Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Blake "Bottles"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So I realize a lot of this will be chalked up to hearsay, and rightfully so. Some may just brush it off as false altogether and that's okay too. But figured I'd share what I've heard through the grapevine.

So far this has been very "hush hush" and my first assumption is it will stay that way until a DUI or Bar fight happens. But so far it seems Blake has been responsible enough on that end. But during the Bye week my girlfriend innocently received a text message accompanied with a picture simply stating "guess who I saw." With a picture of Blake posing next to a couple girls drink in hand at a bar apparently. Her friend lives out in Nashville. I'll refrain from posting the picture to help discredit myself as a source. But it got me thinking after hearing so many stories about Blake out partying. If you're a young guy in your twenties ask a few of your friends and I'm sure a few would have something to add to the subject. But in my digging I found a "friend of a friend of Blake", typical rumor mill source, so take it for what you will like the rest of this.

But he was telling me Blake "Bottles" has had a bit of a drinking problem since high school and that it has been getting progressively worse but that with this coaching change he has been getting a bit of help in the area. Or at the very least it's being addressed in a way that it hasn't been before.

Not sure of the nature of "help" he's been getting and I respect the man's privacy on the matter which is why I'd rather remain un-credible on the subject. But I consider it relevant to his level of play this year and figured I'd share the gossip for those of you who do bite.

It will be interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out and if his level of play improves.
Didn't we just have this topic? Like, this exact topic?

There's been so many Bortles topics. Maybe I missed it.
The fact is I don't care if he's drunk.  There are a ton of Hall of Fame players will tell you they were drunk or high during games.  If it effects his ability to play then yes he needs to clean it up.  His personal life is no my business. 

Quote:The fact is I don't care if he's drunk. There are a ton of Hall of Fame players will tell you they were drunk or high during games. If it effects his ability to play then yes he needs to clean it up. His personal life is no my business.

I'm with you there, but I'm starting to get the idea that it is effecting his play. Hence why I think it needs to be addressed. Same thing as any employee. The good news is that the rumor is that it is being addressed..
Quote:The fact is I don't care if he's drunk. There are a ton of Hall of Fame players will tell you they were drunk or high during games. If it effects his ability to play then yes he needs to clean it up. His personal life is no my business.

Didn't Fred Taylor run for over 200 yards at Three Rivers Stadium against the steelers hungover?
If this has been his situation since high school it really doesn't explain anything.

That said, if there's an issue, I hope he takes care of it.
Quote:Didn't Fred Taylor run for over 200 yards at Three Rivers Stadium against the steelers hungover?
Was that the 235 game?  Lawerence Taylor and MIchael Irvin were high on cocaine during games.Jimmy Smith probably as well.
Quote:Was that the 235 game?  Lawerence Taylor and MIchael Irvin were high on cocaine during games.Jimmy Smith probably as well.

Great point.  Maybe Blake should do coke instead of beer.  Worked good for LT and Irvin.
Dude is always out.
I've heard enough stories from enough people to make me think this is a real story and a real problem.
 Alleged Picture of BB5 with drink in hand = BB5 has drinking problem.

Got it. :wacko:

More hearsay. Who cares. If dude is swilling nightly he should stop. If he is not, he should start because whatever he is doing ain't working.

Quote:The good news is that the rumor is that it is being addressed..
So there's this rumor, and it's a bad rumor, but it's ok, because the rumor about the rumor is that the rumor's being addressed.
Hey at least he's not drinking at 1:00 on Sunday like the rest of us.  Who are we to judge...lol

He likes another substance just as much
Quote:He likes another substance just as much

Don't we all like pie?
I'm having a feeling of déjà vu...
His horrible mechanics and lack of feel for the game are the problem not his drinking.

Drink away Blake, I'd do the exact same thing.
It's not like he was found passed out in his car in the middle of a swamp after falling asleep on the road.

Not just drinking .. He's been hanging with Jimmy Smith if you know what I mean. He's a loser. He doesn't want to grow up , still a frat boy. I'm over him.

Pages: 1 2 3