Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Luck to IR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Officially shut down for the year. Smart move by them, he'd get murdered behind that line.
Smartest move the clots have made all season
(11-02-2017, 02:05 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]Officially shut down for the year. Smart move by them, he'd get murdered behind that line.

What QB is at the top of the draft? Haven't we seen this movie before? Only partially kidding.

The real question is whether Luck will come back. An injury taking 6 months longer to rehab than expected, especially on an athlete would have me worried as a GM. But with a guy as good as Luck, what can you do? Trade him? Your gonna lose alot then.
(11-02-2017, 02:11 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-02-2017, 02:05 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]Officially shut down for the year. Smart move by them, he'd get murdered behind that line.

What QB is at the top of the draft? Haven't we seen this movie before? Only partially kidding.

The real question is whether Luck will come back. An injury taking 6 months longer to rehab than expected, especially on an athlete would have me worried as a GM. But with a guy as good as Luck, what can you do? Trade him? Your gonna lose alot then.

Nah, they are fully invested in Luck for another season at least, imo.

You hope he heals up and maybe get some really good OL guys at the top of each round. He could also use a legit weapon at RB (although I'm hearing Marlon Mack is gonna be good)

Knowing the clots though... they'll draft a WR in the top 5 and then follow it with a couple soft LBs or DBs in rounds 2 and 3. And Luck will have the same shotty OL lol
Looks like jduh was wrong again
(11-02-2017, 02:15 PM)Pdiddy Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like jduh was wrong again

Say it ain't so...
But but but ALL the reports say he hopes to play this season

This is IMPOSSIBLE
(11-02-2017, 02:15 PM)Pdiddy Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like jduh was wrong again

What a shocker.
Anyways colts still trash
(11-02-2017, 02:13 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-02-2017, 02:11 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: [ -> ]What QB is at the top of the draft? Haven't we seen this movie before? Only partially kidding.

You hope he heals up and maybe get some really good OL guys at the top of each round. He could also use a legit weapon at RB (although I'm hearing Marlon Mack is gonna be good)

Knowing the clots though... they'll draft a WR in the top 5 and then follow it with a couple soft LBs or DBs in rounds 2 and 3. And Luck will have the same shotty OL lol

What are the chances something magically gets better in the offseason that didn't get better all of last offseason. This injury has had as long as any injury to heal and the Colts even admitted they don't know whats wrong with his shoulder. We could have seen the last of him in the NFL. He's already made almost $90 million and has a degree from Stanford if he wants to escape the NFL with his brain intact. 

Is it likely? Probably not? Is it a real possibility? I think so
(11-02-2017, 02:13 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-02-2017, 02:11 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: [ -> ]What QB is at the top of the draft? Haven't we seen this movie before? Only partially kidding.

Thinking they go with Barkley if SF doesn't grab him 1st. 

Teams have to see what Fournette has done with taking the pressure off a QB even with a sketchy OL (they have done great but pre-season many thought they were still pretty bad).
Should have made this call 4 weeks ago. Least we know for a fact who to prep for when that time comes.
Why didn't they keep him on PUP to start the season?
(11-02-2017, 03:02 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]Why didn't they keep him on PUP to start the season?

You were soooooooo sure you were right.  Laughing
(11-02-2017, 03:25 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-02-2017, 03:02 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]Why didn't they keep him on PUP to start the season?

You were soooooooo sure you were right.  Laughing

Consider this: If the Colts had kept Andrew Luck on PUP through Week 6 (they took him off prior to the regular season), he would not have started practicing again until last week. A recent setback followed his limited practices after Week 6. So it is conceivable (not proven, of course) that he would have continued to improve if they had kept him on the PUP list. I am not claiming to know anything, but it would have been safer than going week to week all season.
I mean why bring him back this season at this point?
(11-02-2017, 03:35 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-02-2017, 03:25 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]You were soooooooo sure you were right.  Laughing

Consider this: If the Colts had kept Andrew Luck on PUP through Week 6 (they took him off prior to the regular season), he would not have started practicing again until last week. A recent setback followed his limited practices after Week 6. So it is conceivable (not proven, of course) that he would have continued to improve if they had kept him on the PUP list. I am not claiming to know anything, but it would have been safer than going week to week all season.

You claimed to know that they would NOT put him on IR no matter how many times I explained to you how you were misinterpreting their statements.  You argued for a half a thread to me even though I explained you were only reading PART of the GMs statement.  So yes you did CLAIM to know something.  You do it all the time that's why you annoy so many posters...myself included.

And, I am now done with this thread as well.
(11-02-2017, 03:25 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]You were soooooooo sure you were right.  Laughing

Consider this. The nature of his injury was basically test it out and either he somehow can play or it's too severe to play for a LONG time. They tested it out. He couldn't even get though a light  practice and you somehow thought he would play soon

Consider this. The nature of his injury was basically test it out and either he somehow can play or it's too severe to play for a LONG time. They tested it out. He couldn't even get though a light  practice and you somehow thought he would play soon
he's done. He'll now have the arm strength of chad pennington.
(11-02-2017, 03:51 PM)Pdiddy Wrote: [ -> ]Consider this. The nature of his injury was basically test it out and either he somehow can play or it's too severe to play for a LONG time. They tested it out. He couldn't even get though a light  practice and you somehow thought he would play soon.

Chris Ballard said they want to do everything to prevent a setback . . . after Andrew Luck had one. If that was their thinking when Luck was practicing, why was he allowed to do any throwing a couple weeks ago?
Pages: 1 2