Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Why complain about Blake today against Steelers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just a quick question:  Why are people complaining about Blake today?  Blake had no chance to impress, or be unimpressive in today's game.  It wouldn't of mattered even Tom Brady was our QB today, the game would've been out of his hands too.  When the defense dominates like that, it keeps the offense on the sidelines. 

As far as the season goes, Blake has been fine so far.  This is not to say that this could change.  I think that we all know we have a lot of football games left this year, and we'll need Blake to big in plenty of them for us to be successful.  He'll have plenty chances to keep his spot on the roster next year, or to play his way to the Free Agency list, only time will tell.

For today, quit complaining and be happy.  We just walloped a perennial playoff team in their house.  Soak it up, and think of the possibility of moving to 4-2 next week by beating the Rams at home.  After the preseason, I would imagine most of you wouldn't of thought that was possible.  I don't it's a coincidence that the people on here that are bringing up negative stuff about Blake hours after we run over a team are probably the same people that were predicting we would win 3-4 games this year.  I know that you are butt hurt about being so wrong, but get over it.  Your team is competitive for the first time in a long time.  Get on board!!!!!!!!!!!!
My good man I couldn't say it better myself because some of these people on here are being just delusional instead of laying the man be in the role he was asked to do this year. We already seen the guy that broke every franchise-record and only one fire games so now he's in the new role so don't criticize him for that as well. Some of y'all need to find bigger things to be mad about instead of a QB who has done his job today.

Just like I said in the previous thread Marcus Mariota had similar type games last year and no one said a thing but want to hit on plate for playing the same role that the Tennessee Titans has put on Marcus Mariota throughout his career. Some of y'all are being difficult
That is because they didn't actually watch the game. They looked at the box score. He went 8 for 14. He literally just didn't even get the attempts because the defense and run game were just so dominant. He protected the ball, made plays when he needed to. Although I am one who i every critical of Bortles he's our guy and I still have faith in him. He did what was needed to win and that is something we haven't seen much of the past 10 years.
I stopped after reading 'even Tom Brady wouldn't have had a chance"

You realize with a competent QB, they wouldn't be running every play and would have probably had more points scored by the offense rather than the defense put up half of them.
People want to blame Blake for everything, even the INT wasnt his fault
The FO doesn't trust Blake. The other teams know it. So kudos to LF for taking the abuse and making something out of nothing. Oh, and the defense that scored half the points. Sure bring up the one game in London. How many games like that has Bortles had?
It's sort of setting up perfectly for us in the future. Next year we may have a chance to grab a decent QB in the 1st round and a vet QB (Ben R, Rivers, or Manning... Maybe Rivers is the better option).

Then we can trade Bortles for a pair of Converse and a Four Loko
(10-08-2017, 07:47 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote: [ -> ]People want to blame Blake for everything, even the INT wasnt his fault

The int today was not his fault.  His numerous other int's, now that's another story.
(10-08-2017, 07:47 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote: [ -> ]People want to blame Blake for everything, even the INT wasnt his fault

That int was absurd. Bortles didn't do much, but he did keep several drives alive with his arms and with his legs. The int tarnishes the performance that was actually quite free of mental mistakes.
Come on man. He didn't lose the game for us this time but he's missing open receivers. He had Lee open for a TD early in the game. And clearly the team don't trust him, even the announcers were saying it.
I could care less how we win as long as we keep winning. Last year it took us 16 tries to win 3 games. We won 3 in 5 games this year. I don't care what it looks like. Just get more wins.
(10-08-2017, 07:49 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]The FO doesn't trust Blake.  The other teams know it.  So kudos to LF for taking the abuse and making something out of nothing.  Oh, and the defense that scored half the points.  Sure bring up the one game in London.  How many games like that has Bortles had?

With Fournette you run a lot because he'll almost always give  you 3 yards. The Jags let Bortles pass a normal amount until the game was "in hand." There was no evidence of a lack of trust today. You do remember Marrone saying that he'd like to call a run every play? That statement had nothing to do with Bortles, and everything to do with wanting a commanding lead.
I thought he played fine today. But when your defense gifts you 2 TDs and a decent lead, and then you have Fournette on top of that, you don't have to very much.
(10-08-2017, 07:51 PM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]Come on man. He didn't lose the game for us this time but he's missing open receivers. He had Lee open for a TD early in the game. And clearly the team don't trust him, even the announcers were saying it.

