Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Steelers pregame talk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Week 4 is over. Now let's move on to Week 5.

Now we stand at 2-2. The Steelers are 3-1, but their loss was in overtime at Chicago. Whoa. That tells me they are beatable. In addition, David Carr did not list Ben Roethlisberger in his weekly Top 15 Offensive Players rankings. Bucky Brooks blamed Roethlisberger and Le'Veon Bell for the team's struggles on offense after crunching numbers. Antonio Brown may not be part of the problem but this will be his first meeting with Jalen Ramsey. I am confident Martavis Bryant will not burn A.J. Bouye because he also has been a disappointment for Pittsburgh after taking a year off. That leaves me worrying mostly about Bell after watching our atrocious run defense against two backup RBs and a bad OL. Todd Haley's strategy is obviously going to be ringing the Bell. (See what I did there?)

Of course, I am not going to sit here and say don't worry about all three Killer Bees (Ben, Bell, and Brown) or the offensive line. Pittsburgh has talent on defense too, so our offensive line needs to help Blake Bortles and drops will be costly. We are not going to blow out the Steelers, who are much better than the Texans and Ravens on offense, barring a miracle. I think this is a game where if we keep the Steelers under 20 points, more people will say this team's defense is as good as advertised.

On a side note, this game is Sacksonville vs. Blitzburgh.
FWIW, there is a town in Massachusetts called Saxonville but...there is no Blitzburgh. There is also a Florida, MA. Better stay on topic here...let's see, killer bees, Bell-ringing...I got nothing.
(10-03-2017, 06:30 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]Week 4 is over. Now let's move on to Week 5.

Now we stand at 2-2. The Steelers are 3-1, but their loss was in overtime at Chicago. Whoa. That tells me they are beatable. In addition, David Carr did not list Ben Roethlisberger in his weekly Top 15 Offensive Players rankings. Bucky Brooks blamed Roethlisberger and Le'Veon Bell for the team's struggles on offense after crunching numbers. Antonio Brown may not be part of the problem but this will be his first meeting with Jalen Ramsey. I am confident Martavis Bryant will not burn A.J. Bouye because he also has been a disappointment for Pittsburgh after taking a year off. That leaves me worrying mostly about Bell after watching our atrocious run defense against two backup RBs and a bad OL. Todd Haley's strategy is obviously going to be ringing the Bell. (See what I did there?)

Of course, I am not going to sit here and say don't worry about all three Killer Bees (Ben, Bell, and Brown) or the offensive line. Pittsburgh has talent on defense too, so our offensive line needs to help Blake Bortles and drops will be costly. We are not going to blow out the Steelers, who are much better than the Texans and Ravens on offense, barring a miracle. I think this is a game where if we keep the Steelers under 20 points, more people will say this team's defense is as good as advertised.

On a side note, this game is Sacksonville vs. Blitzburgh.

The Steelers are a well balanced team.  And a major rival.  

Three keys to win the game. 
1. Tighten up the middle run defense. 
2. Control the clock with Fournette who has to get a TD or two and or ivory.  Maybe sneak gant in as well. 
3. Cut down on penalties. 

If we keep the score low and close we can win.   If we play from behind most or all the game.  We are in for a long day.

We don't currently have a receiver or te that will stretch the field.  Unless someone steps up and catches the very bad thrown ball.  Or if run a bunch of screens, slants. 

Blake best bet is to be a game/clock manager and not throw passes that can easily be batted away.
(10-03-2017, 06:40 PM)PF* Wrote: [ -> ]FWIW, there is a town in Massachusetts called Saxonville but...there is no Blitzburgh. There is also a Florida, MA. Better stay on topic here...let's see, killer bees, Bell-ringing...I got nothing.

Obviously you are the one not staying on topic. Wallbash 

You don't understand the nickname Killer Bees? It is a play on words. The media made it up, not me.

