Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Walter’s really having a hard time accepting a winning Jaguars team...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
“Jacksonville Jaguars: The Jaguars prevailed over the Chargers because Los Angeles made so many mistakes. Jacksonville had just one legitimate scoring drive in that contest. The team also had a nice win over a lethargic Cincinnati team that couldn't pressure the quarterback or get off the field on third down. Plus, the result would've likely been 16-7 if it weren't for a punt return, which is obviously less impressive than 23-7. Blake Bortles still sucks, his receivers are pedestrian, and his offensive line is not good. The Jaguars are just an average team, and they remind me of the Giants from 2016. They're overachieving, and they're likely going to make the playoffs, but they'll lose in the postseason right away and will win just 3-4 games next year once things stop going their way.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/nflpicks2017_1...z4yNUD6YZ3 “
What is walters handle on this board again, I swear I know him.
That guy is delusional
What a complete and utter moron.
Proly lost a lot of money taking the “easy” bet against the jag lol
While his 1990 Dreamweaver developed site is entertaining to read, one has to seriously begin to think Blake Bottles may have had a physical relationship with Walt's mother. It's really the only explanation.
Oh, you mean, defenses play the game too? And can create "mistakes"? WOW. Novelty idea from Walter, who can credit LA for creating turnovers but not us, huh? Funny how with certain "analysts" its a one way street when teams impose their will on either side of the ball. You don't say, wait, Special teams can score touchdowns too? Wow. I guess Devin Hester was just an utter joke, and all the games he helped win are all equally invalid? Wow. I mean this guy is a visionary of the sport!

On a serious note, its football for crying out loud! Anyone can score, and the objective is to WIN. And we won, we can't control who the opponents are or how well they play. San Diego is a decent ball team and they neutralized our offense because we are hurt on the O line and WR, and our RB was coming off of 4 weeks off, the fact we are won in the fashion we did, speaks volumes to the talent level on defense and our special teams. Get a grip Walter football, you suck!
This guy truly always hates on the Jags. It is weird. Must be a Tack fan or something. I gotta start paying attention to rival teams commentary.... though I do like his mocks.
Nobody takes Walter seriously so he makes asinine comments like thisnto get clicks. He's the skip bayless of online football analysis.
Wow, bitter much?
Congratulations on the win over the chargers. I honestly thought the jags would crap out on that one. Who cares how you win. Winning is the only stat that matters.
(11-14-2017, 02:05 AM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations on the win over the chargers. I honestly thought the jags would crap out on that one. Who cares how you win. Winning is the only stat that matters.

The great thing about the win is that that this is a game we would have lost the last few years.  Good teams find a way to win even when they don't play their best.
Walter has hated the Jags ever since the first time I went on his site 5 or 6 years ago. The guy is a joke and don't even k ow most teams needs
Yet, Walter has the Jags picking 25th in his 2018 mock draft..
Hey there are some truths in what he is saying. Lets hope the QB and WRs can get better for the long haul. I've been impressed with the OLine even with the rotation of players. The Bengals and Chargers have strong Dlines and they made it tough for us. Winning is tough sledding sometimes and it is great we pulled it out.
(11-14-2017, 12:42 AM)jrvegeeta Wrote: [ -> ]“Jacksonville Jaguars: The Jaguars prevailed over the Chargers because Los Angeles made so many mistakes. Well, yes they made some mistakes. But the Jags defense also made plays. 

Jacksonville had just one legitimate scoring drive in that contest.
Actually, that's true.  However. If your ST can't defend a direct snap fake punt we've already put on film twice, well....  C'mon now. 

The team also had a nice win over a lethargic Cincinnati team that couldn't pressure the quarterback or get off the field on third down. Cincinnati was dominated and demoralized by a powerhouse Jaguars defense. 

Plus, the result would've likely been 16-7 if it weren't for a punt return, which is obviously less impressive than 23-7.  Delicious salty tears, Walter.  Keep 'em coming, hater.  

Blake Bortles still sucks, his receivers are pedestrian, and his offensive line is not good.
Well, Blake does still suck at times, but he's doing it markedly less often at least. And in between those moments he's actually playing pretty darn well. Lucky he didn't have 4 picks in that game though. The receivers without A-Rob are fairly pedestrian. Lee has two TDs in two games though and despite some ugly drops - he's being productive on a bad knee. The line is actually legit good when healthy and not chock full of back ups. They were not good on Sunday.

The Jaguars are just an average team, and they remind me of the Giants from 2016. They're overachieving, and they're likely going to make the playoffs, but they'll lose in the postseason right away and will win just 3-4 games next year once things stop going their way.
More hater salt.  The Jags are about four players away from being a perennial contender for the AFC title, IMO.  Things aren't "going their way" they are winning in with a smash-mouth run game and a stifling defense. They'll need their O-Line to get healthy to continue doing that or they'll need to depend on Blake more often. That will work out vs some of the opponents on the schedule, but matches up poorly with others. 

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/nflpicks2017_1...z4yNUD6YZ3 “

He's not totally wrong. But he's wrong quite a bit there.
^^ Exactly his agenda and doubt comes through but he does score some points. We have a decade of futility so it is going to take time to get over that. I hope we can continue and progress.
What mistakes did the Chargers even make? Malik made a really nice play causing the fumble, Ekeler didnt just drop the handoff. Bouye made a really nice play taking the ball away from Benjamin on the INT. Maybe I'm biased but I see those turnovers as us making plays, not the Chargers making mistakes. Heck, same with the fake punt. Grant made a few guys miss to take it to the house.
(11-14-2017, 10:28 AM)JNev Wrote: [ -> ]What mistakes did the Chargers even make?

They let a team run a fake punt that that has been put on film twice in the past 4 months. 

They dropped two easy picks on defense. 

The safety thought he'd sealed the game with a pick and didn't bother to return it for positive yards. 

They went ultra conservative on a drive late in the game instead of trying to win. 

Rivers pick to Bouye in overtime was an underthrown ball.  The coverage was good and may have held up on a good pass as well, but it was underthrown. 

They had 3 or 4 stupid penalties as well to help us out. 

Your point about our team making plays vs them making mistakes is valid on a couple of these, though.
Must be a tack fan
Pages: 1 2