Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 24 Hours With Shad Khan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Great article along with the video.
Did you all catch what Maronne said to Khan as he walked up?

Sounded like "We kicked the [BLEEP] out of them!" Banana

From the article.

" Khan had hosted a party at a club the night before that lasted until 1 a.m. “If anybody left sober, hey, it was their bad judgment,” he says. Banana Banana Big Grin
So who's the team moving to London in 2022........
Good read. I like Kahn but I fear he will one day move the Jags to London in the distant future. That's why I hope a different team does it first or an expansion team.
I'm not liking Kahn's or Lamping's response to the question.
(10-05-2017, 11:29 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: [ -> ]Good read. I like Kahn but I fear he will one day move the Jags to London in the distant future. That's why I hope a different team does it first or an expansion team.

He's not moving the team after investing millions of dollars out of his pocket into Jacksonville
He has plenty of money he can spare some for investments to keep the current market place spending money on the team. Again long term as in 6 - 8 years. Plus what if the Jags keep losing and NFL starts putting more pressure and massive incentives on a team to relocate. I mean come one you think a few million is enough to say no to a billion?
(10-05-2017, 11:35 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: [ -> ]He has plenty of money he can spare some for investments to keep the current market place spending money on the team. Again long term as in 6 - 8 years. Plus what if the Jags keep losing and NFL starts putting more pressure and massive incentives on a team to relocate. I mean come one you think a few million is enough to say no to a billion?

Thats not how it works, teams dont move just becouse they are losing, also the NFL cant pressure teams to move, teams only move if they have bad stadiums, and the city is not willing to work with them to rebuild it or if its some licencing issues going on with the team and city.

Also Millionaires dont just waste money, thats the reason they are millionaires, if he wanted to move he would have done the bare minimum with the team in Jacksonville.

Just like the Chargers going to LA, that was a huge mistake, they thought its a big market they can make more money, but LA has no interest in them, and thats an American city, what happens when the British folks get bored of watching the same team play every week?
(10-05-2017, 11:32 AM)J-Mizzal Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-05-2017, 11:29 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: [ -> ]Good read. I like Kahn but I fear he will one day move the Jags to London in the distant future. That's why I hope a different team does it first or an expansion team.

He's not moving the team after investing millions of dollars out of his pocket into Jacksonville

(10-05-2017, 11:39 AM)J-Mizzal Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-05-2017, 11:35 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: [ -> ]He has plenty of money he can spare some for investments to keep the current market place spending money on the team. Again long term as in 6 - 8 years. Plus what if the Jags keep losing and NFL starts putting more pressure and massive incentives on a team to relocate. I mean come one you think a few million is enough to say no to a billion?

Thats not how it works, teams dont move just becouse they are losing, also the NFL cant pressure teams to move, teams only move if they have bad stadiums, and the city is not willing to work with them to rebuild it or if its some licencing issues going on with the team and city.

Also Millionaires dont just waste money, thats the reason they are millionaires, if he wanted to move he would have done the bare minimum with the team in Jacksonville.

Just like the Chargers going to LA, that was a huge mistake, they thought its a big market they can make more money, but LA has no interest in them, and thats an American city, what happens when the British folks get bored of watching the same team play every week?

At this point we are off topic for this thread and we can have this discussion on a different thread since we know a new one about teams moving will pop up again eventually.

Don't be so naive, this organization likely doubles/triples in value if he decided to move the team to London. The "millions" he's spent investing in Jacksonville is pennies compared to the ROI on a London move.
(10-05-2017, 01:47 PM)jagforlife85 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-05-2017, 11:32 AM)J-Mizzal Wrote: [ -> ]He's not moving the team after investing millions of dollars out of his pocket into Jacksonville

Don't be so naive, this organization likely doubles/triples in value if he decided to move the team to London. The "millions" he's spent investing in Jacksonville is pennies compared to the ROI on a London move.

Don't be so naive, the Chargers organization likely doubles/triples in value if Spanos decides to move the team to LA. Whatever money he's investing in San Diego is pennies compared to the ROI on an LA move.
I certainly hope he doesn't move them. I would be devastated. But, like we saw with the Chargers and Raiders, if they do their little ROI and Cost Benefits Analysis, and let the data analysts and accountants in on the decisions...... it could happen. Khan has plenty of money and he has invested a lot into Jacksonville. But if 2020-2021 comes along and his investment in J'Ville hasn't come to fruition and the numbers look good for another city, then we should be prepared.
(10-05-2017, 02:18 PM)DragonFury Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-05-2017, 01:47 PM)jagforlife85 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't be so naive, this organization likely doubles/triples in value if he decided to move the team to London. The "millions" he's spent investing in Jacksonville is pennies compared to the ROI on a London move.

