Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Hundreds of businesses will give employees paid time off to vote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
The automobile industry has this specifically written in the union contract. Now Spotify, Patagonia, and many small retailers are following suit.

http://www.aol.com/article/finance/2016/...ws-main-bb

Lefties paying people to vote isn't new, they just don't have to hide it anymore.
Aol.com, LMBO
Quote:Aol.com, LMBO

Screech screech screech beep screech...You've got mail. Ahhh...memories.
Quote:Lefties paying people to vote isn't new, they just don't have to hide it anymore.

So is this a bad thing? What's your stance?
Quote:Screech screech screech beep screech...You've got mail. Ahhh...memories.

Remember the AOL trial discs that used to come in the mail? Haha

Free beer coasters lol
Quote:Remember the AOL trial discs that used to come in the mail? Haha

Free beer coasters lol

Between those and Net Zero, I'm surprised that every land fill in the country isn't over flowing!!

I wonder if AOL will give their employees paid time off to vote?
Quote:Between those and Net Zero, I'm surprised that every land fill in the country isn't over flowing!!

I wonder if AOL will give their employees paid time off to vote?

I think they've been off since 6-7 years ago haha
Quote:So is this a bad thing? What's your stance?
Yes, voter turnout hurts right wing causes. Hence closing of polling places, purging of voter rolls, attempts to limit early voting, voter ID etc... They claim it's to maintain the integrity of the election or because they can't afford to make voting easier but lumped together it's just like gerrymandering. Nothing more than attempts to rig elections in their favor. 
Quote:Lefties paying people to vote isn't new, they just don't have to hide it anymore.

Still bummed that they don't bring back the poll tax?
Quote:So is this a bad thing? What's your stance?

Calling Democrats lefties is bad IMO. Calling someone a lefty only makes me think of southpaws like Mark Brunell.
Quote:Calling Democrats lefties is bad IMO. Calling someone a lefty only makes me think of southpaws like Mark Brunell.
Please don't derail threads. Especially your own thread. 
Quote:Calling Democrats lefties is bad IMO. Calling someone a lefty only makes me think of southpaws like Mark Brunell.

I guess we should start referring to them as Mark Bunells then? Will that alleviate your confusion?
Quote:Please don't derail threads. Especially your own thread. 

Not derailing it, just putting one comment here. Sometimes people do that.
The extreme left has always used the excuse of "suppression" and charges of other voter fraud whenever they felt the public wasn't "smart" enough to side with them.

When in fact, it's their ideas and ideology that dooms them most.  They can't win an honest debate on the issues.  They count on their built-in base that will vote D like the Borg - zero resistance assimilation.

Look no further than the lawsuits they're already filing prior to election day.  They feel it slipping, and are trying to manufacture their victory rather than letting the people decide for themselves.

Quote:Yes, voter turnout hurts right wing causes. Hence closing of polling places, purging of voter rolls, attempts to limit early voting, voter ID etc... They claim it's to maintain the integrity of the election or because they can't afford to make voting easier but lumped together it's just like gerrymandering. Nothing more than attempts to rig elections in their favor. 

Then Republicans make up reasons to make people believe Democrats are the frauds. I always opposed voter ID laws because they reduce voter turnout.
Quote:Then Republicans make up reasons to make people believe Democrats are the frauds. I always opposed voter ID laws because they reduce voter turnout.

Yeah, I agree. Illegals with no ID should be able to vote.
Quote:Then Republicans make up reasons to make people believe Democrats are the frauds. I always opposed voter ID laws because they reduce voter turnout.

Do you have an ID?

Sorry, but you have that exactly backwards.

They accuse conservatives of doing things they haven't done, then go out and do those very things... at a rate and intensity worse than what they've accused others of.

Neither are Puritains, and all the career politicians on both sides must go.

But if you think Democrats are "better" options than their counterparts as a whole, you are sorely mistaken.

I'm independent, and proud not to be affiliated with either.
Quote:The extreme left has always used the excuse of "suppression" and charges of other voter fraud whenever they felt the public wasn't "smart" enough to side with them.

When in fact, it's their ideas and ideology that dooms them most.  They can't win an honest debate on the issues.  They count on their built-in base that will vote D like the Borg - zero resistance assimilation.

Look no further than the lawsuits they're already filing prior to election day.  They feel it slipping, and are trying to manufacture their victory rather than letting the people decide for themselves.
Well let's here. 

The right has been screaming about voter fraud for how long with little to no evidence?

The built in evangelical/racist/bigoted/xenophobic vote the right enjoys is not borg like?

You are literally voting for a guy who has been saying the election is rigged for months now. Claiming fraud is and will be occurring at massive levels.

I am not sure I have seen so much hypocrisy in a single post before. It's quite impressive really.

It's funny you bring up not being able to debate on the issues since you can't or won't deny that all those, like gerrymandering, are just ways of suppressing the vote. Specifically votes that trend democrat. At least own it.  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5