Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What do you collect?

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2017, 01:06 PM by UCF Knight.)

I have collected a few things throughout the years.  I have two now, but one main one.

The main one are LJN WWF wrestling figures from the 80's.  I have almost the complete set in pretty good condition.  I have a couple rare ones to go and added one that I needed last night.  (If anyone has any, pm me)

The second I just started and my son has gotten really into.  We bought some cheap Disney pins online and go to the parks and he loves to trade with the Disney employees.  I buy a pin when we go to visit as well.

Edit: I have a decent collection of Jags memorabilia, autographs, and random stuff as well.....as well as my Less Than Jake collection.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Guns. I have many. Ammo as well. I have thousands upon thousands of rounds. Some would call it a freakish hoard. Smile

Also, precious metals. I try to purchase at least two ounces of gold per year, silver and others when I see what I consider wise investments. No one calls this collection a freakish hoard. Big Grin

I do not display my collections.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Musical instruments and vinyl records.

Beer. But the 'collection' never lasts long.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-19-2017, 03:21 PM)Rico Wrote: Beer. But the 'collection' never lasts long.

Unfortunately I fall into this same category.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(10-19-2017, 03:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Musical instruments and vinyl records.
Now that's interesting- how many musical instruments do you have? Do you have a "theme"- vintage, interesting styles/look or just anything?
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Cigars and guns/ammo.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

STD's
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Hats though I hardly wear them

Camo t shirts

Da Rent!
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(10-19-2017, 05:00 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: STD's

Which one is your favorite?  Laughing
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(10-19-2017, 03:40 PM)PF* Wrote:
(10-19-2017, 03:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Musical instruments and vinyl records.
Now that's interesting- how many musical instruments do you have? Do you have a "theme"- vintage, interesting styles/look or just anything?

I probably only have about 9 or 10 instruments plus an assortment of recording equipment.  I purged much of my collection when I moved 2 years ago. 

The theme is mostly "functional" since music is my profession.  I do prefer vintage gear - or modern boutique makers of vintage designs. 

I just remembered -- I do collect one other thing.  When you perform at a music festival you receive an "artist badge" as your backstage credentials on a lanyard. I've kept a couple hundred of those over the years and counting.  They are in shoe boxes in my closet. 
It's silly-sentimental, I know,  but I think combing through them years from now will bring back a flood of memories from my travels.

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2017, 07:08 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Equity

In the words of Antonio Brown, "Business is Boomin"

(10-19-2017, 07:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-19-2017, 03:40 PM)PF* Wrote: Now that's interesting- how many musical instruments do you have? Do you have a "theme"- vintage, interesting styles/look or just anything?

I probably only have about 9 or 10 instruments plus an assortment of recording equipment.  I purged much of my collection when I moved 2 years ago. 

The theme is mostly "functional" since music is my profession.  I do prefer vintage gear - or modern boutique makers of vintage designs. 

I just remembered -- I do collect one other thing.  When you perform at a music festival you receive an "artist badge" as your backstage credentials on a lanyard. I've kept a couple hundred of those over the years and counting.  They are in shoe boxes in my closet. 
It's silly-sentimental, I know,  but I think combing through them years from now will bring back a flood of memories from my travels.
Not silly at all, I did a similar thing with matchbooks and with tickets to events, sporting or otherwise- I saved them for many years from all over. It's cool now to pull out the box of about 1000 matchbooks and look through them, many of them tell a story or recall a good time. I'm glad I kept them.

Funny, a sports ticket to one event is almost the same as to any sports event; a matchbook from a bar in Cheyenne, Wyoming brings back much more specific memories.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Lost canoeists.

(10-19-2017, 07:19 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Lost canoeists.
Daddy? Is it really you?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQH9m27JmzAoekOU16ASIW...dpfezcnYnA]
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(10-19-2017, 07:31 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(10-19-2017, 07:19 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Lost canoeists.
Daddy? Is it really you?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQH9m27JmzAoekOU16ASIW...dpfezcnYnA]

Boy, I thought I told you to stay up on the porch.

Besides firearms my only other "collection" is probably weird to some people.

I'm an electronics/computer geek.  I have a lot of electronics test gear from the '70's, '80's and '90's which includes power supply's, oscilloscopes, multi-meters, etc.  

I also have a few vintage computers including an Altair 8800, a Commodore 64 and parts of a PDP-11.  I've been kind of watching for an original Apple 1, though it's not a high priority for me.  I'm not willing to shell out what some people are asking for them.  An Apple 2 is cool, but not really the same.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

The souls of my victims.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

I collect bills. I have several boxes of unopened bills in my garage.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

I don't really collect anything. I just buy random [BLEEP] I don't need in all honesty. I picked up a cheap electric guitar, a didgeridoo, some paint and a few canvases to express my artistic freedom but then I found myself lacking the willpower to do any of that [BLEEP]. So technically it's collecting dust for the time being.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."