Don't be so naive, the Chargers organization likely doubles/triples in value if Spanos decides to move the team to LA. Whatever money he's investing in San Diego is pennies compared to the ROI on an LA move.

Speaking of the perfect team to move to London...
I think when a team, any team, moves to London it would be a big blow to my interest in the N(NATIONAL)FL. Its not what it was even 10 years ago, and adding such a logistical nightmare in the name of the dollar would be a huge turnoff in terms of competitive play/advantage for the team having to play 16 games traveling as much as a London team would. Maybe in a few decades it makes more sense, but I just don't see it working out for any team that would call London home. London is a soccer town, and the NFL is already getting diluted with dumb rule changes, politically charged nonsense, regardless of what side you're on, and the softening of the game would all just pile on and I think a team in London(especially if its our team) would be it for me.
(10-05-2017, 02:31 PM)JagAU09 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-05-2017, 02:18 PM)DragonFury Wrote: [ -> ]Don't be so naive, the Chargers organization likely doubles/triples in value if Spanos decides to move the team to LA. Whatever money he's investing in San Diego is pennies compared to the ROI on an LA move.

Speaking of the perfect team to move to London...

Exactly!
The team that left San Diego, no longer loved by San Diego natives... not wanted by L.A. and playing in a soccer stadium seating about 35kish?

San Diego wanted them, but not bad enough to foot the bill on a new stadium it seems.
L.A. never wanted them... 
Give em to London...

And if they fail miserably there (which I tend to think a full time franchise will there) then we can bring them back here to....
San Antonio....
Portland....
Birmingham.........
err...uhm...

lol
Unless the NFL makes major concessions to the NFLPA in the next CBA agreement, the NFLPA won't be on board with a team based in London. Many players won't sign FA contracts with a team based outside North America because of family considerations. I think the NFL is better of playing a few games a season in London than putting a team there. There's going to be competitive issues having a team in London, including for other teams in the same division that have to make the trip every season.

This is what I have been saying since the first set of stadium renovations. Why would any team owner spend all that money renovating a new stadium if he wants to move the team? Although Shad Khan was talking about something else when he said, "Actions speak louder than words," EverBank Field is proof of that.

(10-05-2017, 11:39 AM)J-Mizzal Wrote: [ -> ]

That's not how it works, teams don't move just because they are losing, also the NFL cant pressure teams to move, teams only move if they have bad stadiums, and the city is not willing to work with them to rebuild it or if its some liscencing issues going on with the team and city.

Also Millionaires don't just waste money, that's the reason they are millionaires, if he wanted to move he would have done the bare minimum with the team in Jacksonville.

Just like the Chargers going to LA, that was a huge mistake, they thought its a big market they can make more money, but LA has no interest in them, and that's an American city, what happens when the British folks get bored of watching the same team play every week?

Right. Anyone who followed the Los Angeles debacle knows it is 100% about the inability to renovate or get a new stadium in the current city, regardless of a team's struggles to win games.
(10-05-2017, 03:34 PM)D6 Wrote: [ -> ]Unless the NFL makes major concessions to the NFLPA in the next CBA agreement, the NFLPA won't be on board with a team based in London. Many players won't sign FA contracts with a team based outside North America because of family considerations. I think the NFL is better off playing a few games a season in London than putting a team there. There's going to be competitive issues having a team in London, including for other teams in the same division that have to make the trip every season.

Family considerations is one of countless major issues and, unfortunately, forgotten by all the people who think the biggest problem is geography. Of course it also applies to coaches and training staff.

I never liked the idea of having regular season games in London. Why can't they just do it in preseason like when Paul Tagliabue was the commissioner?
(10-05-2017, 04:59 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-05-2017, 03:34 PM)D6 Wrote: [ -> ]Unless the NFL makes major concessions to the NFLPA in the next CBA agreement, the NFLPA won't be on board with a team based in London. Many players won't sign FA contracts with a team based outside North America because of family considerations. I think the NFL is better off playing a few games a season in London than putting a team there. There's going to be competitive issues having a team in London, including for other teams in the same division that have to make the trip every season.

Family considerations is one of countless major issues and, unfortunately, forgotten by all the people who think the biggest problem is geography. Of course it also applies to coaches and training staff.

I never liked the idea of having regular season games in London. Why can't they just do it in preseason like when Paul Tagliabue was the commissioner?

Part of the family considerations equation is geography.  It's difficult for family members to be away from the United States for long periods of time.  Even more so than for players,  coaches,  and trainers.  All of which have long days of preparation during most of the week.   

The reason for regular season games in London is it's a much greater money making opportunity for the NFL.  Being that the NFL has 4 games this season in London,  compared to 3 in recent seasons,  it's evident that the NFL likes the numbers that these games are producing.
Pages: 1 2 3