Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This Week in the AFC South-Week 9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The Jaguars bye week came at a very good time, as it enabled guys like Leonard Fournette, Brandon Linder, and possibly Cam Robinson to get healthy enough to play and be effective enough to play against Cincy.  That's the routine bye week for the most part-injured players get healthier .  But the bye week ended in anything but routine fashion, as the Jaguars made a trade before the trade deadline to acquire Pro bowl DT Marcell Dareus from Buffalo for a conditional 6th round pick that could go as high as a 5th.  While Houston did not share the Jaguars' bye week, last week was quite eventful for the Texans, as several players walked out of practice after a meeting with Texans' owner Bob McNair, who apparently said something in a way that didn't sit too well with several players, including LT Duane Brown, who just ended his holdout of 8 weeks.  Most of the team knelt during the anthem as in protest of McNair, then proceeded to play, by most accounts, an instant classic of a game against Seattle.  The next day, the Texans traded Duane Brown to Seattle for 2nd and third round picks.  I think that is a case of McNair wanting to get rid of a disgruntled player, because otherwise it makes ZERO sense to declare you just found your franchise QB after going your franchise's entire existence without one, then trade away the stud LT whose job it is to protect him.  I think at least in the short term, the Jaguars got better and the Texans got worse.  The bye week/trade deadline time frame was uneventful for the tacks, and while there was a lot of speculation that the Colts were willing to deal WR T.Y. Hilton or CB Vontae Davis, nothing materialized on either of those areas, leaving the Colts unchanged and in last place.  On a board/personal note, I was finally able to get my record above .500 for the first time.   Let's hope I can stay there after this week.

Bengals (3-4) at Jaguars (4-3)-At face value, the Jaguars seem to match up very well against the Bengals.  The Bengals seemingly have struggled with their offensive line after foolishly letting Whitworth leave.  Meanwhile the Jaguars have an excellent pass rushing line, and seemingly have bolstered the run defense with the addition of Dareus.  The Bengals have stud WR A.J. Green at WR and seemingly little else, as speedy first round pick Ross has yet to make an impact with them.  Opposing them is a Jaguars secondary which could easily be considered among the top three secondaries in the game this year along with Denver and Seattle.  Offensively, the Jaguars run the ball very well, while the Bengals are middle of the road stopping the run.  I think this Jaguars team is very confident going into this game, and I think the Jaguars win a close game 21-13.

Colts (2-6) at Texans (3-4)-I indicated above the Texans did not improve themselves by trading away their stud LT.  It's not going to matter against the Colts, who are completely incapable of stopping the red hot DeShaun Watson.  The return of WR Will Fuller has added a whole new dimension to that Texans passing game.  Texans win 27-13.  Edit:  With the news that the Texans have lost DeShaun Watson for the year with a torn ACL, that changes things for them.  I'm not sure how much this team can take this year.  The hurricane, the suspension of Cushing, the season ending injuries to Watt and Mercilus, the meeting with McNair and the trade of Duane Brown...now this.  I think despite all of that, they are still better than the Colts, but they will be devastated by this. What saves them this week is they are home.  Texans win 17-14.

Ravens (4-4) at tacks (4-3)-The Ravens go into this game with Flacco suffering from a concussion after a vicious hit from Kiko Alonso.  If he doesn't play, that will leave Ryan Mallet to play in his place.  I don't think the Ravens have enough on either side of the ball to win this game.  Tennessee wins 23-16.

Last week:  2-0
Overall: 12-11
Jags over bungles
tinhorns over clots
Ravens over tacks

Last week 2-0
13-11 overall
My picks for this week.

Jaguars
Texans
Titans <- I may change this if Flacco does play.

Last week 2-0
Overall 16-8
Jaguars over Bengals
Texans over Colts
Titans over Ravens

2-0 last week
18-6 overall
(11-01-2017, 10:08 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]My picks for this week.

Jaguars
Texans

Last week 2-0
Overall 16-8

I believe I read where Harbaugh said Flacco is having no symptoms and he believes he will play
(11-01-2017, 10:56 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2017, 10:08 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]My picks for this week.

Jaguars
Texans

Last week 2-0
Overall 16-8

I believe I read where Harbaugh said Flacco is having no symptoms and he believes he will play

I've heard the same.  Titans are expecting Flacco to play.  Was a nasty hit he took though.
I wouldn't be surprised if Fournette and Robinson both are still out this week.

