Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: LaCanfora Trashes Mularkey and the tacks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The only reason the Tacks retained Mike Mularkey was he familiarity with Marcus Mariota. I don't believe that is a good reason to retain an interim head coach because it is a 63-men roster excluding guys on IR and PUP. However, any suggestion Mularkey should be fired at this point in the season is stupid.
I for one support giving both Mularky and Pagano lifetime contracts
(10-25-2017, 11:18 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]I for one support giving both Mularky and Pagano lifetime contracts

Let me guess: You think if neither coach is rightfully fired, Doug Marrone will sweep both teams every year because he is guaranteed to stay in Jacksonville.
The Titans are 4-3 and tied for the lead in the AFC South. That's all that counts. The rest is pure speculation. Saying the coaching is a problem at the same time they are 4-3 and leading the division is the same as saying the personnel is fine, and that means everything is fixable.
So its Mularkeys fault that everyone thought the tacks would be better than they were?
Makes sense... since the Jags were supposed to be good LAST YEAR and obviously it was Gus holding back this team.

However...
I wouldn't put it all on Mularkey... Mariota was the #2 overall selection. If we can be critical of Blake, we can be critical of his play. He is NOT playing as well as last season. Why? Who knows... but the coach is the same as last year and everyone was singing praises.
(10-26-2017, 09:09 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]So its Mularkeys fault that everyone thought the tacks would be better than they were?
Makes sense... since the Jags were supposed to be good LAST YEAR and obviously it was Gus holding back this team.

However...
I wouldn't put it all on Mularkey... Mariota was the #2 overall selection. If we can be critical of Blake, we can be critical of his play. He is NOT playing as well as last season. Why? Who knows... but the coach is the same as last year and everyone was singing praises.
Agree completely, Mariota has really been getting a pass for his play this year, which is no where near last year. Maybe this is the same situation as Bortles with after 2015, where by the end of 16 he was starting to get on the hot seat. 

All I will say about Bortles is that he doesn't look like a franchise guy, but he is better than some other starters. Compared to most of the straight up Busts that are drafted at QB (Griffen, Osweiler, Ponder, Weeden etc) in the first round, he is at least a low teir starting QB. Which is a problem. He has us in the Tanninhill situation. Tannenhill is better than anything Miami had since Marino, but he isn't a real franchise QB. They are good enough that you almost have to keep them on, but don't seem good enough to take you to the SB.
(10-27-2017, 02:08 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-26-2017, 09:09 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]So its Mularkeys fault that everyone thought the tacks would be better than they were?

However...
Agree completely, Mariota has really been getting a pass for his play this year, which is no where near last year. Maybe this is the same situation as Bortles with after 2015, where by the end of 16 he was starting to get on the hot seat. 

All I will say about Bortles is that he doesn't look like a franchise guy, but he is better than some other starters. Compared to most of the straight up Busts that are drafted at QB (Griffen, Osweiler, Ponder, Weeden etc) in the first round, he is at least a low teir starting QB. Which is a problem. He has us in the Tanninhill situation. Tannenhill is better than anything Miami had since Marino, but he isn't a real franchise QB. They are good enough that you almost have to keep them on, but don't seem good enough to take you to the SB.

If Griffin didn't suffer that knee injury I think he has a better career. Maybe never an elite multi-playoff winning guy... But much better than the flame out that happened.
Bortles is playing better... but it still isn't quite what you'd expect from a 4th year player, imo. But if we see a gradual and consistent improvement over the last few games I could see it being a tough decision for Tom and Dave. I suspect if he strings together a bunch of 300 yard performances he'll actually earn a shot to hold down the job. But if he Jekyll and Hyde's all the way to the finish, he'll be done and we'll be starting over at QB.
(10-25-2017, 11:55 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-25-2017, 11:18 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]I for one support giving both Mularky and Pagano lifetime contracts

Let me guess: You think if neither coach is rightfully fired, Doug Marrone will sweep both teams every year because he is guaranteed to stay in Jacksonville.

Basically. They're both terrible, so the longer they stay, the better.
(10-27-2017, 12:04 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-25-2017, 11:55 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]Let me guess: You think if neither coach is rightfully fired, Doug Marrone will sweep both teams every year because he is guaranteed to stay in Jacksonville.

Basically. They're both terrible, so the longer they stay, the better.

LOL Yes, I would love to see Mularkey and Pagano finish out their contracts.
Even though they beat us, I don't see the tacks as a "potential juggernaut."

