Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Robinson-Omameh-Shatley-Linder-Parnell
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I feel like this is the best line up that we should move forward with.  Linder looked as good as ever back at RG and Shatley seems to get better at C every game.  Thoughts on your prefered starting oline?
I like linder better as a guard, but he is a good center. Kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place
Noticed Parnell get nicked today. Any word on that?
(11-05-2017, 09:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Noticed Parnell get nicked today. Any word on that?

Didn't see anything, but he walked off under his own power, so probably nothing serious.
(11-05-2017, 09:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Noticed Parnell get nicked today. Any word on that?

No word but he walked off the field so I think he will be ready next week.

Cam got hurt too but he came back out
Please leave the line like this. Shatley played well again. Keep Linder at guard, sorry Cann, head to the bench.
Good problem to have
Don't worry. Shatley has played good enough to force Cann to the bench. Linder will be your right guard.

Like he said, good problem to have.
(11-05-2017, 10:58 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't worry. Shatley has played good enough to force Cann to the bench. Linder will be your right guard.

Like he said, good problem to have.

I hope so.
True test is this upcoming week. This will be a tough one.
(11-05-2017, 11:07 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]True test is this upcoming week. This will be a tough one.

It'll be a test, but Los Angeles' strengths are on the outside (Bosa and Ingram). Hopefully both our tackles, who got banged up today, are ready for the challenge.
NFL.com reported that Parnell was injured (undisclosed) and that Robinson reinjured the ankle. Will have to keep an eye on their practice status this week.

(also Fowler injured his elbow and did not return to play)
After all the doubts and complaining this offseason to the product we are now seeing, I have no opinion on the matter and have 100% trust in Marrone, he's worked magic. I love this season! Still a little pissed about the Jets game but we are in good shape.
Tad Dickman‏ @Tdickman89  13m13 minutes ago

The @Jaguars O-Line held their opponents without a sack for the third time in 2017, tied for the most such games in a season since 2007. – at EverBank Field

[Image: DN9V7isXcAAu69s.jpg]
This should have been the line up since day 1. Linder is pro bowl as a center but all pro as a guard. I now the only issue is we won’t have a back up center but maybe this is the time of year you make that change and make a push.

No sacks given up again. This line is playing top 5
Agreed, nice problem to have (Linder's flexibility). I worry because Linder gets injured/nicked every year, so Cann (OG) and Reed (OG or another Center) surely are trusted along with swing tackle Wells.

What's with the two OL who are on the active roster but have never even suited up for a game?
(11-06-2017, 11:39 AM)Boo Bradley Wrote: [ -> ]What's with the two OL who are on the active roster but have never even suited up for a game?

Poehls is a  September waive from Chicago's PS and we picked him up just before the reg season when Omameh was struggling a bit. Of course Omameh recovered well since then. 

Walker is a former colt back-up lineman.

How long is Shatley under contract?
(11-06-2017, 03:07 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: [ -> ]How long is Shatley under contract?

Through 2018. He's a UFA in 2019. 

Was on a 3 year UDFA deal and signed a two year extension. He'll make 800K next year.
any word if Cann is back at RG this week?
Pages: 1 2