Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This loss is on Fournette.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
He’s out there so I️ don’t want to hear any injury excuses. When your qb has to do your job than what’s the point of throwing him out there. TJ Heldon hit the hole decisively and gave us more than our supposed stud 4th pick. It may be time they bench him and let him get his wind back because maybe he’s just not ready for the nfl grind.
Lol
Super hot take. Blame the injured RB. Interesting.
(11-26-2017, 09:41 PM)Ksimms Wrote: [ -> ]He’s out there so I️ don’t want to hear any injury excuses. When your qb has to do your job what’s the point of throwing him out there. TJ Yeldon hit the hole decisively and gave us more than our supposed stud 4th pick. It may be time they bench him and let him get his wind back because maybe he’s just not ready for the nfl grind.

[quote pid='1068302' dateline='1511746980']
[quote pid='1068296' dateline='1511746903']
[/quote]

[/quote]
Blame the QB that threw the ball right to TYRANN MATHIEU
(11-26-2017, 09:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Super hot take.  Blame the injured RB. Interesting.

Making excuses, typical. If he’s injured and not being effective get him outta there.

Stop trying to derail my thread because you don’t agree with the content.
id give fournette a pass this season. The o-line is not very good in 3 out of 5 positions.
Hahahahaha no. You do realize every team we play is scheming to stop LF27 first?
(11-26-2017, 09:45 PM)Ksimms Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-26-2017, 09:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Super hot take.  Blame the injured RB. Interesting.

Making excuses, typical. If he’s injured and not being effective get him outta there.

Oh, I'm not trying to derail your thread at all.  I'm just saying that it's based in very poor logic. 
Maybe some folks will agree with you  and keep your thread rolling for weeks on end. 

I just happen to feel that you aren't thinking this one through very clearly. 

If you claim that he should have been "outta there" if injured (which he definitely is) then should we be blaming the coaches and not Fournette? 

Also - I'm not making excuses for Fournette. I didn't even want us to draft him. I'm just calling it like I see it.

They did which is why he didn't play almost the whole second half.
This isn't college football. Almost all of these arguments pinning a game on one player or another is really stupid. Every unit made plays today. Blake got KILLED today in many situations. We had no help up front and no running game yet the offense managed to get the crucial 2nd half touchdowns. Lots of players did some good things and some costly things it just wasn't enough today. Had we managed to luck out and win that one all the bad would have been swept under the rug again. The moral of the story is our team is decent and compete with anybody but they aren't world beaters. All we can do is bounce back and get healthier and play better.

They did take him out in the second half. He's clearly nowhere near 100%.  It's not making excuses to state fact.  It's disingenuous to ignore the nagging injuries to bag on a player.
(11-26-2017, 10:52 PM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]They did take him out in the second half. He's clearly nowhere near 100%.  It's not making excuses to state fact.  It's disingenuous to ignore the nagging injuries to bag on a player.

Everyone is definitely right about it being disingenuous to blame this on Fournette in the micro, but in the macro it is becoming more and more worrisome that a battering ram type RB that needs 20+ touches to start really wearing down a defense also is falling into a multi year trend of nagging injuries. That's the worst kind of combination.
Yeah he played like 10 plays in the second half. Can't blame a guy that isn't on the field.
(11-26-2017, 11:07 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah he played like 10 plays in the second half. Can't blame a guy that isn't on the field.

Sure you can. He’s supposed to be the power rb and he’s not providing anything useful. This game is Fournette. Blake kept us in the game with the two rushing tds. Something Fournette should’ve provided.
(11-26-2017, 10:33 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: [ -> ]This isn't college football. Almost all of these arguments pinning a game on one player or another is really stupid. Every unit made plays today. Blake got KILLED today in many situations. We had no help up front and no running game yet the offense managed to get the crucial 2nd half touchdowns. Lots of players did some good things and some costly things it just wasn't enough today. Had we managed to luck out and win that one all the bad would have been swept under the rug again. The moral of the story is our team is decent and compete with anybody but they aren't world beaters. All we can do is bounce back and get healthier and play better.

A refreshingly rational look at the season if you take a step back.