They still don't have the dominant pass rusher. Dodd has been a disappointment, biordering on bust. Orakpo only has 1.5 sacks this year and he will be 32 by season's end.

They have two stud tackles, a good stable of RBs, and a QB who may or may not develop into a franchise signal caller. Their WRs are okay at best.
(10-27-2017, 12:58 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]Even though they beat us, I don't see the tacks as a "potential juggernaut."

They still don't have the dominant pass rusher.  Dodd has been a disappointment, biordering on bust.  Orakpo only has 1.5 sacks this year and he will be 32 by season's end.  

They have two stud tackles, a good stable of RBs, and a QB who may or may not develop into a franchise signal caller.  Their WRs are okay at best.

They definitely haven't taken the step that a lot were suggesting they would.

What I still don't understand is the Mariota hype. People love him, one NFL list had him as the #8 QB, but he has a lower rating than Bortles this year.
Score was 6-3 tacks at half time. Our strength played to their strength and then after half time Bortles torpedoed the team. A more balanced playbook like the colts game would win us this division
Wow, he really takes mularkey and the tacks to the woodshed.

We'll know after the bungles if the team is heating up down the stretch of the season.
the 'horns face a tough one today....and the tacks next Sunday take on ravens team fresh off
a beat down of the 'phins.
Going to be an interesting.
Can't wait for our rematch with clots,'horns and tacks......we should be full steam by then.
(10-29-2017, 12:41 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: [ -> ]We'll know after the bungles if the team is heating up down the stretch of the season.
the 'horns face a tough one today....and the tacks next Sunday take on ravens team fresh off
a beat down of the 'phins.
Going to be an interesting.
Can't wait for our rematch with clots,'horns and tacks......we should be full steam by then.

We will be full steam long before the Tacks game.

However...

Its hard to play for a coach that limits him off so much. He puts out WRs on the field to block rather than catch. Mulsuckys offensive scheme is very predictable and has a history of being exposed within a year.
(11-09-2017, 12:56 AM)MariGOATa Wrote: [ -> ]

However...

Its hard to play for a coach that limits him off so much. He puts out WRs on the field to block rather than catch. Mulsuckys offensive scheme is very predictable and has a history of being exposed within a year.

It seems to be effective for you guys.  You went 9-7 last year, and you are sitting at 5-3 and first place so far this year.

Do you think that's in spite of Mularkey?

What kind of offense best suits your team's personnel? 

Better yet, what sort of offensive approach would you like to see the tacks employ, even if it means different personnel?
(11-09-2017, 12:59 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-09-2017, 12:56 AM)MariGOATa Wrote: [ -> ]Its hard to play for a coach that limits him off so much. He puts out WRs on the field to block rather than catch. Mulsuckys offensive scheme is very predictable and has a history of being exposed within a year.

It seems to be effective for you guys.  You went 9-7 last year, and you are sitting at 5-3 and first place so far this year.

Better yet, what sort of offensive approach would you like to see the tacks employ, even if it means different personnel?
The talent is overcoming these stubborn old coaches that run a 1970s scheme.

We should be 7-1 right now with the talent that Jon Robinson has brought here.

Our run game has been ineffiecent and yet Robturdakie calls the same up the middle plays that dont even work. They run stupid 6-7 oline formations, and give Mariota very little options. We hardly ever line up 3 WRs on the field.  The play calling has been flat out terrible.
(11-09-2017, 01:06 AM)MariGOATa Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-09-2017, 12:59 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]It seems to be effective for you guys.  You went 9-7 last year, and you are sitting at 5-3 and first place so far this year.

The talent is overcoming these stubborn old coaches that run a 1970s scheme.

We should be 7-1 right now with the talent that Jon Robinson has brought here.

Our run game has been ineffiecent and yet Robturdakie calls the same up the middle plays that dont even work. They run stupid 6-7 oline formations, and give Mariota very little options. We hardly ever line up 3 WRs on the field.  The play calling has been flat out terrible.

Okay...so what sort of offense should you have? 

A West Coast offense?

A Patriots style approach?

A Coryell based approach?
An offense that doesnt line up 3 TEs, 2 RBs,

Look, I am not gonna act like a Football genius, but it is embarrasing to sit at the top of Nissan Stadium and tell you if were gonna run the ball or throw just solely on formations.

Zero offense in any first half. Run 99.99% time on 1st down.Those weak [BLEEP] pitch/toss plays to Walker/Weems.

Exotic smashmouth is a joke. We ran a jet-sweep in the redzone to Walker. Lmao.
Pages: 1 2