Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: You have to admit, this is funny.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
No matter which side of the political aisle you are on, you have to admit, when Monica Lewinsky joins the #metoo campaign, it's pretty funny. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/monica...li=BBnbfcL
Cultural appropriation. A black woman started #metoo, now it's another example of white people exploiting something a person of color built.
(10-19-2017, 12:13 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: [ -> ]Cultural appropriation.  A black woman started #metoo, now it's another example of white people exploiting something a person of color built.

Shirley, you jest.
(10-19-2017, 12:13 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: [ -> ]Cultural appropriation.  A black woman started #metoo, now it's another example of white people exploiting something a person of color built.

So, if a black person does something or starts something, white people are not allowed to participate? That's racist.

Laughing
#metoo is a womens thing... not a black womens thing.
So... if a black woman starts it, for the betterment of all women, white women cant use it?

Get your racist [BLEEP] out of here with that nonsense.

(10-19-2017, 03:44 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]

So, if a black person does something or starts something, white people are not allowed to participate? That's racist.

Apparently.... suppose this goes all the way back to white people stealing rock from R&b or some craziness
(10-19-2017, 03:44 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]

Whoosh
I don’t find anyone’s story or sexual harassment or assault “funny” whether she schtuped the President or not...but that’s just me.
(10-21-2017, 06:23 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t find anyone’s story or sexual harassment or assault “funny” whether she schtuped the President or not...but that’s just me.

The thing is though, from what I know and have read she really wasn't a "victim".  It seems that I recall her purposely wanting to be in The Oval Office and with President Clinton at the time.  Of course she was young and dumb and spit some...  never mind on the famous "blue dress".  What I'm saying though is that a willing participant is not a "victim".

It's not the same.
(10-21-2017, 06:46 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-21-2017, 06:23 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t find anyone’s story or sexual harassment or assault “funny” whether she schtuped the President or not...but that’s just me.

The thing is though, from what I know and have read she really wasn't a "victim".  It seems that I recall her purposely wanting to be in The Oval Office and with President Clinton at the time.  Of course she was young and dumb and spit some...  never mind on the famous "blue dress".  What I'm saying though is that a willing participant is not a "victim".

It's not the same.

She isn’t claiming Clinton was the offender. She didn’t say when her harassment/assault happened. She has probably been harassed a lot by people thinking they can say or do what they want to her because we all heard about the cigar stories and her oral prowess.
(10-21-2017, 06:56 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-21-2017, 06:46 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]The thing is though, from what I know and have read she really wasn't a "victim".  It seems that I recall her purposely wanting to be in The Oval Office and with President Clinton at the time.  Of course she was young and dumb and spit some...  never mind on the famous "blue dress".  What I'm saying though is that a willing participant is not a "victim".

It's not the same.
She isn’t claiming Clinton was the offender. She didn’t say when her harassment/assault happened. She has probably been harassed a lot by people thinking they can say or do what they want to her because we all heard about the cigar stories and her oral prowess.

On the flip side, inarticulate pick up lines are now prosecuted as "word rape", so there's that.

You really think she was sexually harassed?  I think she found a very willing partner, thought it would be great to do, uh, you know, with the President of the United States, and now she's sorry she did it, and she wants to act the victim.
(10-22-2017, 10:00 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]

You really think she was sexually harassed?  I think she found a very willing partner, thought it would be great to do, uh, you know, with the President of the United States, and now she's sorry she did it, and she wants to act the victim.

You mean that extremely popular victimhood bandwagon that everyone is jumping on these days?
(10-22-2017, 10:08 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2017, 10:00 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]You really think she was sexually harassed?  I think she found a very willing partner, thought it would be great to do, uh, you know, with the President of the United States, and now she's sorry she did it, and she wants to act the victim.

You mean that extremely popular victimhood bandwagon that everyone is jumping on these days?

#metoo.
(10-22-2017, 10:00 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]

Again...she isn’t making any claims about who sexually harassed her. The author of that article just put in info about Clinton getting accused of harassment, not that Lewinsky is claiming it was him.

It might come as a surprise to you, but I don’t know one woman that doesn’t have a sexual harassment story of their own they can tell. Not one. Anything from dealing with inappropriate comments to much worse. Unfortunately we are so accustomed to it happening that many don’t see it for what it is. Harassment. Sit down and have a talk with your wife. I’m sure she can tell you stories about having to deal with embarrassing cat calls in public or having to fend off a boyfriend back in the day that just won’t take no for an answer, or maybe even something way worse.

It’s not about claiming “victimhood”, it’s about bringing to light something we as woman all have to deal with.
(10-22-2017, 11:34 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2017, 10:00 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]You really think she was sexually harassed?  I think she found a very willing partner, thought it would be great to do, uh, you know, with the President of the United States, and now she's sorry she did it, and she wants to act the victim.

Again...she isn’t making any claims about who sexually harassed her. The author of that article just put in info about Clinton getting accused of harassment, not that Lewinsky is claiming it was him.

It might come as a surprise to you, but I don’t know one woman that doesn’t have a sexual harassment story of their own they can tell. Not one. Anything from dealing with inappropriate comments to much worse. Unfortunately we are so accustomed to it happening that many don’t see it for what it is. Harassment. Sit down and have a talk with your wife. I’m sure she can tell you stories about having to deal with embarrassing cat calls in public or having to fend off a boyfriend back in the day that just won’t take no for an answer, or maybe even something way worse.

It’s not about claiming “victimhood”, it’s about bringing to light something we as woman all have to deal with.

Well, I agree, but geez, can't we have a little laugh?  It's Monica Lewinsky, for chrissakes.
(10-23-2017, 08:52 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2017, 11:34 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]Again...she isn’t making any claims about who sexually harassed her. The author of that article just put in info about Clinton getting accused of harassment, not that Lewinsky is claiming it was him.

Well, I agree, but geez, can't we have a little laugh?  It's Monica Lewinsky, for chrissakes.

Not really, I agree with Bch.  That girls life was turned upside down because of Clinton and he gets to continue to live his lavish lifestyle.  I actually feel really bad for her.
(10-23-2017, 09:15 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2017, 08:52 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I agree, but geez, can't we have a little laugh?  It's Monica Lewinsky, for chrissakes.

Not really, I agree with Bch.  That girls life was turned upside down because of Clinton and he gets to continue to live his lavish lifestyle.  I actually feel really bad for her.

You act like she's a weak-willed woman, subject to being misled by a man.  That's kind of sexist in a way.

Oh. My. Fricking. Gawd. 

There is something profoundly wrong with you.
(10-23-2017, 11:51 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]

Oh. My. Fricking. Gawd. 

There is something profoundly wrong with you.

I don’t know if he’s serious or not.
(10-22-2017, 11:34 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm not saying I disagree with you, but when you include "inappropriate comments" then who decides what is inappropriate? The New York Times? A Star Panel somewhere? Miss Manners? If you say the recipient of the comment gets to decide, then anyone could claim that "hello" is an inappropriate comment."

There's a huge difference between rape vs. words. It does no one a favor by conflating them into the same category.
Pages: 1 2