Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Rate each offensive lineman.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I think rebuilding our OL needs to be the top priority next year.  So who stays, and who gets replaced?

My thought is Linder definitely stays - at center. Other than that, I'm not sure.

What say you?

I agree...I think everyone else can be upgraded.

Even Cann has had some glaring mistakes lately.  If we can upgrade 2 positions and keep the remaining best 2 on the OL then I think we would see a drastic overall improvement.

Q: What do you think about the execution of the o-line?

A: I'm all for it.

Linder is a stud.

I think Cann could be serviceable.

It will be interesting to see if the team brings back Beachum. I think he's been okay at times, bad at other times.

The left guard spot is a black hole.

Parnell is awful and cannot be gone soon enough.

The pass protection has been okay. Many of the sacks are on Bortles and his long wind up. But watching Yeldon and Ivory, it seems like there's absolutely no lanes - or the lanes close quickly.  Who's to blame for that?

I would keep Beachum, because even serviceable LTs are hard to find. But I wouldn't be opposed to using our first pick to draft an LT. Is this a good year for LTs?

This may wind up being a draft where we load up positions that aren't very sexy - OGs, for example. I miss Vince Manuwai. Would love to have a guy like that on the OT.

Parnell is better than any RT we have had for years.. better than Cam Bradfield, Pasztor, Whimper, Britton, Baldridge, McQuistan, Black, Tra Thomas, Pashos. Maurice Williams is the first one I can think of that comes close.
Beachum/Linder - Good

Omaheh/Parnell - average

Cann - not good
Beachum - C
Parnell - D
Cann - C
Linder - B
Joeckel - F

other o linemen - F
Quote:Beachum/Linder - Good

Omaheh/Parnell - average

Cann - not good

I agree
This line would be serviceable if it had a more competent QB and more decisive running backs.
Quote:This line would be serviceable if it had a more competent QB and more decisive running backs.
Bortles - F
Yeldon - F
Ivory - D
Quote:Beachum/Linder - Good

Omaheh/Parnell - average

Cann - not good

Parnell is the worst lineman, and it isn't really close
Beachum    C-

Left Guard  F

Linder         B

Cann          D

Parnell       F

Beachum - Need an upgrade here imo. But who?

Serviceable at best

Grade: C+

Left Guard - A new starter here is a must

Grade: F

Linder - Solid but not elite

Grade: B

Cann - Could turn out ok with better coaching

Grade: C+

Parnell - Upgradable

Grade: C-

Joeckel - Clearly won't be back

I would ask a new coaching staff to please, please, not bring in a finesse type of scheme. The Jags need some big, strong, nasty maulers up front imo
The only good runs inside the tackles I've seen have been off either Joeckel's left or right hip.

So, I'd say...

Linder - B+

Joeckel - B (but won't likely be back)

Beachum - B

Parnell and Cann, I just can't.

Omameh hasn't been an upgrade over Joeckel, but I do think he's worth having as a swing/reserve.

Roll with Beachum, but maybe not at the high priced option.

Draft Cam Robinson to replace Parnell.

Draft 2 interior linemen between rounds 2-5.

Add one interior lineman from VFA.

Add a FB in FA (undrafted or Juice from Balt)

Linder is good at C but we could draft a true C and move Linder back to G.

Imo Cam Robinson has too many off the field issues to take the risk. The Jags just can't afford another first round bust.
Quote:Imo Cam Robinson has too many off the field issues to take the risk. The Jags just can't afford another first round bust.
Are there any other left tackles worth taking in the first round? If not, should the Jags trade back for extra picks?
Quote:Are there any other left tackles worth taking in the first round? If not, should the Jags trade back for extra picks?

No left tackles are worthy of a pick, as high as we'll be selecting. Personally, I'm all for trading back. As bad as Beachum has been, our main priorities need to be upgrades at OG's and RT. I can live with Beachum for another year, but the OG play has to be upgraded and Parnell has been like a turnstile. Trading back and adding a couple of starting OG's in the late 1st to early 3 rounds are what I would like and then adding a RT/swing tackle type guy later in the draft and possibly a mid range veteran FA at the same position is how I would address the O-Line needs.

Pages: 1 2 3