Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Fournette DNP Friday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
He didn't practice because of his ankle today. 

Ankle still giving him problems but I'm not sure if this means he will sit or not.

Either way, this is something we have to be aware of come Sunday. I do believe that if he's not good to go, Ivory and Yeldon can pick up the work but we need Fournette to get healthy in a big way.
I have a feeling that Fournette will either be on a short snap count or just not play.

I have a similar feeling on Omameh and Parnell.

Marrone sounds like he's weighing long term availability over this browns match-up with these guys.
After seeing the way our offense functions with and without Fournette lately, I am not very concerned about it.
Can't hurt to give him another week of rest.
I don’t think he will play and it seems the offense functions just as well without him. It forces the other players to step up. Couple that with a weak browns team and I could see this being another Sunday we allow him to get some rest. Honestly if they just shut him down until the Seattle game I wouldn’t be worried about it at this point. We are almost guaranteed a playoff spot at this point. The likelihood of getting the bye week in the playoffs is rather low. Needing pitt and NE to faulter that much is asking for a lot. Better to rest him to lock up a playoff spot in the last 4-3 weeks and be rested for a playoff push.
(11-17-2017, 12:51 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]After seeing the way our offense functions with and without Fournette lately, I am not very concerned about it.

Do you think the offense becomes overly dependent upon him when he's in the game, or do you think Marrone and Hackett have grown more confident in Bortles and the passing game as the season has progressed, and it just happened to coincide with LF's injury?

Or is your confidence/lack of concern not based upon the passing game at all, but how well the running game functioned in his absence?
After witnessing him try and play injured, I'd rather they hold him out. Heck, shelf him for a push. Our stable of backs can handle the load.
This is really getting annoying for my fantasy team.
(11-17-2017, 01:03 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]This is really getting annoying for my fantasy team.

Jaguars versus my fantasy 

Jaguars always win. But I feel you lol
(11-17-2017, 01:09 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-17-2017, 01:03 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]This is really getting annoying for my fantasy team.

Jaguars versus my fantasy 

Jaguars always win. But if feel you lol

Oh agreed. Jags win over fantasy win all day. But both is better.
Rest Fournette till week #17 the warmup game for the 4 game winning streak Super Bowl run. Feed him the rock 30+ attempts a game.
I'm more concerned about who is going to be out on the O line than Fournette playing.
(11-17-2017, 01:43 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]I'm more concerned about who is going to be out on the O line than Fournette playing.

Parnell mostly. If Omameh can't go, Linder at OG and Shatley at C is OK.
Fournette is a beast. But when healthy.
(11-17-2017, 01:01 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-17-2017, 12:51 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]After seeing the way our offense functions with and without Fournette lately, I am not very concerned about it.

Do you think the offense becomes overly dependent upon him when he's in the game, or do you think Marrone and Hackett have grown more confident in Bortles and the passing game as the season has progressed, and it just happened to coincide with LF's injury?

Well, when Fournette came back, it seemed that they were reluctant to let Bortles loose. Their game plan is undoubtedly focused around Fournette, and it seems they're too slow to adjust with him in the backfield. Hopefully they change that, but I think when he isn't back there, they're quicker to balance the offense.
20 degree weather. Snowing. Jags should sit him.
a lot of people are treating this game like an auto win... that's exactly how an upset loss starts
(11-17-2017, 04:05 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: [ -> ]a lot of people are treating this game like an auto win... that's exactly how an upset loss starts

He didn’t play against the colts or bengals and we won handily. If we can’t beat the browns with out him then we got bigger issues with this team
(11-17-2017, 04:05 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: [ -> ]a lot of people are treating this game like an auto win... that's exactly how an upset loss starts

Because a fan's opinion of the outcome of a game has ANY affect what so ever on the actual game itself.

Fans are going to fan. Are we supposed to write this off as an automatic loss? I mean, if we are truely in the playoff discussion this is a "should" win game and very telling if the Jags were to lose.
Pages: 1 2 3