Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What do you collect?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have collected a few things throughout the years.  I have two now, but one main one.

The main one are LJN WWF wrestling figures from the 80's.  I have almost the complete set in pretty good condition.  I have a couple rare ones to go and added one that I needed last night.  (If anyone has any, pm me)

The second I just started and my son has gotten really into.  We bought some cheap Disney pins online and go to the parks and he loves to trade with the Disney employees.  I buy a pin when we go to visit as well.

Edit: I have a decent collection of Jags memorabilia, autographs, and random stuff as well.....as well as my Less Than Jake collection.
Guns. I have many. Ammo as well. I have thousands upon thousands of rounds. Some would call it a freakish hoard. Smile

Also, precious metals. I try to purchase at least two ounces of gold per year, silver and others when I see what I consider wise investments. No one calls this collection a freakish hoard. Big Grin

I do not display my collections.
Musical instruments and vinyl records.
Beer. But the 'collection' never lasts long.
(10-19-2017, 03:21 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]Beer. But the 'collection' never lasts long.

Unfortunately I fall into this same category.
(10-19-2017, 03:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Musical instruments and vinyl records.
Now that's interesting- how many musical instruments do you have? Do you have a "theme"- vintage, interesting styles/look or just anything?
Cigars and guns/ammo.
STD's
Hats though I hardly wear them

Camo t shirts

Da Rent!
(10-19-2017, 05:00 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]STD's

Which one is your favorite?  Laughing
(10-19-2017, 03:40 PM)PF* Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-19-2017, 03:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Musical instruments and vinyl records.
Now that's interesting- how many musical instruments do you have? Do you have a "theme"- vintage, interesting styles/look or just anything?

I probably only have about 9 or 10 instruments plus an assortment of recording equipment.  I purged much of my collection when I moved 2 years ago. 

The theme is mostly "functional" since music is my profession.  I do prefer vintage gear - or modern boutique makers of vintage designs. 

I just remembered -- I do collect one other thing.  When you perform at a music festival you receive an "artist badge" as your backstage credentials on a lanyard. I've kept a couple hundred of those over the years and counting.  They are in shoe boxes in my closet. 
It's silly-sentimental, I know,  but I think combing through them years from now will bring back a flood of memories from my travels.
Equity

In the words of Antonio Brown, "Business is Boomin"
(10-19-2017, 07:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-19-2017, 03:40 PM)PF* Wrote: [ -> ]Now that's interesting- how many musical instruments do you have? Do you have a "theme"- vintage, interesting styles/look or just anything?

I probably only have about 9 or 10 instruments plus an assortment of recording equipment.  I purged much of my collection when I moved 2 years ago. 

The theme is mostly "functional" since music is my profession.  I do prefer vintage gear - or modern boutique makers of vintage designs. 

I just remembered -- I do collect one other thing.  When you perform at a music festival you receive an "artist badge" as your backstage credentials on a lanyard. I've kept a couple hundred of those over the years and counting.  They are in shoe boxes in my closet. 
It's silly-sentimental, I know,  but I think combing through them years from now will bring back a flood of memories from my travels.
Not silly at all, I did a similar thing with matchbooks and with tickets to events, sporting or otherwise- I saved them for many years from all over. It's cool now to pull out the box of about 1000 matchbooks and look through them, many of them tell a story or recall a good time. I'm glad I kept them.

Funny, a sports ticket to one event is almost the same as to any sports event; a matchbook from a bar in Cheyenne, Wyoming brings back much more specific memories.
Lost canoeists.
(10-19-2017, 07:19 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Lost canoeists.
Daddy? Is it really you?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQH9m27JmzAoekOU16ASIW...dpfezcnYnA]
(10-19-2017, 07:31 PM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-19-2017, 07:19 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Lost canoeists.
Daddy? Is it really you?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQH9m27JmzAoekOU16ASIW...dpfezcnYnA]

Boy, I thought I told you to stay up on the porch.
Besides firearms my only other "collection" is probably weird to some people.

I'm an electronics/computer geek.  I have a lot of electronics test gear from the '70's, '80's and '90's which includes power supply's, oscilloscopes, multi-meters, etc.  

I also have a few vintage computers including an Altair 8800, a Commodore 64 and parts of a PDP-11.  I've been kind of watching for an original Apple 1, though it's not a high priority for me.  I'm not willing to shell out what some people are asking for them.  An Apple 2 is cool, but not really the same.
The souls of my victims.
I collect bills. I have several boxes of unopened bills in my garage.
I don't really collect anything. I just buy random [BLEEP] I don't need in all honesty. I picked up a cheap electric guitar, a didgeridoo, some paint and a few canvases to express my artistic freedom but then I found myself lacking the willpower to do any of that [BLEEP]. So technically it's collecting dust for the time being.
Pages: 1 2