Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags Chiefs Sunday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
haven't seen this anywhere else:

Smith out Sunday, Foles to start Sunday.  Tyler Bray will be the QB2.

Here's hoping we can get the Defense going and Bortles gets out of his funk.

Would be great! But Andy Reid doesn't lose to bad teams. Foles is a competent backup so I expect another long Sunday for the Jags

Don't get your hopes up.
Hey, I don't make the news, I just report it.

As my old daddy used to tell me: Wish in one hand and poop in the other, just don't clap them together.

If it weren't the Jaguars Alex Smith would be playing
We lost against Hasselbeck and a bad Colts team last season. I expect us to lose against Foles and a way better Chiefs team at home.

Foles is a better NFL QB than Bortles.
Here is my prediction...

Jags get embarrassed again by superior coaching and continue to be a laughing stock of NFL.  

I'll be outside fishing, see you guys next year.

Perhaps we will get a repeat of the last time the Jags faced Foles. 

Foles finding a wide open Maclin running down the middle of the field for a 70 yard TD.

Quote:Perhaps we will get a repeat of the last time the Jags faced Foles. 

Foles finding a wide open Maclin running down the middle of the field for a 70 yard TD.

Could be a tough, long and exhausting day for Poz if Wash doesn't game plan a little better than normal.
I don't wanna get lit up by Fick Noles again :/
Quote:If it weren't the Jaguars Alex Smith would be playing

That was my first thought when I saw the news that Nick Foles was starting.

This will be a tough game for the Jaguars to "turn the season around", especially since Arrowhead stadium is a tough place to play.  The Chiefs are also 5-2 and very much in the playoff hunt in the AFC West.  I by no means expect a win this week, but it would be nice if the game is at least close and competitive.
Quote:That was my first thought when I saw the news that Nick Foles was starting.

This will be a tough game for the Jaguars to "turn the season around", especially since Arrowhead stadium is a tough place to play. The Chiefs are also 5-2 and very much in the playoff hunt in the AFC West. I by no means expect a win this week, but it would be nice if the game is at least close and competitive.

I think Bortles crumbles and makes two or three boneheaded turnovers.
no Smith no Houston helps but that defense is good and it will be hard to win in arrowhead

Quote:I don't wanna get lit up by Fick Noles again :/

Well you're about to
Bortles could play better and Foles could make a few mistakes and the Jags defense could hold them to 20 points   --

--  but the Jags will still be penalized for 100+ yards, have a negative turnover ratio, have at least two blown coverages in the secondary and  they will struggle on third down offensively and defensively.  Because they are a poorly coached team that displays little to no discipline on the field. 

They aren't getting beat in most of these games.  They are beating themselves. The dumb mistakes have to stop  - the QB has to get his butt in gear and throw a semi-accurate football - and the O-Line has got to help these backs muster up 4+ YPC. 

I have little faith they can fix two of these this week, much less all three :/
Quote:Bortles could play better and Foles could make a few mistakes and the Jags defense could hold them to 20 points   --

--  but the Jags will still be penalized for 100+ yards, have a negative turnover ratio, have at least two blown coverages in the secondary and  they will struggle on third down offensively and defensively.  Because they are a poorly coached team that displays little to no discipline on the field. 

They aren't getting beat in most of these games.  They are beating themselves. The dumb mistakes have to stop  - the QB has to get his butt in gear and throw a semi-accurate football - and the O-Line has got to help these backs muster up 4+ YPC. 

I have little faith they can fix two of these this week, much less all three :/

Regarding the part in bold, that's been more of a major issue in my mind than the bad play of our QB.
Quote:Regarding the part in bold, that's been more of a major issue in my mind than the bad play of our QB.
I agree.  It was why they lost at least four games last year even though Blake was playing better.  

Unforced errors. 

Quote:Don't get your hopes up.

This is the only reason I did not start the thread: extreme fear of it being ruined by very negative posters.
Quote:This is the only reason I did not start the thread: extreme fear of it being ruined by very negative posters.

Maybe the reason they come across as negative is because there is nothing good to cheer about?
Pages: 1 2 3