Blitzburgh comes from Pittsburgh's history as birthplace of the zone blitz.
(10-03-2017, 07:04 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-03-2017, 06:40 PM)PF* Wrote: [ -> ]FWIW, there is a town in Massachusetts called Saxonville but...there is no Blitzburgh. There is also a Florida, MA. Better stay on topic here...let's see, killer bees, Bell-ringing...I got nothing.

Obviously you are the one not staying on topic. Wallbash 

You don't understand the nickname Killer Bees? It is a play on words. The media made it up, not me.

I'm confused...what do bees have to do with the Steelers who are an NFL team?
(10-03-2017, 07:09 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-03-2017, 07:04 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]Obviously you are the one not staying on topic. Wallbash 

I'm confused...what do bees have to do with the Steelers who are an NFL team?

I'm confused . . . why don't people talk about the game we will play on Sunday?
On topic: Who do you think will win? Do you think it will come down to offense, defense, or special teams? Be realistic.
I am taking the Jags +9 which was the opening line. Would be thrilled with Jags +1.
(10-03-2017, 07:51 PM)Kotite Wrote: [ -> ]I am taking the Jags +9 which was the opening line. Would be thrilled with Jags +1.

Wow. I thought the Jaguars would be undercats after losing to the Jets.

Unfortunately I can see us losing this one because of our run defense.
+9 means they are under "cats".
(10-03-2017, 08:00 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]+9 means they are under "cats."

Oh I thought -9 means we are undercats.

If we lose, I hope it is by less than nine points.
Any given Sunday. We thought the Texans and Ravens games would be close. We thought the Jets game was a gimme. Don't assume we will lose just because we were bad in Week 4. It could be a claw biter. It could be an upset. You never know. I expect a loss but I know there is hope with the #1 pass defense.
This whole thread should be deleted lest it become a precursor of our Jags’ ineptitude. Yikes.

If anyone has the time/patience, explain “undercats” to JDub.
(10-03-2017, 11:57 PM)RedRooster28 Wrote: [ -> ]This whole thread should be deleted lest it become a precursor of our Jags’ ineptitude.  Yikes.

Undercat is a pun. It is underdogs but we are a cat team, not a dog team. If you don't understand it, that is your problem.

Moderators are not going to delete a pregame thread. It is 100% about the Steelers game on Sunday.
(10-04-2017, 12:45 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-03-2017, 11:57 PM)RedRooster28 Wrote: [ -> ]This whole thread should be deleted lest it become a precursor of our Jags’ ineptitude.  Yikes.

Undercat is a pun. It is underdogs but we are a cat team, not a dog team. If you don't understand it, that is your problem.

Moderators are not going to delete a pregame thread. It is 100% about the Steelers game on Sunday.

Weren't we also talking about bees though in addition to the Steelers? I'm confused. So it's not exactly 100% about the Steelers...more like 95% Steelers and 5% Bees.
ON TOPIC: What do you realistically expect this Sunday?

(10-04-2017, 12:50 PM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]Weren't we also talking about bees though in addition to the Steelers? I'm confused. So it's not exactly 100% about the Steelers...more like 95% Steelers and 5% Bees.

No we never talked about bees. You know that. Everything makes sense if you actually THINK about what I post.
My Daughter (The Squealers Fan) has been ragging on me all week.... I told her be prepared for a shock come Sunday
(10-04-2017, 02:03 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]My Daughter (The Squealers Fan) has been ragging on me all week.... I told her be prepared for a shock come Sunday

LOL Let her trash talk all she wants. She still loves you.

I joined the Steelers board because it has sections for discussions with other teams' fans and trash talk. Unfortunately my posts are still awaiting approval. Wallbash
What do you think we have to do to play better than last week, especially on offense?
(10-04-2017, 03:15 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-04-2017, 02:03 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]My Daughter (The Squealers Fan) has been ragging on me all week.... I told her be prepared for a shock come Sunday

LOL Let her trash talk all she wants. She still loves you.

I joined the Steelers board because it has sections for discussions with other teams' fans and trash talk. Unfortunately my posts are still awaiting approval. Wallbash

we should have a similar system here.
Pages: 1 2 3 4