Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I can deal with losing, What I can't deal with is the franchise completely unraveling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Players calling out fans, Executives calling out fans, Owner raising his hands up in confusion? 

I get the frustration and I honestly believe the team isn't wrong in their words but we as fans have done our job in buying tickets. What was the quote Khan or Caldwell said a couple years ago at a press conference? "The fans have held up their end of the bargain, Now we have to hold up ours". Well, Here we are. They need to bite their tongue and realize they are the issue here. They need to look at the long game and realize talking crap about fans in the media literally doesn't gain them anything. Jags fans won't respond positively. 

Winning fixes everything. Blake Bortles fell back off his pole this season because of two reasons. He tried too hard which regressed his mechanics and Allen Robinson isn't winning all those 50/50 balls he did last season because teams figured out all they have to do his rough him up. Its better to have a broken cog (Bortles/Robinson) than to not have any Cog at all (Gabbert/Shorts). Broken cogs can be fixed.

As for Bradley, His players are lashing out on the field with penalties and in the media against fans. That's the ultimate sin a coach can make. I can deal with losing, Its just a game. However losing the franchise? Thats where this train takes us. 
The franchise is an absolute mess right now. Nothing positive to speak of. And in two months, they will hit the reset button again.
"The fans have held up their end of the bargain"

That's the best quote in all of this.  We've held up our end and here we are with players consistently calling out fans, even today with Malik Jackson.  The players and front office need to hold up their front end for the fans to not get restless.  Sitting in that stadium every Sunday has become more of a chore than exciting.

That's why I choose to step back and chill.

All we can do is watch the trainwreck (from a safe distance.)

Things actually could get worse before they get better.

I've been a jaguars fan for 20+ years now, through the good and bad(lots more bad), But these last 2 games have made me straight up embarrassed to be a fan of this team.

It's one thing to be a bottom of the barrel team, it's a completely different thing when it appears as though you are actively TRYING to kick the bottom of the barrel out to get deeper.

Would you regret that you boo'd and wrote negative remarks if the Jaguars organization decided to move because they wanted more supportive fans? All we have is a empty stadium in jax, forced to become fans of another team.
In the past 3 games, we got outscored 57-6 in the 1st half of games.

In the words of one of our presidential candidates "IT'S A DISASTER"

Players don't respect Gus so he no control over them.

I guess players don't feel there are consequences to their actions because Gus is a weak leader.

I kinda had a moment like this a few weeks ago. I'm an Assistant Coach for a Youth team and we were getting handled by another team. I had been preaching to the Head Coach that our practices weren't really doing a lot for the players the week before, but he did little to change our practice plans. During the game, we got something like five Illegal Procedure calls on us due to being disorganized. I was more embarrassed by this than the score and I tell the Header "we can do a better job of preparing these guys than this." 

The Head Coach whirls on me with something close to true anger and says "we've practiced this stuff for weeks! What else are we supposed to do?!" I tell him "I understand what we were trying to teach them, but they ain't doing it. It's up to us to get them better." He stormed off and left the conversation. He never did adjust our approach and we just got smoked in the Playoffs.

A lot of times, people don't like criticism when it begs for action on their part that doesn't include talking. 

Quote:Players calling out fans, Executives calling out fans, Owner raising his hands up in confusion? 

I get the frustration and I honestly believe the team isn't wrong in their words but we as fans have done our job in buying tickets. What was the quote Khan or Caldwell said a couple years ago at a press conference? "The fans have held up their end of the bargain, Now we have to hold up ours". Well, Here we are. They need to bite their tongue and realize they are the issue here. They need to look at the long game and realize talking crap about fans in the media literally doesn't gain them anything. Jags fans won't respond positively. 

Honestly, I think that social media is ruining the "fandom" part of the game.  Players, the organization, the media and fans spend way too much time "twitting".

It used to be that fans were fans of the team no matter what.  Today's generation gets too "offended" if a player, organization, etc. "twits" something that they don't agree with.  By the same token, the players, especially the younger ones probably get "offended" by "twits" regarding them from the "fans", and it probably gets into their heads.
For Jags fans, even lifelong Jags fans, the world seems to be crumbling right now. And there's plenty of blame to go around. From Khan, down to Caldwell, down to Bradley, down to the players, down to certain segments of the fanbase. Nobody is handling losing well. It sucks, and it's going to be a long, long rest of the season.

That said, I think there's genuine reason to believe that 2017 is going to be an incredible year to be a Jags fan. We're virtually guaranteed a very high first round pick. There's no universe where Bradley isn't gone at the end of the year. If Coughlin comes in, it's a tremendous story and will generate a ton of nostalgia and interest from lapsed fans. If someone else comes in, it'll be a much needed kick in the [BLEEP]. Our young team will have a little more experience under their belts. And, perhaps most importantly, Daily's Place will be open, radically improving the gameday experience.