(11-26-2017, 11:07 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-26-2017, 10:52 PM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]They did take him out in the second half. He's clearly nowhere near 100%.  It's not making excuses to state fact.  It's disingenuous to ignore the nagging injuries to bag on a player.

Everyone is definitely right about it being disingenuous to blame this on Fournette in the micro, but in the macro it is becoming more and more worrisome that a battering ram type RB that needs 20+ touches to start really wearing down a defense also is falling into a multi year trend of nagging injuries. That's the worst kind of combination.

Also for the past month he’s been injured and down 2 mailers on an already suspect OL. The backups are just not NFL caliber. Le’veon Bell couldn’t run in the situations he’s been put in
(11-26-2017, 10:33 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: [ -> ]Blake got KILLED today in many situations.

He wouldn't get killed as bad if he learned to call an audible or hot route on 3rd down when the defense is blatantly blitzing 2 guys every single time.
(11-26-2017, 10:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-26-2017, 09:45 PM)Ksimms Wrote: [ -> ]Making excuses, typical. If he’s injured and not being effective get him outta there.

Oh, I'm not trying to derail your thread at all.  I'm just saying that it's based in very poor logic. 
Maybe some folks will agree with you  and keep your thread rolling for weeks on end. 

If you claim that he should have been "outta there" if injured (which he definitely is) then should we be blaming the coaches and not Fournette? 

Also - I'm not making excuses for Fournette. I didn't even want us to draft him. I'm just calling it like I see it.

Coaching was the biggest culprit today. 

How many series in the first half started with run-run-pass? Don't you think the Cardinals expected just that? Fournette had nowhere to run, but that's not his fault. He also didn't give up two TD passes to Gabbert.

The pass call on 2nd down at the end of the game gave the Cardinals a chance to win, which they did. It makes sense to try and win the game with a minute left, but after the first down run failed it was time to just run out the clock and play for overtime. That was by far the biggest coaching failure.

The defensive scheme wasn't exactly a winner either. It seems like the Jags figured an easy win and didn't bother to scout the opposition.
(11-26-2017, 11:52 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-26-2017, 10:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, I'm not trying to derail your thread at all.  I'm just saying that it's based in very poor logic. 

Coaching was the biggest culprit today. 

How many series in the first half started with run-run-pass?

TWO.

Two series of six.  You may be calling it like you see it - but I'm not so sure you're seeing it all that clearly.  (just a light-hearted jab there - BTW) 

I don't think the coaching was perfect by any stretch, but I feel like the offensive playcaller(s) really have their backs against the wall by having to overcome offensive line injuries, wide receiver injuries and the task of mitigating Bortles' mistakes. There are only so many smoke and mirrors plays they can run to get past all of that.
(11-26-2017, 10:33 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: [ -> ]This isn't college football. Almost all of these arguments pinning a game on one player or another is really stupid. Every unit made plays today. Blake got KILLED today in many situations. We had no help up front and no running game yet the offense managed to get the crucial 2nd half touchdowns. Lots of players did some good things and some costly things it just wasn't enough today. Had we managed to luck out and win that one all the bad would have been swept under the rug again. The moral of the story is our team is decent and compete with anybody but they aren't world beaters. All we can do is bounce back and get healthier and play better.

Under the circumstances, I'm not even mad as I otherwise might be. We still should have won this if not for getting in our own way with two particularly awful decisions, but we don't have Robinson or Hurns, and even if we did, this entire sport starts with the O-line. Teams live and die by their O-line. You can endure single position MIA circumstances, but not multiple MIA on the O-line.

Hell, teams can even survive with MIA quarterbacks. Look at what Garrapolo did with New England, or Dak Prescott with the Cowboys - recent exposure notwithstanding. The point is, even the most critical single position on a team that has the most impact can still be overcome if you have a decent O-line. If your O-line is struggling, your whole team is going to struggle, as evidenced by the game today.

Now, if we were down just 1 starter on the O-line, then ok, I'd be significantly more angry. But 2 starters out = world of pain. 3 and you can forget about it. Just pray you can survive in this league.

All told, we were essentially 2 weapons short of what the Cards had available to them, if not 3 short.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5