Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Fight with Allen Robinson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Cant wait for this

Is this a physical therapy documentary?
(10-25-2017, 05:36 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]Is this a physical therapy documentary?

It is AR15 vs Connor McGregor in the octagon.
Arob in 2 by ko
Should be a good fight
Jags wouldn't waste time covering a guy who walks at the end of the year. AR15 gettin PAID $$$$
(10-25-2017, 06:37 PM)haveaseat Wrote: [ -> ]Jags wouldn't waste time covering a guy who walks at the end of the year. AR15 getting PAID $$$$

I can't imagine a scenario where Allen Robinson does not get a fat paycheck from Tom Coughlin.
(10-25-2017, 06:37 PM)haveaseat Wrote: [ -> ]Jags wouldn't waste time covering a guy who walks at the end of the year. AR15 gettin PAID $$$$

Franchise tag
(10-25-2017, 07:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-25-2017, 06:37 PM)haveaseat Wrote: [ -> ]Jags wouldn't waste time covering a guy who walks at the end of the year. AR15 gettin PAID $$$$

Franchise tag

We may need to tag Telvin Smith instead.
Franchise Tag ARob.
Dump Lee.
Sign another WR.

ARob, Hurns, Westbrook And FA. Leggo.
(10-25-2017, 07:35 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-25-2017, 07:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Franchise tag

We may need to tag Telvin Smith instead.

Wont happen
(10-25-2017, 07:35 PM)Frailbones Wrote: [ -> ]Franchise Tag ARob.
Dump Lee.
Sign another WR.

Lee will be a free agent, so we don't need to "dump" him.
(10-25-2017, 07:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-25-2017, 07:35 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]We may need to tag Telvin Smith instead.

Wont happen

Yup. The tag for an OLB is outrageous for one who plays the style of football Telvin does. As good as he is, 4-3 WLB do not get the top tier paychecks. They already said they were willing to tag ARob pre injury.

They won't let either of those two walk.
(10-25-2017, 07:35 PM)Frailbones Wrote: [ -> ]Franchise Tag ARob.
Dump Lee.
Sign another WR.

Yup.

Hopefully, there'll be a small hometown discount for Telvin since the defense has seemingly bonded so well this season. It's doubtful but hopefully.
(10-25-2017, 08:29 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-25-2017, 07:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Won't happen

Yup. The tag for an OLB is outrageous for one who plays the style of football Telvin does. As good as he is, 4-3 WLB do not get the top tier paychecks. They already said they were willing to tag ARob pre injury.

The idea that 4-3 OLBs don't get paid is nonsense. Fewer linebackers on the field makes each linebacker more important and some defensive coordinators have moved to a hybrid so not all schemes are strictly 4-3 or 3-4. How much a LB gets paid should be based solely on his performance, not the defensive scheme.
(10-25-2017, 09:00 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-25-2017, 08:29 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]Yup. The tag for an OLB is outrageous for one who plays the style of football Telvin does. As good as he is, 4-3 WLB do not get the top tier paychecks. They already said they were willing to tag ARob pre injury.

The idea that 4-3 OLBs don't get paid is nonsense. Fewer linebackers on the field makes each linebacker more important and some defensive coordinators have moved to a hybrid so not all schemes are strictly 4-3 or 3-4. How much a LB gets paid should be based solely on his performance, not the defensive scheme.

I didn't say they don't get paid. I said they don't get paid like a 3-4 pass rushing OLB such as Von Miller. Telvin's performance, however good, is not going to get paid like that.

The highest paid 43 OLB is Jamie Collins who makes $12.5 mil per year. Compared to the 34 OLB where you'd have to go to the 7th highest guy to be at that much. Tagging Telvin would pay him like $15 mil, making him the highest paid 43 OLB in the league. He's not getting tagged.
(10-25-2017, 09:11 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't say they don't get paid. I said they don't get paid like a 3-4 pass rushing OLB such as Von Miller. Telvin's performance, however good, is not going to get paid like that.

The highest paid 4-3 OLB is Jamie Collins who makes $12.5 mil per year. Compared to the 3-4 OLB where you'd have to go to the 7th highest guy to be at that much. Tagging Telvin would pay him like $15 mil, making him the highest paid 4-3 OLB in the league. He's not getting tagged.

Well, Von Miller is the best OLB and demanded to be the highest-paid defensive player with the first three years guaranteed. What is the average salary for a 3-4 OLB not believed to be elite at his position?

There is another option: the transition tag. We have enough money to match any team's offer, which can be in the $12 million range.
(10-25-2017, 09:43 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-25-2017, 09:11 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't say they don't get paid. I said they don't get paid like a 3-4 pass rushing OLB such as Von Miller. Telvin's performance, however good, is not going to get paid like that.

The highest paid 4-3 OLB is Jamie Collins who makes $12.5 mil per year. Compared to the 3-4 OLB where you'd have to go to the 7th highest guy to be at that much. Tagging Telvin would pay him like $15 mil, making him the highest paid 4-3 OLB in the league. He's not getting tagged.

Well, Von Miller is the best OLB and demanded to be the highest-paid defensive player with the first three years guaranteed. What is the average salary for a 3-4 OLB not believed to be elite at his position?

There is another option: the transition tag. We have enough money to match any team's offer, which can be in the $12 million range.

If you're going to Transition tag him just to match the offer, then just pay him. You can only use the franchise or transition tag in a given year. You can't Franchise ARob and transition Telvin.

The LB franchise tag is going to pay the average of the top 5 highest paid LBs regardless of scheme fit. So to tag Telvin, you'd be paying him the average of the top five LB. All of which make more than the highest paid 43 OLB. It doesn't make sense to use. Telvin will command 10-12 mil at his position, the tag puts him at least $3 mil over that.
I wouldn't worry about contracts or tags at this point in the season.
(10-25-2017, 10:02 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't worry about contracts or tags at this point in the season.

I wouldn't either, but if it has to be done in season, the bye week is a good time.

And now for some breaking news . . . We don't need to put a tag on him!
Pages: 1 2