I'll take the Jags, tacks, and texans.

Jaguars should win if Fournette is healthy enough to play like he's capable of. If Fournette doesn't play I could see this one being an 11-9 kind of game.

Ravens should probably be able to beat the titans, but it would be the Jaguars luck to have the titans squeak out another one.

Texans aren't perfect, but they should be good enough to take the colts to the woodshed.
(11-01-2017, 10:56 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]I believe I read where Harbaugh said Flacco is having no symptoms and he believes he will play.

That is correct.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-vs-titans
(11-01-2017, 01:10 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't be surprised if Fournette and Robinson both are still out this week.

I'll take the Jags, tacks, and texans.

Jaguars should win if Fournette is healthy enough to play like he's capable of. If Fournette doesn't play I could see this one being an 11-9 kind of game.

Ravens should probably be able to beat the titans, but it would be the Jaguars luck to have the titans squeak out another one.

Texans aren't perfect, but they should be good enough to take the colts to the woodshed.
I'd be surprised if they both don't play considering they are practicing today.
(11-01-2017, 01:47 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]I'd be surprised if they both don't play considering they are practicing today.

That does not mean much if they are both limited.
(11-01-2017, 01:55 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2017, 01:47 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]I'd be surprised if they both don't play considering they are practicing today.

That does not mean much if they are both limited.
It actually means a lot.
(11-01-2017, 02:34 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2017, 01:55 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]That does not mean much if they are both limited.

It actually means a lot.

Being limited in the first practice is less meaningful than being limited during the last practice. We will have a better idea on Friday if Cam Robinson has a good chance of playing this Sunday.

I went back to figure out what my total record is because what I typed earlier did not add up to 24 games. It is still looking good at 15-9.
(11-01-2017, 03:17 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2017, 02:34 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]It actually means a lot.

Being limited in the first practice is less meaningful than being limited during the last practice. We will have a better idea on Friday if Cam Robinson has a good chance of playing this Sunday.

I went back to figure out what my total record is because what I typed earlier did not add up to 24 games. It is still looking good at 15-9.
If he is limited today, it means he was healthy enough to do some activities. Which means, unless he has a set back, he should be good to continue practicing tomorrow and Friday.

I'd have been concerned if they were still held out today and tomorrow.
(11-01-2017, 03:46 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]If he is limited today, it means he was healthy enough to do some activities. Which means, unless he has a set back, he should be good to continue practicing tomorrow and Friday.

I'd have been concerned if they were still held out today and tomorrow.

Sometimes players are limited all week and they are expected to play. Other times they are limited all week and expected to sit. The question is how limited are they, and what were they held out of? I get concerned when a player is FP one day and LP the next.
12-4 overlall.

this week i will go with

Texans

Tittians-i keep picking them to lose,maybe if i pick them to win they will lose.

Jags game is a very hard one to pick this week. winless in jacksonville this season,keep loseing to the bad teams who have thier starting qb. afterall jags lost to 0-1 tittians,and lost to the 1 win jets. at the time jets had only won the one game. The bengals have a loseing record this season which makes them look like a bad team. They are still a good team so with that being said im going to take the Jags.
The Jaguars break the up-down pattern with a win at home. 24-17
clots start to wake up in a close one
the birds are angry and take it out on the tacks
Last Week: 2-0
Overall: 15-9

My picks:
Jaguars
Texans
Titans
2-0 last week, 16-8 overall.

Jaguars over Bengals. Better coaching, the best pass D in the league, and the best rushing offense don't bode well for the Bungles.

Texans over Indy. I seriously hope the clots can somehow manage to win this one, but I really don't see it happening.

Ravens over tacks. I think Harbaugh will have them ready to play. If the tacks show up the way they did vs. the Browns, this is a blowout in favor of Baltimore.
(11-02-2017, 02:02 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: [ -> ]2-0 last week, 16-8 overall.

Jaguars over Bengals.  Better coaching, the best pass D in the league, and the best rushing offense don't bode well for the Bungles.

Texans over Indy.  I seriously hope the clots can somehow manage to win this one, but I really don't see it happening.

Ravens over tacks.  I think Harbaugh will have them ready to play.  If the tacks show up the way they did vs. the Browns, this is a blowout in favor of Baltimore.

The Tacks probably will show up like they did against a team that is better than the Ratbirds, or perhaps look like it because Baltimore is terrible.
Watson out for the rest of the year changes everything in this division.
Pages: 1 2 3