Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Injury Talk after Chargers game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hurns left on crutches today.  Hopefully he isnt out for to long.  The last catch where he crawled off the field might of saved us the game, tough as nails.   The injuries are starting to pile up on offense!

They may not have a choice but to activate Westbrook at this point.
(11-12-2017, 08:16 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]They may not have a choice but to activate Westbrook at this point.

yep, i think he will be ready

I wouldn't mind seeing Mickens in the slot some as well if Hurns is out. Mickens is so quick
if he walked out on criuthes hes done for the season.
(11-12-2017, 08:22 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]if he walked out on criuthes hes done for the season.

Not necessarily. Often this happens as a precaution.
Could just be to keep weight off to maximize healing speed? If he didn't tear or break anything he'll be back sooner or later. Hurns gets dinged up a lot of his receptions. Not to this degree but it is quite often actually.
(11-12-2017, 08:22 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]if he walked out on criuthes hes done for the season.

Not necessarily
We have some big injury news after this game. Hopefully Westbrook can sub in for Hurns but I feel that's asking a lot considering he's been out of football for a couple of months and is a rookie. We also need to bring in a long snapper. Fournette was gimpy the entire 2nd half and saw limited action. The Chargers played a stout game defensively. I hate our current offensive line rotation. Wells and Shatley were abused the entire day. Linder at Center just doesn't look right. I hope we draft a true Center and move Linder back over to Guard.
(11-12-2017, 08:34 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: [ -> ]We have some big injury news after this game. Hopefully Westbrook can sub in for Hurns but I feel that's asking a lot considering he's been out of football for a couple of months and is a rookie. We also need to bring in a long snapper. Fournette was gimpy the entire 2nd half and saw limited action. The Chargers played a stout game defensively. I hate our current offensive line rotation. Wells and Shatley were abused the entire day. Linder at Center just doesn't look right. I hope we draft a true Center and move Linder back over to Guard.

We definitely feel it when our starters are out. We don't think it's going to be that bad until it happens.
um, that hit on hurns looked season ending.. the fact he got up to crawl off shows great heart by him

his knee is likely done Sad
(11-12-2017, 09:06 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: [ -> ]um, that hit on hurns looked season ending.. the fact he got up to crawl off shows great heart by him

Lol, possible but you also said Cam was done
Hopefully Mickens can step up. Guy seems to have an edge to his game and I loved when he came into the game with no clue what the play was and got like 15 yards for a 1st down.
(11-12-2017, 09:06 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: [ -> ]um, that hit on hurns looked season ending.. the fact he got up to crawl off shows great heart by him

Hes in a ankle boot in the video. Its not probably not the knee.
I know Hurns left on crutches.. anyone got info on anything else?

Omemah got replaced in the 2nd half, was that due to injury or ineffectiveness?

Someone said Fournette was gimpy but I didnt see that.. anyone else?
(11-12-2017, 09:10 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: [ -> ]

Hes in a ankle boot in the video. Its not probably not the knee.

In a ankle boot but knee is likely done? ha

He said Cam was done too
With Benn leaving the game early and not returning with a knee injury, and Hurns going down late with the ankle injury, there's no doubt that we'll be seeing Dede activated this week.  Seeing Hurns leave on crutches and with a boot on is a bad sign.  I'd imagine he's down at least 2-4 weeks, as long as it's just sprained.  With the knee injury for Benn, you just hope for the best, but obviously worst case scenario he could be put on the IR.  Here's to hoping that Dede has been staying up to speed with the playbook and everything else that he possibly could with his injury.  I'm pretty sure next week we'll see in our 3 receiver sets Lee, Cole, and Dede running in the slot, with Mickens being #4.
They may activate Westbrook and Strong.

They may need to bring Pinkard up from the PS to have enough reserve players available.

Remember Lee has been playing through a knee injury for three weeks now. He may be one bad hit away from missing time as well.

Depth is currently something like:

Lee/Cole/Westbrook/Mickens/Strong - (Pinkard and Crockett on the PS.)

Would have been nice to have Greene or Wynn available. So many receiver injuries this year. Ugh.
(11-12-2017, 09:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]

Lol, possible but you also said Cam was done

I dont remember saying that about cam?  I said it about Allen Robinson

(11-12-2017, 09:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2017, 09:10 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: [ -> ]Hes in a ankle boot in the video. Its not probably not the knee.

In a ankle boot but knee is likely done? ha

He said Cam was done too

you are right it was his ankle thats a great sign, live it looked like a knee, they didnt show a replay

i dont remember saying cam was done though, if I did then I was wrong

I did say it about robinson tho
Really hope he is ok. I'm all for seeing Westbrook out there but Hurns has some serious guts.

The hit was really nasty. I don't think you can try to hit someone like that and not expect to injure them.

Hurns crawling off the field probably saved the game at that point.
I bet Hurns plays Sunday. Dude has proved he's tough.

You don't trade away guys like that
Pages: 1 2