Yeah because the announcers said it must be true right? LOL. The same announcers that said that we wasn't going to win no more than we wasn't going to win no more than four games this year and Blake was going to be Bench by week 8 which look less likely now so my point is the announcers isn't always right.
I get that you keep doing what works (today it was running), but I also feel the coaching staff doesn't have the confidence in Bortles. The one thing I really like about Bortles this year is his lack of turnovers and dumb decisions. He definitely seems more controlled which is probably due to the running game taking the pressure off.
(10-08-2017, 07:56 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2017, 07:49 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]The FO doesn't trust Blake.  The other teams know it.  So kudos to LF for taking the abuse and making something out of nothing.  Oh, and the defense that scored half the points.  Sure bring up the one game in London.  How many games like that has Bortles had?

With Fournette you run a lot because he'll almost always give  you 3 yards. The Jags let Bortles pass a normal amount until the game was "in hand." There was no evidence of a lack of trust today. You do remember Marrone saying that he'd like to call a run every play? That statement had nothing to do with Bortles, and everything to do with wanting a commanding lead.
So if the Jags were down by 10 and the defense doesn't give you a few TDs, like the jets game, do you trust Bortles to drive down the field and score?  Or would you hope with a stacked box LF can do it?
(10-08-2017, 07:47 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]I stopped after reading 'even Tom Brady wouldn't have had a chance"

You realize with a competent QB, they wouldn't be running every play and would have probably had more points scored by the offense rather than the defense put up half of them.

First off you obviously read the rest of the post.  Secondly, I hope for your sake that you didn't watch the game or else your football knowledge is lacking.  The offense was on the sidelines for a major part of this game due to the defenses' stellar play.  Also the entire second half we ran the ball right down their throats, which was to our advantage because we were able to run a ton of clock off. (Insert Smart Football Strategy)  So if Tom Brady literally couldn't get on the field due to his defense scoring touchdowns, as well as his coach sticking with the run due to domination and strategic reasons, Tom Brady would have had mediocre numbers at best in this game.  I have to quit letting people like you annoy me, but its tough because it's fans like you that bring down the perception of our fan base as a whole.
(10-08-2017, 08:18 PM)Jagzfanfromiowa Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2017, 07:47 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]I stopped after reading 'even Tom Brady wouldn't have had a chance"

First off you obviously read the rest of the post.  Secondly, I hope for your sake that you didn't watch the game or else your football knowledge is lacking.  The offense was on the sidelines for a major part of this game due to the defenses' stellar play.  Also the entire second half we ran the ball right down their throats, which was to our advantage because we were able to run a ton of clock off. (Insert Smart Football Strategy)  So if Tom Brady literally couldn't get on the field due to his defense scoring touchdowns, as well as his coach sticking with the run due to domination and strategic reasons, Tom Brady would have had mediocre numbers at best in this game.  I have to quit letting people like you annoy me, but its tough because it's fans like you that bring down the perception of our fan base as a whole.

I can't agree with you more
(10-08-2017, 07:51 PM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]Come on man. He didn't lose the game for us this time but he's missing open receivers. He had Lee open for a TD early in the game. And clearly the team don't trust him, even the announcers were saying it.

Do you watch other football games?  I'm not trying to harp at you, but you just ask for it.  You can't be mad at your quarterback for missing 1 throw.  Every quarterback on every team misses multiple throws a game.  They are not robots, they are humans.  So in the future, please don't use missing one throw as an example of Blake having a bad game.
(10-08-2017, 07:40 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: [ -> ]My good man I couldn't say it better myself because some of these people on here are being just delusional instead of laying the man be in the role he was asked to do this year. We already seen the guy that broke every franchise-record and only one fire games so now he's in the new role so don't criticize him for that as well. Some of y'all need to find bigger things to be mad about instead of a QB who has done his job today.

Just like I said in the previous thread Marcus Mariota had similar type games last year and no one said a thing but want to hit on plate for playing the same role that the Tennessee Titans has put on Marcus Mariota throughout his career. Some of y'all are being difficult

You are my favorite Jaguars Monday caller.
Pages: 1 2 3