no joke. To throw 4 TDs and no picks against them is an extremely good sign.
Everybody step back and take a deep breath. Yes, it's clear that this year's team is a dramatic improvement over last year's, but one could make the argument that the 2008 Lions were a slight improvement over last year's Jaguars.

I think a late season run to 9-7 is possible. I think it's equally possible that Bortles regresses again and we win six games. I even think there's a remote chance that Bortles figures out how to play like it's garbage time all the time and leads us to a division championship. Hell, 10-6 is almost a sure thing to win the AFC South. Based on this team's performance in the first three weeks, I don't know that I reasonably can pin my hat on a number at this point beyond saying that I think my original 4-12 prediction will end up being pretty far off the mark.
If there weren't two big question marks on the Houston and Baltimore games. I think they were both significantly distracted/unprepared/whatever word you want to use by Harvey and by never going to London before (plus their most important players being hurt). Houston we get to play again so we will get a good answer there, Baltimore we will never know. I'm still in wait and see mode. Plenty of time to take a reserved approach.
I finally was able to see the game. Impressive win! With the exception of the opening kick-off dare I say flawless. Still not drinking the Kool Aid.
(09-25-2017, 01:55 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-25-2017, 01:40 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see how we could have played down to the level of any competition the last 7 year since we were a bad team during that time, so it was just two bad teams playing

Lol .... that's a new one.   When we got outscored by 82 points last season, we were simply playing down to the level of our opponents.  Same applies over the course of the past decade.

2015- Six losses by 7 points or less
2016- Six losses by 7 points or less

These are games that good, consistent teams have big wins in. That is when you know you have gotten over the hump. Understand now?
(09-25-2017, 05:19 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-25-2017, 01:55 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Lol .... that's a new one.   When we got outscored by 82 points last season, we were simply playing down to the level of our opponents.  Same applies over the course of the past decade.

2015- Six losses by 7 points or less
2016- Six losses by 7 points or less

These are games that good, consistent teams have big wins in. That is when you know you have gotten over the hump. Understand now?

The majority of most every team in the NFLs losses come via 7 points or less so the same case could be made across the entire NFL

It's more logical to think the other teams only beat us by 7 points or less because they played down to their competition.
The Vikings started out 5-1 last year and flopped

The Lions started 6-2 one year and flopped.

(Man the auto correct is crazy on here)
(09-25-2017, 01:49 PM)Billycool Jag Wrote: [ -> ]The Campbell-Bouye-Church free agency haul is maybe the best one-year move in franchise history.  Paying off enormously.  I'm not quite where you are yet, but if we can go to NY next week and beat a tougher-than-expected Jets team, and go 3-1, I'll start feeling really good.

I think our best move in the off-season was addition by subtraction.  Cyp not on the field any more is huge.  He was the biggest liability by far and teams can't pick that one guy to pick on any more
I don’t view an 8-8 team as legit. We aren’t going any where without a QB. That said, enjoy the 7-9 to 9-7 team. We aren’t a laughingstock any more. This is nice to see.
The jags are just
(09-25-2017, 06:13 PM)maheo30 Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t view an 8-8 team as legit. We aren’t going any where without a QB. That said, enjoy the 7-9 to 9-7 team. We aren’t a laughingstock any more. This is nice to see.

8-8 team this year and an upgrade at QB next year?

Yea. I’ll take it.
(09-25-2017, 01:02 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]Step away from the Kool Aid sir........

Steelers are garbage on the road!

(09-25-2017, 06:13 PM)maheo30 Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t view an 8-8 team as legit. We aren’t going any where without a QB. That said, enjoy the 7-9 to 9-7 team. We aren’t a laughingstock any more. This is nice to see.

I will take a 6-2 Td// interception rate through 3 games any day!!
Pages: 1 2