Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Interesting TU Column
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Kind of gives a bit of insight as far as what's going on behind the scenes.

This part was kind of interesting.

Quote:After each possession during the second half of Thursday’s loss at Tennessee, Jaguars offensive coordinator Greg Olson would sit on the bench flanked by back-up quarterbacks Chad Henne and Brandon Allen to review uploaded images on his Microsoft Surface tablet.

Several feet away, Blake Bortles watched the Jaguars’ defense, communicating only with Henne.

The perception was a disconnect between Olson and Bortles.

It also looks like the decision was Bradley's.

Quote:General manager Dave Caldwell told the Times-Union that Bradley approached him and owner Shad Khan late Friday night.

“Gus said he was talking about doing this and he talked to Shad about it and Shad said, ‘Hey, sleep on it and see how you feel about it,’ ” Caldwell said. “He still felt strongly about it [Saturday] and decided to do it. Like I told Gus, he had to make sure this was a decision he felt was going to make us better. He felt that was the case so this the direction he went.”
Too bad gus wasn't talking about himself.

That's pretty baffling though.....the OC sitting with the back up and third stringer looking at pictures.

Probably would have been better off watching what's happening on the field....might have learned something.

The more I read about Dave, the more I think this guy is a coward.

So, not only is Gus the worst coach in NFL history, but a liar to boot.
Quote:The more I read about Dave, the more I think this guy is a coward.

Bc he told Gus to make sure the move would make us better?
Quote:So, not only is Gus the worst coach in NFL history, but a liar to boot.
Not just a liar, complete lack of integrity and any ethics or accountability.  

It's no wonder this is the worst team in the NFL.  The players follow the example of the coaches.  

They see the head coach throwing assistants under the bus, so they think it's alright to use racial slurs, start fights, and be completely undisciplined in their play.  

Shad Khan is too proud to admit he made a mistake in hiring Dave and Gus, so we're stuck with this dumpster fire.  

Sad, sad days for Jaguars fans.  
If this is indeed true it might be the reason he sent Olson packing. If I am your head coach and I ask you what were you doing to help my QB during the second half and you come back with "Nothing, he wouldn't come sit next to me so I could show him the still shots and coach him up" I also would fire you.

You go to him, snatch BB5 up, get in his [BAD WORD REMOVED] and tell him how it's going to be. You're the coach, coach your man!

Quote:Not just a liar, complete lack of integrity and any ethics or accountability.

It's no wonder this is the worst team in the NFL. The players follow the example of the coaches.

They see the head coach throwing assistants under the bus, so they think it's alright to use racial slurs, start fights, and be completely undisciplined in their play.

Shad Khan is too proud to admit he made a mistake in hiring Dave and Gus, so we're stuck with this dumpster fire.

Sad, sad days for Jaguars fans.

Yep. Gus said Thursday there would be no changes to his coaching staff, then does this. Are you telling me he finally had an epiphany I'm his Ashley Furniture bed Thursday night?
I will miss his Sol Glo hair though...
Quote:I will miss his Sol Glo hair though...
[Image: soulglocouch.jpg]
Quote:Yep. Gus said Thursday there would be no changes to his coaching staff, then does this. Are you telling me he finally had an epiphany I'm his Ashley Furniture bed Thursday night?
His wife told him, "[BLEEP], I love living in Marsh Landing, you better go fire somebody".
Quote:So, not only is Gus the worst coach in NFL history, but a liar to boot.
Quote:Yep. Gus said Thursday there would be no changes to his coaching staff, then does this. Are you telling me he finally had an epiphany I'm his Ashley Furniture bed Thursday night?

Oh please...   Rolleyes   I don't like Gus either, but at least he made a decision.  Had nobody been fired or no changes made you would be sitting here this morning still crying like a baby.
Quote:Oh please... Rolleyes I don't like Gus either, but at least he made a decision. Had nobody been fired or no changes made you would be sitting here this morning still crying like a baby.

Remember when JDR started the process of firing 10 coordinators, it is more of the same. Anyone with a pulse knows Bradley is the root of the problem and this move does absolutely nothing for anybody, including fan perception.
Quote:Oh please...   Rolleyes   I don't like Gus either, but at least he made a decision.  Had nobody been fired or no changes made you would be sitting here this morning still crying like a baby.
Offense regressing, OC fired, that is the poster child for accountability.

Accountability for Gus has to come from Caldwell. Now if Gus was a Samurai? That's a different story.

The promotional choice for OC must have been like being a dodgeball captain and all that was left was fat kids.
Quote:Offense regressing, OC fired, that is the poster child for accountability.

The promotion of OC is the bigger head scratcher than the firing. Olsen sucked, but c'mon...
Quote:The promotional choice for OC must have been like being a dodgeball captain and all that was left was fat kids.
They saw Gus coming and were like, "Hell no, I'm hiding, I like my job"
Blake didnt get along with the last oc either
Quote:Remember when JDR started the process of firing 10 coordinators, it is more of the same. Anyone with a pulse knows Bradley is the root of the problem and this move does absolutely nothing for anybody, including fan perception.

Gene Smith was the root of JDR's problem.
Not much to gain from anything with this team. i don't see any of this as insight. I believe their shock and disbelief answers of "I don't know".  This is team "Not Me".

Hey who created that offensive game plan?  Not Me did.

Pages: 1 2