Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: that pass with under a minute left should be a fireable offense
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
don't care if it was dropped. there was no hope of getting onto scoring range there.

almost as bad as the jets game throwing three straight times with bortles inside the 5
It was a disgusting call. Worst call of the year.
That was beyond stupid. We deserved to lose this game from the start worse game I've seen us play as a team all year. Pathetic
Absolutely stupid.
Wow. You run it on 1st, theres no going back to running the clock out. Absolutely inexcusable
Drain the playclock like ur playing for OT then throw and give them an extra TO. Makes perfect sense.
Guess we actually do only want 7 wins on the year
Whatever man. We lost, shouldn't even have been that close to begin with.
You can't have it both ways. Either go balls to the wall to win or run out the clock and go to OT.

Tried to be cute and failed miserably. That said we didn't deserve to win in the first place.
If you can't find humor in all of this, you will give yourself a heart attack.
(11-26-2017, 08:39 PM)TheSchmidt Wrote: [ -> ]don't care if it was dropped. there was no hope of getting onto scoring range there.

almost as bad as the jets game throwing three straight times with bortles inside the 5

Not to mention the prevent d that basically gave them 15 yards. That was terrible call. I was already annoyed on the previous drive, when 2 Jags players ran out of bounds instead of letting the clock run. We could have been at the two minute warning after second down. Instead, they run out of bounds and the Cardinals got the ball back at 2:30 with favorable field position (no thanks to the refs who missed a blatant block in the back). The Jags shot themselves in the foot... again, only this time, their d didn't bail them out. This one is on Marrone. It's nothing to fire him for, but it sure was stupid. 

You can tell the Jags are still maturing, because they sure like to beat themselves.
To make you even more mad, Marrone will answer the questions with his "I am better than you and don't have to answer your question" coach speak tone.
Also why not play the sidelines on that last play? Let him be open over the middle and get tackled. Jack was nowhere near close enough on the play.
This is the NFL. Not college. Any given Sunday.

They were not out played....but they were out coached.
Zero idea what their plan was there.
Agree.

That playcall was the last exemple of how the coaches made some terrible decisions and gameplanning today. As much as the players made mistakes today the coaches put them in a bad position all the time. Bad loss, really didn't see it coming.
And once you screwed the pooch on 2nd down, dont run it on 3rd... You committed to getting that first down then
didn't even mention the horrid defense after the punt where they are playing prevent and aren't protecting the sideline

who cares if you give up a big play down the middle, they have no chance to get up and spike it

just awful all around
Yeah, the pass was extremely puzzling.

Either you're trying from first down to do something with the ball and not just letting the clock run out or you're not.

However that doesn't let the defensive coaching off the hook, either.

With defensive personnel like the Jaguars have you shouldn't be playing soft zone ever. Always keep the coverage tight, especially against a guy like Gabbert that doesn't do well throwing into tight coverage. Defense did a good job locking things down most of the second half, then to end the game they play off so that Gabbert can get two quick completions to make it into field goal range.
I got laughed at when I said 6-10 weeks ago. Maybe off but one game but looking more and more possible
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5