Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What concerns you the most moving foward?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What concerns you the most moving foward?
Fans filling the stadium
What going to put health as an option but thats always the biggest concern for any team
Receiving Corps. Until the young guys step up and prove otherwise.

Either that or OL injuries, but that one is just a time issue.
The refs moving forward and especially during playoff time, really are my biggest concerns.

I talked to some Browns fans on a different forum and they even admitted and agreed that the refs were trying to job us during the game. None of them denied that the refs were playing in their favor, for the majority of the game.
Injuries
Bortles. Good quarterbacks can overcome deficiencies around them; I don't believe Blake can on a regular basis.
(11-20-2017, 11:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]What going to put health as an option but thats always the biggest concern for any team

(11-20-2017, 11:30 PM)SuperJville Wrote: [ -> ]Injuries
The defense is dominating all the way around now with addition of Dareus. The only thing that can screw that up is a significant injury to a key player. On the offensive side we are limited but generally producing enough in conjunction with contributions from a dominating defense that really the only thing that could screw a game up is a multi-turnover game by Bortles or the offense in general. So outside of injuries which are unpredictable, the main thing that concerns me is Bortles having a multi-turnover game.

The Refs being a close 2nd.
Bortles and the play calling go hand in hand. I get really exasperated with the play calling, but then I have to take a step back and realize that the run, run, short pass, punt philosophy is directly related to protecting the ball and not having Bortles throw an interception. So, the larger problem is Bortles.
(11-20-2017, 11:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]What concerns you the most moving foward?

Bortles. If he can consistently achieve Trent Dilfer levels of mediocrity, this is a team that makes a run in January. If he finally realizes his potential and greatly exceeds that, this is a legitimate Super Bowl contender. If he keeps with this crazy up and down (more down than up), it's going to cost us big plays in big games, and that's not the formula for winning in the NFL.
Bortles. We need him to just play better. Not turning the ball over a such a high rate has been a shot of adrenaline for this defensive unit. If he can now getting to 62-64% completion with 2-3 tds a game he can really take this team over the top. Hopefully he’s a guy that steps up under the bright lights and in big games because that will be coming soon.
Bortles.
/thread
LOL

Do we need to constantly be concerned about something?

If we are analyzing weaknesses within the roster then the O-Line and QB are the obvious choices, but I'm not actually "concerned" about any of it. I don't expect it to get fixed until the offseason, but I think it's fixable.

I don't share any of the negative thoughts about the playcalling. I've only felt like that was an issue in two games this year and Hackett/Marrone made adjustments within those games or the following week that made me feel like they recognized the mistake.

How far that line and QB can get us this year is up in the air, but it's not a "concern." It's just the next thing in line to be upgraded.
(11-21-2017, 01:16 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]LOL

If we are analyzing weaknesses within the roster then the O-Line and QB are the obvious choices, but I'm not actually "concerned" about any of it. I don't expect it to get fixed until the offseason, but I think it's fixable.

I don't share any of the negative thoughts about the playcalling. I've only felt like that was an issue in two games this year and Hackett/Marrone made adjustments within those games or the following week that made me feel like they recognized the mistake.

How far that line and QB can get us this year is up in the air, but it's not a "concern."  It's just the next thing in line to be upgraded.

Which is exactly why I picked the refs. Something this team has absolutely zero control over.

One or two timely, bad calls in a really tight game could be all the difference in a win or loss, especially in the playoffs.

I think all of us Jag fans can agree that we're usually on the wrong side of these head scratching bad calls.
(11-21-2017, 12:53 AM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-20-2017, 11:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]What concerns you the most moving foward?

Bortles. If he can consistently achieve Trent Dilfer levels of mediocrity, this is a team that makes a run in January. If he finally realizes his potential and greatly exceeds that, this is a legitimate Super Bowl contender. If he keeps with this crazy up and down (more down than up), it's going to cost us big plays in big games, and that's not the formula for winning in the NFL.

He's been more up than down this year.
Pats running backs
Bortles is always the number 1 concern.

BB INT is always a concern. We can work with all other issues. But if Bortles decides to throw from his ankles, those are the concerns.
(11-21-2017, 01:33 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2017, 01:16 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]LOL

How far that line and QB can get us this year is up in the air, but it's not a "concern."  It's just the next thing in line to be upgraded.

Which is exactly why I picked the refs. Something this team has absolutely zero control over.

One or two timely, bad calls in a really tight game could be all the difference in a win or loss, especially in the playoffs.

I think all of us Jag fans can agree that we're usually on the wrong side of these head scratching bad calls.
Exactly, the main reason I made this thread.  I thought the refs would be in the lead on this pole by a large margin.  The way the refs have called are games is a bit scary moving toward.  In a close game I could see the refs being the difference. Anyone who have watched the games as of late it should be a concern

(11-21-2017, 08:38 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Bortles is always the number 1 concern.

BB INT is always a concern.  We can work with all other issues. But if Bortles decides to throw from his ankles, those are the concerns.

You can't work with the refs and their bad calls, you can work with Bortles
play calling.
Pages: 1 2