Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Underwear bomber sues over treatment in federal prison
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Oh Boo Freaking Hoo.......

He's Nigerian, he HAS NO constitutional rights......

Underwear bomber sues over treatment in federal prison, claims rights are being violated

A Nigerian man who tried to blow up a Detroit-bound plane on Christmas Day eight years ago by carrying a bomb in his underwear has filed a lawsuit alleging his constitutional rights are being violated.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/23/und...lated.html
This will make an interesting legal brief.
The Eighth Amendment applies. If he is subject to cruel and unusual punishment, he has the right to have those conditions corrected. That does NOT entitle him to release.

Good God, I am happier every time he posts that Drifter isn't running this country.
You Know how fast I would Transfer him to Gitmo......

See how he likes it there.......
(10-23-2017, 04:43 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]The Eighth Amendment applies. If he is subject to cruel and unusual punishment, he has the right to have those conditions corrected. That does NOT entitle him to release.

Good God, I am happier every time he posts that Drifter isn't running this country.

When I read of reports of Mueller and Senate investigation leaks concerning Russian manipulation of social media, I think of The Drifter.
He's a terrorist who was caught in the act of trying to murder scores of people. Execute him. Why are we even paying to keep this guy alive? Unless he is in solitary, he's probably spewing his hatred of everything non-sharia to all the other inmates, possibly manipulating their minds as well.
(10-23-2017, 08:52 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]He's a terrorist who was caught in the act of trying to murder scores of people. Execute him. Why are we even paying to keep this guy alive? Unless he is in solitary, he's probably spewing his hatred of everything non-sharia to all the other inmates, possibly manipulating their minds as well.

Because of the Obummer DOJ rule of trying Terrorist in Civilian courts and not Military courts. That's why he's not in Gitmo or on Death Row.
(10-23-2017, 03:59 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]Oh Boo Freaking Hoo.......

He's Nigerian, he HAS NO constitutional rights......

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/23/und...lated.html

That is not true.  Courts have traditionally ruled that the Constitution applies even to non-citizens.

I'm not saying I sympathize with him at all. I'm just saying that you are incorrect when you allege that non-citizens don't have Constitutional rights. Courts have ruled that they do.