Hang in there guys, it's always darkest before the dawn.

Quote:For Jags fans, even lifelong Jags fans, the world seems to be crumbling right now. And there's plenty of blame to go around. From Khan, down to Caldwell, down to Bradley, down to the players, down to certain segments of the fanbase. Nobody is handling losing well. It sucks, and it's going to be a long, long rest of the season.

That said, I think there's genuine reason to believe that 2017 is going to be an incredible year to be a Jags fan. We're virtually guaranteed a very high first round pick. There's no universe where Bradley isn't gone at the end of the year. If Coughlin comes in, it's a tremendous story and will generate a ton of nostalgia and interest from lapsed fans. If someone else comes in, it'll be a much needed kick in the [BAD WORD REMOVED]. Our young team will have a little more experience under their belts. And, perhaps most importantly, Daily's Place will be open, radically improving the gameday experience.

Except night doesn't last a decade. The quote we are at is "Help isn't on the way". I doubt any coach is going to come in and radically change this teams record. Coughlin is a relic of the past and doesn't have anything to chase anymore. Its become cheesy at this point but a guy like Cowher or Tomlin is what this roster needs. A no nonsense legendary coach whom they can instantly respect. 
I used to be on the positive bandwagon. I have now jumped off. Every year we say the same thing. Next year guys and gals! But nothing changes. I can no longer look to the future being our bright light. Until I see change on the field and on our record book, impeccable doom is eminent. lol

I feel everyone's pain.

It's a really bad feeling to love ANYTHING even a sports team and have what we love raise our hopes and the let us down by turning out horrible.

If this were anything but a sports team.

A gf

A pet

A friend

A job

A car

A TV

A restaurant

ECT ECT....

It would be gone.

But it's not...

It's the jags

We love them and we hurt because we're stuck for the entire ride...

Good or bad.

Do we deserve to win?

We're buying tickets and merchandise

So he'll yes we deserve to win.

We're doing our part.

Now let's go jaguars.

Win so.e damn games yeah?
Quote:For Jags fans, even lifelong Jags fans, the world seems to be crumbling right now. And there's plenty of blame to go around. From Khan, down to Caldwell, down to Bradley, down to the players, down to certain segments of the fanbase. Nobody is handling losing well. It sucks, and it's going to be a long, long rest of the season.

That said, I think there's genuine reason to believe that 2017 is going to be an incredible year to be a Jags fan. We're virtually guaranteed a very high first round pick. There's no universe where Bradley isn't gone at the end of the year. If Coughlin comes in, it's a tremendous story and will generate a ton of nostalgia and interest from lapsed fans. If someone else comes in, it'll be a much needed kick in the [BAD WORD REMOVED]. Our young team will have a little more experience under their belts. And, perhaps most importantly, Daily's Place will be open, radically improving the gameday experience.

Thanks...

That's good stuff...

I'm still here...

Just suffering.....
I have been a fan since 1993 when the team was announced.  This is the worst I have seen it.  By far the lowest point of the franchise and that is saying a lot.  It's one thing to be a bad team and hope for the best.  This was a team with high expectations coming in and have just stunk up the field.  Lack of effort, stupid penalties, and bad coaching just sums up the season.  How can we be in the 8th game of Bortles 3rd year and still talking about mechanics?  Where was Hackett during the off season. 

Didn't need to read any of the actual post to say I agree.

The title says it all it's heartbreaking.
Its bad. Real bad.
I really don't get too emotionally moved one way or the other about the Jags. I'm a fan (hey, I wear a jags camo hat) but I'm not inclined to get so twisted up about the state of the team. It's entertainment, that's all. The Jaguars football franchise in no way represents my worth as a human being one way or another so I've no reason to get so emotional about them.

The only bad thing is that they used to be a good entertainment investment... but they've not been that now for years and there's no end in sight. As bad as they are, I'll still watch at least the first half of any televised game they play. Regrettably, it's been a while since I've watched a whole Jags game... they're just not worth wasting that much time on any more.

So, if this is all a scheme to get the franchised relocated (aka 'major league') style... congratulations Khan... it's working. I've had Jags tickets that I couldn't give away locally and literally had to throw them in the trash. That's how much appeal this team has come to have in Jacksonville; but then, when you have one of all time losingest head coaches in the history of the NFL, that really shouldn't be all that shocking, particularly in light of the fact that he is still the Jags head coach!

I understand the owners desire to 'stick with the system'; but it has become only too obvious to everyone at this point that the 'system' you've been sold on by Gus and company is not working and is not doing the career of any of the young players on this team any favors.

It's your toy to do with what you will Shad... but don't expect the fans to support this dumpster fire.

I can't deal with losing

Pages: 1 2 3