Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Approval of Olson Firing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I personally believe it is a good move.  Throughout his career he really hasn't coached a good offense.  People give him credit for Carr but I just believe Carr is naturally a good Qb..  I do want Bradley gone but this is my second choice.  I still scratch my head at the replacement.  Promote a guy who has produced a terrible product?

Doesn't matter as long as Gus is at the helm.
Rather keep him than Gussy.

Quote:Doesn't matter as long as Gus is at the helm.

Bingo! This is just a distraction tactic. It's unfair to Hacketts career as well. The main issue is still there and firing Olson is a backwards move. They should've fired Gus and made marrone or Olson interim hc.
I voted Nay as it extends our Gus tenure
Seriously, this team goes out of its way to look like even more of a laughing stock than it already is. Promoting the QB coach to OC???? Are you freaking serious???
While Hackett was the QB coach we watched Bortles regress into a warm steaming pile. Is Hackett competent?

Quote:While Hackett was the QB coach we watched Bortles regress into a warm steaming pile. Is Hackett competent?

Sounds like he has been terrible everywhere he has been.
Quote:Seriously, this team goes out of its way to look like even more of a laughing stock than it already is. Promoting the QB coach to OC???? Are you freaking serious???

Not sure who else you would suggest in place of Hackett. Surely not Marrone. His unit has regressed just as bad. Not Skipper. The running backs haven't exactly lit the world on fire. Maybe Jerry Sullivan? Has he even called plays before?
Quote:Not sure who else you would suggest in place of Hackett. Surely not Marrone. His unit has regressed just as bad. Not Skipper. The running backs haven't exactly lit the world on fire. Maybe Jerry Sullivan? Has he even called plays before?

It's just musical chairs with morons, like this move is supposed to calm the fans down or something. It's a joke. Gus should have just fallen on the grenade for his staff. Any coach who is 14-41 should willfully resign.
So Rapoport says he was fired for "lack of focus on running the ball.".  What even does that mean?  My only guess is that Bradley was behind the whole ball control movement that completely fell flat.  

Quote:So Rapoport says he was fired for "lack of focus on running the ball.". What even does that mean? My only guess is that Bradley was behind the whole ball control movement that completely fell flat.

Definitely was. In all my years of football I have never seen a team boast about running the ball as a core philosophy whilst having such a bad run game as much as we do.
Quote:So Rapoport says he was fired for "lack of focus on running the ball.". What even does that mean? My only guess is that Bradley was behind the whole ball control movement that completely fell flat.

Doesn't the HC create the game plan?
Yeah, but...

1. The wrong guy was fired

2. The wrong guy was promoted

Quote:Doesn't the HC create the game plan?
If Gus was creating the offensive game plan, it would explain a lot.
Quote:So Rapoport says he was fired for "lack of focus on running the ball.".  What even does that mean?  My only guess is that Bradley was behind the whole ball control movement that completely fell flat.  
Curious that they'd promote the QB coach after firing the OC for not running enough...
It may prove fruitless, but someone had to go.  

Quote:Curious that they'd promote the QB coach after firing the OC for not running enough...

It all makes no sense.
I voted yay because it reduces the bleeding. Obviously it is just a band-aid move, but someone had to go ASAP. Time will tell how much it helps the offense to not have Greg Olson in the building.

Quote:I voted yay because it reduces the bleeding. Obviously it is just a band-aid move, but someone had to go ASAP. Time will tell how much it helps the offense to not have Greg Olson in the building.

I agree. And just maybe we get the same turn around buffalo got earlier this season when they fired their own Greg.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5