Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Did anyone see "Indisputable evidence" to overturn Gipson TD?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I didn't....
He was laying on the running backs leg when he recovered the ball.
(11-12-2017, 07:51 PM)wpbjagsfan Wrote: [ -> ]He was laying on the running backs leg when he recovered the ball.

That’s what I saw as well, all though I feel the overwhelming majority of the time, they let the player jump up and return that.
No and neither did they. I’m sure the NFL called down and forced that one. The chances of them having a better angle than we had is slim to none. Should have stayed as called.
It's indisputable that upholding the call would've helped the Jaguars.
No, it was bs
Looked like he was laying against Dareus’s(?) legs since he was on top of runner.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/11/12/1664...e-what-lol
the TD would've given jags the lead 21 to 17 at that time. my question though is its same thing that happened to us when powell from the jets got touched,got up,and ran it in for a td. they didn't call that back. my question is what was the difference?
The refs were awful today more so than usual. I don’t typically like to blame refs for lost games or potentially lost games, but today was unbelievable. Called back fumble return for a TD and a missed blatant PI against Telvin are just a couple of mind blowers that I can remember off the top of my head. Glad we came away with the W. I think this is a checked box for this team this season, win in the face of adversity. Let’s go Jags!!
I am waiting for GamePass to have the replay, to look at that. I did not see indisputable evidence to reverse the call on the field.
The only player touched was just prior to the actual recovery. Gipson was getting off the player to recover the ball.
Female Ref
Gipson was on the RBs leg when he recovered it. It was clear on at least 2 of the replays shown on TV. Unfortunate, but it was a correct overturn.

That doesn't change the fact that the refs were terrible all game, though.
The fact that we’re disputing it proves it wasn’t indisputable.
I saw no "down by contact". One Charger halfway grabbed Gipson AFTER he got back up. That call was complete and utter bs and just straight up bailed the Chargers out. A lot of crap will be swept under the rug because we ended up winning the game but most of the game was very poorly managed. Our players need to keep their heads. I get they play with a lot of passion and emotion but there is no reason to wiggle dance in front of a defender because he got a flag. This isn't street ball.
There was an angle opposite the TV camera angle where you couldn't see it because a body was in the way, but the way Gipson and a Charger both dove for the ball there is almost no chance they didn't hit helmets or shoulder pads briefly.

It wasn't enough to overturn it because like I said there was a body in the way, but I think he honestly was touched in reality.
(11-12-2017, 08:27 PM)Diz Wrote: [ -> ]Gipson was on the RBs leg when he recovered it.  It was clear on at least 2 of the replays shown on TV.  Unfortunate, but it was a correct overturn.

That doesn't change the fact that the refs were terrible all game, though.

I saw him touch someone but not after gaining control over the ball.
Didn't see it. Hope the reviewing panel gets hammered on this.
Yeah the refs were just continuing on their journey to help screw us over but failed miserably!
We need these LA teams in the playoffs dammit
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6